OHSFSCA Division III Poll (2023)

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
1681755145097.png

Interesting seeing Wheelersburg and Portsmouth West rated so high. Battled with both communities in Little League and knew they both were very talented. Although they are in DIV, Portsmouth Notre Dame has a few of those Little League girls too.

Interesting seeing Wheelersburg and Portsmouth West rated so high. Battled with both communities in Little League and knew they both were very talented. Although they are in DIV, Portsmouth Notre Dame has a few of those Little League girls too.
Saw Portsmouth West play last weekend down in KY. Their pitcher threw pretty well in the game I saw.

I kinda laughed when I saw Triway at #10.

They are the defending Division II state champions. Yes, their senior class last year had nearly half a dozen girls go on to play college softball including 2+ go D1, but they still return 3 of their key batters from last year as well as arguably the top pitcher in the state (lost in the state finals as a freshman, won the state championship as a sophomore, and who is committed to Georgia Tech), and reloaded with several players from a JV team that went 16-1 and run-ruled just about everyone they played.

They were #25 in the MaxPreps preseason national rankings and have started 12-1, sweeping a double header against DI #8 Teays Valley, and losing 3-2 in 10 innings to a good Manchester team.

In the end, polls don't matter. But I had to laugh.

Last edited:

They are the defending Division II state champions. Yes, their senior class last year had nearly half a dozen girls go on to play college softball including 2+ go D1, but they still return 3 of their key batters from last year as well as arguably the top pitcher in the state (lost in the state finals as a freshman, won the state championship as a sophomore, and who is committed to Georgia Tech), and reloaded with several players from a JV team that went 16-1 and run-ruled just about everyone they played.

They were #25 in the MaxPreps preseason national rankings and have started 12-1, sweeping a double header against DI #8 Teays Valley, and losing 3-2 in 10 innings to a good Manchester team.

If your not from Southwest, it is a real struggle to break into the poll.

I haven't been following close this year, but South Range is really, really good. I would be stunned if they didn't go far in the tourney.

That does seem strange.

Barring a rainout, I'll get to see South Range on Saturday in a three-way double-header with Tallmadge and Stow (at Stow).

I agree. Took two from D-I Teays Valley, who at the time, ranked 4th in D-I. Polls don't matter, but like Pitman I just shook my head and laughed !!!!!

I agree. Took two from D-I Teays Valley, who at the time, ranked 4th in D-I. Polls don't matter, but like Pitman I just shook my head and laughed !!!!!
And after last night, now we have swept the reigning D-III state runner-up 8-3 and 2-1.

What a joke. This poll is worse than Max Preps.

DIII NE West Districts Seeding​

• 1 Keystone - Keystone (15-0) 402 D-II State Champs 2021
    2 Triway - Triway (14-1) 39 D-II State Runner-Up 2021, D-II State Champs 2022

Last edited:
What a joke. This poll is worse than Max Preps.

DIII NE West Districts Seeding​

• 1 Keystone - Keystone (15-0) 402 D-II State Champs 2021
    2 Triway - Triway (14-1) 39 D-II State Runner-Up 2021, D-II State Champs 2022
Maybe Keystone had a once in a generation group of community girls come through the halls in 2021 ;)

Maybe Keystone had a once in a generation group of community girls come through the halls in 2021 ;)
Doubt that. Not a Keystone fan, but they have a very good tradition in softball. Triway has one of the best pitchers in the state. Both should do well in the tournament.

Defending Division III runner-up Tuslaw (16-7) lost in a stunning upset last night in the sectional final to Waynedale (6-12) by a score of 13-3 in 5 innings.

I’m looking forward to seeing if the Raiders can match up with the Defending D2 Champs.
South Range vs. Triway in Regional Semi-Final this coming Wed.

Last edited:
I saw a score of 4-3, South Range over Triway.

Another SR vs. Champion matchup to decide who goes to state.

Typical response
We were state Champs moved down division everyone just give up. I watched on ysn. So when you LOL people about them wanting to see matchup. Guess what who is laughing now.
By the way the girls who took your Georgia tech pitcher deep in back to back were a sophomore and freshman.

Typical response
We were state Champs moved down division everyone just give up. I watched on ysn. So when you LOL people about them wanting to see matchup. Guess what who is laughing now.
By the way the girls who took your Georgia tech pitcher deep in back to back were a sophomore and freshman.
Didn't see that response anywhere. Have some class....you were complimented. See you next year. Not at GT yet, just a Jr.