OHSAA Tournament. Southwest..

Any way to check if Samantha Erbach's 6 goals is a record for a tournament game?

There was also an own goal that was a deflection of another shot of hers. She is a very special player.

They have won three consecutive playoff game 4-1. I'd guess they out-shot Centerville 3 to 1. However MND knows Seton very well. Should be a great matchup.
I agree it will be a very good game, but i also look at Centerville just beat the Saints at the end of the season, so they knew Seton well too!

Seton putting up 4 on State #6 Centerville who has a tremendous D, having just lost to them a few weeks back, knowing C'ville has only given up 4 goals 2 times previously in the last 9 years, and Waynesville beating the team 9-2 that just took down State #5 and State #12 in the two previous games are two of the bigger statement wins I've seen in SW Ohio in a long time. Also of note 4 of the 6 remaining schools in SW Ohio are private. Madeira the biggest surprise for me, after the beating they took from Waynesville to start the season I had low expectations. Too cold last night for me to make any games. I really wanted to see Milford /MND, but will make either MND/Seton or Waynesville/Summit Saturday. Both should be immense and intense games.

Seton putting up 4 on State #6 Centerville who has a tremendous D, having just lost to them a few weeks back, knowing C'ville has only given up 4 goals 2 times previously in the last 9 years, and Waynesville beating the team 9-2 that just took down State #5 and State #12 in the two previous games are two of the bigger statement wins I've seen in SW Ohio in a long time. Also of note 4 of the 6 remaining schools in SW Ohio are private. Madeira the biggest surprise for me, after the beating they took from Waynesville to start the season I had low expectations. Too cold last night for me to make any games. I really wanted to see Milford /MND, but will make either MND/Seton or Waynesville/Summit Saturday. Both should be immense and intense games.
I believe the winners of these two games wins state in their divisions

I'd be curious (if anyone has access to stats) how many shots Seton had on goal? I'd guess 20.

It was certainly one of their better performances on the year. And it was VERY cold!!!!

The entire Granville coaching staff resigned after the game. A talented team. Great defense. No offensive cohesion at all.

SCD is up 3-0 on Waynesville with 5 minutes to play. After SCD's 2nd and 3rd goal, their entire bench ran up the sideline with many of them running onto the field near the sideline. The SCD Coach should've been carded along with EVERY SCD player that came onto the field should also have been carded for unsportsmanlike conduct! There's no place for that type of behavior in a HS soccer game. Very disappointed to see that happen without any recourse!

“Any player, coach or bench personnel shall be cautioned (yellow card) for: any delayed, excessive or prolonged act(s) by which a player(s)
attempts to focus attention upon himself/herself and/or prohibits a timely restart of the game.” The last part definitely happened! Waynesville players had to wait for SCD to finish their celebration before their kickoff. When one considers that many goals happen within five minutes of another goal, one could easily assume/surmise that the scoring team is intentionally celebrating to delay the the kick-off as a means to reduce the likelihood that their opponents could quickly counter the goal that was just scored.

Last edited:
SCD is up 3-0 on Waynesville with 5 minutes to play. After SCD's 2nd and 3rd goal, their entire bench ran up the sideline with many of them running onto the field near the sideline. The SCD Coach should've been carded along with EVERY SCD player that came onto the field should also have been carded for unsportsmanlike conduct! There's no place for that type of behavior in a HS soccer game. Very disappointed to see that happen without any recourse!

“Any player, coach or bench personnel shall be cautioned (yellow card) for: any delayed, excessive or prolonged act(s) by which a player(s)
attempts to focus attention upon himself/herself and/or prohibits a timely restart of the game.” The last part definitely happened! Waynesville players had to wait for SCD to finish their celebration before their kickoff. When one considers that many goals happen within five minutes of another goal, one could easily assume/surmise that the scoring team is intentionally celebrating to delay the the kick-off as a means to reduce the likelihood that their opponents could quickly counter the goal that was just scored.
Didnt matter. Could only muster a goal on PK. 3-0 is an asswhoppin. Watched the feed and the players werent on the field anyway.

