OHSAA Tournament. Southwest..

Indian Hill won in PK’s on a late keeper stop.

And is nobody going to say anything about MND and Milford only winning by 2 vs the 2 worst D1 teams outside the GMC? Or Loveland losing to SUA? Those are 3 very intriguing results. And after watching Badin struggle vs McNick that huge result vs Alter is a statement. I said at the start of the season this was going to be an interesting year.

Oh and Reding and their top “scorer” held to zero against a decent team once again.

Round 3 we go..
D1 matchups:
#1 Milford vs #14 Fairfield
#2 Oak Hills vs #12 SUA
#4 Mason vs #5 MND
#3 Seton vs #8 Turpin
#10 Lakota West vs #6 Anderson
#1 Centerville vs #5 Troy
#2 Springboro vs #10 Northmont
#6 Beavercreek vs #4 Sidney

D2:
#2 Roger Bacon vs #3 Mercy McAuley
#1 Summit vs #8 Indian Hill
#3 Badin vs #5 Monroe
#1 Waynesville vs #8 Eaton

D3:
#4 Greeneview vs #5 Clermont Northeastern
#1 CCD vs Fayetteville Perry
#3 Mariemont vs #6 Bethel Tate
#2 Madeira vs #8 Madison

And is nobody going to say anything about MND and Milford only winning by 2 vs the 2 worst D1 teams outside the GMC? Or Loveland losing to SUA? Those are 3 very intriguing results. And after watching Badin struggle vs McNick that huge result vs Alter is a statement. I said at the start of the season this was going to be an interesting year.

Oh and Reding and their top “scorer” held to zero against a decent team once again.
Badin is tough but looking at Alter’s results I think it’s more an indictment on their inconsistency than anything.

Just heard that Bellbrook who beat a team 15-0 in the first half Monday, refused to shake Monroe’s hand after the game. Hopefully I can make one of their matchups next year.
Watched the ending on NFHS today. Looks like Monroe made an attempt and Bellbrook walked the other way. 2 players and I think one assistant shook hands. The coach later walked over to the Monroe bench and talked while collecting soccer balls...

I guess those 11-12 breakaway goals on Monday came back to bite them.

The Ursuline keeper stood on her head stopping quite a few quality chances. Milford hit posts, crossbars and just missed wide on more than just a few. Was one of those games where nothing was falling. I'm not sure Ursuline had decent shot or real scoring threat.

Round 3 we go..
D1 matchups:
#1 Milford vs #14 Fairfield
#2 Oak Hills vs #12 SUA
#4 Mason vs #5 MND
#3 Seton vs #8 Turpin
#10 Lakota West vs #6 Anderson
#1 Centerville vs #5 Troy
#2 Springboro vs #10 Northmont
#6 Beavercreek vs #4 Sidney

D2:
#2 Roger Bacon vs #3 Mercy McAuley
#1 Summit vs #8 Indian Hill
#3 Badin vs #5 Monroe
#1 Waynesville vs #8 Eaton

D3:
#4 Greeneview vs #5 Clermont Northeastern
#1 CCD vs Fayetteville Perry
#3 Mariemont vs #6 Bethel Tate
#2 Madeira vs #8 Madison
Great matchups Monday. Any upsets?

Round 3 we go..
D1 matchups:
#1 Milford vs #14 Fairfield = Milford 3-1
#2 Oak Hills vs #12 SUA = Oak Hills 2-0
#4 Mason vs #5 MND =. MND 1-0
#3 Seton vs #8 Turpin = Seton 3-0
#10 Lakota West vs #6 Anderson =. Anderson 2-1
#1 Centerville vs #5 Troy. = Centerville 3-0
#2 Springboro vs #10 Northmont = Springboro 3-0
#6 Beavercreek vs #4 Sidney = Beavercreek 3-2

D2:
#2 Roger Bacon vs #3 Mercy McAuley = Roger Bacon 2-1
#1 Summit vs #8 Indian Hill = Summit 3-0
#3 Badin vs #5 Monroe = Badin 3-0
#1 Waynesville vs #8 Eaton = Waynesville. 8-0

D3:
#4 Greeneview vs #5 Clermont Northeastern = Clermont 2-1
#1 CCD vs Fayetteville Perry= CCD 8-0
#3 Mariemont vs #6 Bethel Tate = Mariemont 8-0
#2 Madeira vs #8 Madison = Madeira8-0

The Ursuline keeper stood on her head stopping quite a few quality chances. Milford hit posts, crossbars and just missed wide on more than just a few. Was one of those games where nothing was falling. I'm not sure Ursuline had decent shot or real scoring threat.
Milford did not look like the top team in the city that night. UA had a solid defense and they were winning the 50/50 balls in the middle of the field. The refs had some very questionable calls... Overall, it was a great game!