Didnt matter. Could only muster a goal on PK. 3-0 is an asswhoppin. Watched the feed and the players werent on the field any
St. John...An "asswhoppin?" Really?? Did you actually watch the game?? Because if you did then you were definitely watching a totally different game then most of the people in the stadium. As a neutral observer with no ties or allegiance to either school, Wville had more possession and total shots that SCD. SCD did a great job of countering and was much better at finishing. Wville settled for long range shots and crosses which was there downfall. But to say it was an "asswhoppin proves that your soccer analysis skills are faulty at best. Overall, I expected more high quality possession style soccer and was disappointed with the level of play from both schools. FYI--The feed does show that a couple of the bench players did in fact enter the field. Look for OHSAA to address this issue in the near future.

Since you like to copy and paste into different forums, thought id call you out on this one as well Pundit.

Really Pundit? Sounds like you’ve never played a competitive sport before….. These girls are allowed to celebrate well-earned goals. The celebrations were appropriate and respectful….also, clearly you were on Waynesville side and could not visibly see the Summit sideline in which both celebrations took place. But the girls on the Summit bench most certainly did not step onto the field, hence why no one was carded….. you are a very bitter, sore loser. Also, if you watched the game, you could intently tell Summit was not trying to delay/run down the clock until the final 2 minutes when Summit intentionally took the ball to the corner flag.

Picking on young girls for celebrating and being excited about scoring goals, shame on you.

St. John...An "asswhoppin?" Really?? Did you actually watch the game?? Because if you did then you were definitely watching a totally different game then most of the people in the stadium. As a neutral observer with no ties or allegiance to either school, Wville had more possession and total shots that SCD. SCD did a great job of countering and was much better at finishing. Wville settled for long range shots and crosses which was there downfall. But to say it was an "asswhoppin proves that your soccer analysis skills are faulty at best. Overall, I expected more high quality possession style soccer and was disappointed with the level of play from both schools. FYI--The feed does show that a couple of the bench players did in fact enter the field. Look for OHSAA to address this issue in the near future.
You sound like a neutral observer. I will not look for the ohsaa to address as nobody cares except for you. You really look bitter posting the same comment in three different threads. A neutral observer that really wants the entire SCD team to be carded.

Since you like to copy and paste into different forums, thought id call you out on this one as well Pundit.

Really Pundit? Sounds like you’ve never played a competitive sport before….. These girls are allowed to celebrate well-earned goals. The celebrations were appropriate and respectful….also, clearly you were on Waynesville side and could not visibly see the Summit sideline in which both celebrations took place. But the girls on the Summit bench most certainly did not step onto the field, hence why no one was carded….. you are a very bitter, sore loser. Also, if you watched the game, you could intently tell Summit was not trying to delay/run down the clock until the final 2 minutes when Summit intentionally took the ball to the corner flag.

Picking on young girls for celebrating and being excited about scoring goals, shame on you.
Flyster...aka new member. Your first mistake is making assumptions when you know nothing about me as I've played competitive sports my whole life. Your second, third, and fourth mistakes are believing I support either school when I do not as I am from Toledo, I watched the game via the NFHS network, and I never mentioned anything about killing the clock being unsportsmanlike as that's a strategy commonly used by teams all over the world. Finally, OHSAA established the excessive celebration rules in 2019 and SCD's celebration after every goal by running down the sidelines to meet up with the field players who ran towards them violates the very essence of the excessive celebration rules. OHSAA Excessive Celebration Rules “Any player, coach or bench personnel shall be cautioned (yellow card) for: any delayed, excessive or prolonged act(s) by which a player(s)
attempts to focus attention upon himself/herself and/or prohibits a timely restart of the game.” Wville players were waiting for SCD to finish their celebration before their kickoff. Those types of celebrations are not allowed in HS Soccer per OHSAA.

Last edited:
You sound like a neutral observer. I will not look for the ohsaa to address as nobody cares except for you. You really look bitter posting the same comment in three different threads. A neutral observer that really wants the entire SCD team to be carded.
St John, I'm from Toledo and watched the game via the NFHS network. The rules should be followed by every Ohio HS team without exception. Teams that fail to follow the rules should be penalized so as to ensure fairness. Failure to equally enforce all of the rules leads to the degradation of HS sports. If the referee and OHSAA aren't going to enforce their own rules then, why have any rules at all?

Well I’m not a casual observer. And I’ll say this. The better team won. Summit is talented. Young and talented. That is a great thing for them. They will have years of being successful. They played to our weaknesses and exploited them. That’s smart and just good coaching. This was the biggest game those summit girls have ever won. They will dominate Tuesday and their eventual game vs River will be different. I’ll also say that they 100% broke the celebration rule, I’ve watched the video 5 times to see how our break down on the 2nd and 3rd goals happened. Personally I understand, this was their Super Bowl. But it doesn’t change that rules are rules and when you break them you should accept the penalty. The one celebration was quite possibly the longest girls high school soccer celebration I’ve seen. If I were them I’d have probably done it too. But as I said you have to accept the penalty.

I’m proud of the team over the 4 years and Sam and Kendal. Sam has had a very good high school career and Kendal has too so far. Watching them play together for the last 2 years has been a lifetime highlight. They have both given it everything they could and never took the easy/lazy road on or off the field. Seeing them out there with their friends winning and even losing has been an awesome experience.

Good luck to all the local girls continuing on from Summit, Seton, CCD and Madeira. As I’ve said before I’ll miss it but I am absolutely without a doubt ready for club.

Last edited:
As a neutral observer with no ties or allegiance to either school,
In my opinion, no neutral observer finds a HS soccer forum and posts the same comment in at least 3 different threads. Cut/Pasted the first few responses, and then started replying to other comments. Nor does a neutral observer find the OHSSA rule, post it, and call for players and coaches to be punished. Oh boy. That’s passion! I don’t think its “no ties”. It’s okay. We all love our teams and get frustrated when they lose. But let’s not disrespect the kids.

Well I’m not a casual observer. And I’ll say this. The better team won. Summit is talented. Young and talented. That is a great thing for them. They will have years of being successful. They played to our weaknesses and exploited them. That’s smart and just good coaching. This was the biggest game those summit girls have ever won. They will dominate Tuesday and their eventual game vs River will be different. I’ll also say that they 100% broke the celebration rule, I’ve watched the video 5 times to see how our break down on the 2nd and 3rd goals happened. Personally I understand, this was their Super Bowl. But it doesn’t change that rules are rules and when you break them you should accept the penalty. The one celebration was quite possibly the longest girls high school soccer celebration I’ve seen. If I were them I’d have probably done it too. But as I said you have to accept the penalty.

I’m proud of the team over the 4 years and Sam and Kendal. Sam has had a very good high school career and Kendal has too so far. Watching them play together for the last 2 years has been a lifetime highlight. They have both given it everything they could and never took the easy/lazy road on or off the field. Seeing them out there with their friends winning and even losing has been an awesome experience.

Good luck to all the local girls continuing on from Summit, Seton, CCD and Madeira. As I’ve said before I’ll miss it but I am absolutely without a doubt ready for club.
Not sure it was their super bowl, the school has won state 3 times in the last twelve years but A big win for these girls against a great team. I watched two other games yesterday and all celebrated the same after goals, its a regional final.

Not sure it was their super bowl, the school has won state 3 times in the last twelve years but A big win for these girls against a great team. I watched two other games yesterday and all celebrated the same after goals, its a regional final.
Not the schools Super Bowl but these girls. They have few seniors, and these girls lost to Indian Hill 2 years ago, lost to us by an equal score in Reginals last year. I respect them. Summit is as storied a program as there is in Ohio.

Last edited:
Not the schools Super Bowl but these girls. Summit is as storied a program as there is in Ohio.
I'd like to add: When we were selecting a HS to addend, Summit was our #1 choice. COACH MIKE FEE is a wonderful human being and a great coach who cares about his players. He is genuine, tough, and tactically gifted. Unfortunately, we had to settle for quite the opposite at MND, but at least she got to play with some of the best athletes Cincinnati has to offer.