Districts are set..
All games are Thursday, 7pm. Looks like all the favorites got to the Districts. (Except MND #5 over #4 Mason).

D1:
Milford vs Beavercreek @Middletown HS
Centerville vs Anderson @Lakota East HS
Oak Hills vs MND @Princeton HS
Springboro vs Seton @Lakota West HS

D2:
Waynesville vs Tippecanoe @springfield HS
Mercy McAuley vs Badin @KINGS HS
Archbishop Carroll vs Summit Country Day @Monroe HS

D3:
West Liberty-Salem vs Clermont Northeastern @Xenia HS
Mariemont vs Legacy Christian @Bellbrook HS
Cincinnati Country Day vs Anna @Trotwood Madison HS
Madeira vs Lehman Catholic @ Miamisburg HS

Last edited:
Mason lost in pks to MND. Both teams looked well conditioned and played a pretty good game. There were a couple missed handballs in the box that could have made a difference.
Neither team created many real scoring chances. MND's goal was a hail mary shot from 30 yards out and Mason scored during a scrum in front of goal. MND had one clear chance from the right side, where the forward went far post and the Mason GK was able to push the shot wide. Mason almost scored on a corner where the shot was cleared off the line. Other than that, it was a battle between the 18s. Game devolved into kick ball about halfway through the second half through extra time. Fitting end for Mason, as their inability to score was always going to catch up with them.

MND 2
Little Miami 0

Milford 2
UA 0

Neither team created many real scoring chances. MND's goal was a hail mary shot from 30 yards out and Mason scored during a scrum in front of goal. MND had one clear chance from the right side, where the forward went far post and the Mason GK was able to push the shot wide. Mason almost scored on a corner where the shot was cleared off the line. Other than that, it was a battle between the 18s. Game devolved into kick ball about halfway through the second half through extra time. Fitting end for Mason, as their inability to score was always going to catch up with them.
Any update on if the MND signal-caller implemented the brilliant coaching strategy of choosing the first 5 girls to stand up get to take the PK? It did work to perfection last season, so maybe?

Any update on if the MND signal-caller implemented the brilliant coaching strategy of choosing the first 5 girls to stand up get to take the PK? It did work to perfection last season, so maybe?

Mason has barely given up any goals all year, and I think half of them were given up to MND (3). Sounds like the "Signal Caller" is doing just fine.

Is there a College Soccer Forum like yappi, so we can monitor your complaints when you move to the college soccer world?

Mason has barely given up any goals all year, and I think half of them were given up to MND (3). Sounds like the "Signal Caller" is doing just fine.

Is there a College Soccer Forum like yappi, so we can monitor your complaints when you move to the college soccer world?
Not that I know of, but maybe you missed out on MND's record this season. You can check out their results on GGCL. com. Plus, you didn't answer my question.

You know I used to coach hoops and would frequently see situations similar to here at yap like this: I'd beat you with my players. Then me and you could switch teams and I'd wip you with your own squad against mine. Enjoy!

Not that I know of, but maybe you missed out on MND's record this season. You can check out their results on GGCL. com. Plus, you didn't answer my question.

You know I used to coach hoops and would frequently see situations similar to here at yap like this: I'd beat you with my players. Then me and you could switch teams and I'd wip you with your own squad against mine. Enjoy!
Ok, Ill answer your odd question... Only her staff and players could answer that, and Im neither. They won in PKS, and you are bashing how they may of picked their PK takers? Kind of an odd take...

I saw their record. A lot of ties, for sure. Got the 5 seed and in a district final. I would say they are doing ok. Probably would be the 1 seed though, if MND would of had you on staff though.