One of those such players, Peyton Kohls scored a goal and passed Rose Levelle. As she ran to high five all her teammates on the bench, the referee pulled out his card and gave the unsportsmanlike yellow. Everyone on the sidelines agreed it was totally worth it to celebrate a moment like that with her teammates.
Seams like the referee had some compassion for Summit as they were taking down the top Juggernaut player/team of 2023. Some refs are bias. It's human nature. Look at the Sagers family of referees. Do you really think Oak Hills is going to get the calls Vs Elder if one of those guys is officiating? I'm pretty sure they have GCL tattoos hidden under their stripes. I do like the Sagers fam personally though... Ha.

GO XU TODAY - 1:30 - BIG EAST FINALS - 3 former MND players - but the only one playing never played high school ball. She is also the only MND D1 player in the last 2-3 years (besides Maier at NH) NOT to blow out her leg joints. Peyton, Reese, Allison, Ally(somewhat recovered) and Emma. Prayers for thier full and speedy recoverys. We all should have taught our daughters the Sam Wyche sports - GOLF AND TENNIS!

In my opinion, no neutral observer finds a HS soccer forum and posts the same comment in at least 3 different threads. Cut/Pasted the first few responses, and then started replying to other comments. Nor does a neutral observer find the OHSSA rule, post it, and call for players and coaches to be punished. Oh boy. That’s passion! I don’t think its “no ties”. It’s okay. We all love our teams and get frustrated when they lose. But let’s not disrespect the kids.
73homer....your opinion is incorrect like many others on here that make assumptions. As a former OHSAA and USSF official, I believe that referees should equally enforce the rules without prejudice or bias. Unfortunately, that's not always the case with many officials who have forgotten that their primary purpose is to apply/enforce the laws of the game in a fair and impartial manner. Having officiated for 10 years, I have a unique perspective because I look at the game from the perspective of a player, a referee, and as a coach. When I observe actions that are unsportsmanlike, or play that is dangerous, or officials clearly calling a game in one team's favor then I feel obliged to bring attention to these issues in an attempt to prevent said issues from repeating and to improve HS soccer in general. I watched the SCD vs Wville game on NFHS since it was the only game available to watch on their network. I expected to see two highly talented teams playing a beautiful game being officiated by a quality CR and ARs. Needless to say that I was disappointed on both levels. FYI--EmptyCup's analysis of the game is "spot on."

St John...Are you saying that just because several teams are breaking OHSAA rules that we should just turn a blind eye on it and accept it? Using that premise we could also justify other MLB and CF teams stealing signals since the Astros and UofM did it.

Last edited:
73homer....your opinion is incorrect like many others on here that make assumptions. As a former OHSAA and USSF official, I believe that referees should equally enforce the rules without prejudice or bias. Unfortunately, that's not always the case with many officials who have forgotten that their primary purpose is to apply/enforce the laws of the game in a fair and impartial manner. Having officiated for 10 years, I have a unique perspective because I look at the game from the perspective of a player, a referee, and as a coach. When I observe actions that are unsportsmanlike, or play that is dangerous, or officials clearly calling a game in one team's favor then I feel obliged to bring attention to these issues in an attempt to prevent said issues from repeating and to improve HS soccer in general. I watched the SCD vs Wville game on NFHS since it was the only game available to watch on their network. I expected to see two highly talented teams playing a beautiful game being officiated by a quality CR and ARs. Needless to say that I was disappointed on both levels. FYI--EmptyCup's analysis of the game is "spot on."

St John...Are you saying that just because several teams are breaking OHSAA rules that we should just turn a blind eye on it and accept it? Using that premise we could also justify other MLB and CF teams stealing signals since the Astros and UofM did it.
I don't think the refs should suck the enjoyment out of a celebration in an emotional regional final game by giving the entire team and coaches yellow cards for being happy. you said " When one considers that many goals happen within five minutes of another goal, one could easily assume/surmise that the scoring team is intentionally celebrating to delay the the kick-off as a means to reduce the likelihood that their opponents could quickly counter the goal that was just scored."

the clock is stopped so nobody is delaying anything. And i highly doubt the Summit players were thinking "Hey, statistics show that many goals happen within 5 minutes of another goal....so lets act like we are really excited to take the lead in this Regional final game against one of if not the best team in the state and try to delay their momentum".

St. John...If you don't like OHSAA's rules on excessive celebrations then, complain to OHSAA for making rules that you believe "suck the enjoyment out of celebrations." Remember, Referees are like police officers and judges, their job is to enforce/apply the laws as written and not to pick and choose which laws they want to enforce/apply. As for the clock stopped comment, you clearly missed the point. FYI--Most restart kickoffs happen within 30-35 seconds of a goal being scored. Wville players had to wait over a minute for the SCD players to finish their celebration. This may seem like nothing to you but many teams, that are scored upon, quickly run/pass the ball up to half in order to re-start the game ASAP in an attempt to get the goal back. Especially when considering many goals are scored within 5 minutes of another one. I know that my players would complain about having to stand there for an additional 30+ seconds waiting for another team to finish their goal celebration with the sideline players. Please keep in mind that I'm not against all of the field players coming together and celebrating the goal on the field, the problem is with the bench players running down the sideline when the 2nd and 3rd goals are scored and watching the field players run over to the sideline to celebrate with the bench players especially when OHSAA banned excessive celebrations in 2019. Please keep in mind I'm criticizing the referees for not enforcing OHSAA rules (if the rules aren't enforced then why have them) and the SCD Coach for not controlling the bench players since eliminating unsportsmanlike sideline behavior was a major emphasis by OHSAA this year.

73homer....Clearly you didn't read my post as I did state that I'm no longer refeeing. I have been coaching varsity soccer for the past 20+ years and hold the highest national coaching licenses. And since you like to make assumptions, I'm going to make the assumption that I've actually forgotten more about the game of soccer then you will ever know. buh-bye!

St. John...If you don't like OHSAA's rules on excessive celebrations then, complain to OHSAA for making rules that you believe "suck the enjoyment out of celebrations." Remember, Referees are like police officers and judges, their job is to enforce/apply the laws as written and not to pick and choose which laws they want to enforce/apply. As for the clock stopped comment, you clearly missed the point. FYI--Most restart kickoffs happen within 30-35 seconds of a goal being scored. Wville players had to wait over a minute for the SCD players to finish their celebration. This may seem like nothing to you but many teams, that are scored upon, quickly run/pass the ball up to half in order to re-start the game ASAP in an attempt to get the goal back. Especially when considering many goals are scored within 5 minutes of another one. I know that my players would complain about having to stand there for an additional 30+ seconds waiting for another team to finish their goal celebration with the sideline players. Please keep in mind that I'm not against all of the field players coming together and celebrating the goal on the field, the problem is with the bench players running down the sideline when the 2nd and 3rd goals are scored and watching the field players run over to the sideline to celebrate with the bench players especially when OHSAA banned excessive celebrations in 2019. Please keep in mind I'm criticizing the referees for not enforcing OHSAA rules (if the rules aren't enforced then why have them) and the SCD Coach for not controlling the bench players since eliminating unsportsmanlike sideline behavior was a major emphasis by OHSAA this year.

73homer....Clearly you didn't read my post as I did state that I'm no longer refeeing. I have been coaching varsity soccer for the past 20+ years and hold the highest national coaching licenses. And since you like to make assumptions, I'm going to make the assumption that I've actually forgotten more about the game of soccer then you will ever know. buh-bye!
why would i complain to the OHSAA for something that wasn't called. That's your job bc you are so butt hurt about the celebrations. and apparently they can pick and choose which laws they want to enforce bc nothing was called. So even though you are absolutely criticizing that poor ref who was doing the best job he could do, I applaud him for being in the moment and not making it all about him by being Johnny Yellow card.

So the only times your team really wanted to score was after they were scored upon? maybe if they had that urgency all the time, they wouldn't be down a goal and could use the clock to their advantage. What's the rule for walking to get the ball for a throw in or goal kick when your team is up? no yellow cards given for that delay when the clock is running.