OHSAA does not allow kids to play 7on7

D1 is up from the year prior.

I am assuming the prior year numbers are the final year totals where this year is thru 12/22 as you said. My understanding is the divisions under d1 typically wait until d1 is basically finished with their recruiting so that will probably grow yet over the next weeks/months. Another thing I have seen in the sub-D1 ranks is kids simply aren't wanting to play at that level anymore. Full rides aren't offered many times, the schools are more expensive, and the they calculate the personal investment in time against getting to play football a few more years.

And there are not athletic scholarships in D3 last I heard and typically if you can get in and afford tuition you can find a team if you really want at d3. You might never see the field but you can say you were on the team if that is important to you.
It's up, but is still drastically down from all of the other years. You're correct we are at a point where D2's and FCS's are offering 2023's. Most FBS schools are done with the 2023 class. So that 46 number will absolutely increase. That being said, even if it triples, it's not going to come to a fraction of what it has been in most years. Yes D3 cannot offer athletic scholarships, but there's a trickle down. Some of the should be D1 FBS kids are taking the spots of would be D1 FCS and D2 kids and some of those would be D2 & FCS kids will take spots of kids who could have played D3 (regardless of who's dime it's on). For some it's about getting athletic scholarships and college paid for and for others it's about opportunities to continue their careers at a higher level and get a degree.

Except it's not. I'm not even addressing the rest of the garbage you posted.
Some people like football because it's the ultimate team sport. It takes a great deal of mental and physical preparation, and is by nature a selfless sport. Some people like you and Spartacus, I think, just watch because you guys like the way the pants fit. To each his own, Jared.

It's up, but is still drastically down from all of the other years. You're correct we are at a point where D2's and FCS's are offering 2023's. Most FBS schools are done with the 2023 class. So that 46 number will absolutely increase. That being said, even if it triples, it's not going to come to a fraction of what it has been in most years. Yes D3 cannot offer athletic scholarships, but there's a trickle down. Some of the should be D1 FBS kids are taking the spots of would be D1 FCS and D2 kids and some of those would be D2 & FCS kids will take spots of kids who could have played D3 (regardless of who's dime it's on). For some it's about getting athletic scholarships and college paid for and for others it's about opportunities to continue their careers at a higher level and get a degree.
Well, you're ignoring other variables that also come into play. We have less kids that age in ohio now, less kids are actually playing football, and as I pointed out....less kids are interested in playing at the lower levels when it means they (the player with loans, parents, grandparents, etc) have to cover more/all of the expense just to play football a few more years.

And I believe they should be allowed to play 7v7 but I don't think it's going to help more kids get recruited or Ohio State win more national championships.

have you factored in the amount of kids still on scholarship because of covid years that has created a kind of supply issue in terms of amounts available? Also, why take a HS kid if you can get a veteran type player in the portal? As FBS schools use the portal more, they will offer less HS kids in most states.

What has also invariably hurt Ohio kids is the NCAA has, for two straight years now, removed the standardized test score requirement for initial eligibility. Which, means less D1-profile kids (on the basis of HT/WT and 40) have had to do stints at the JUCO’s lately.

Supply exceeds demand.

Some people like football because it's the ultimate team sport. It takes a great deal of mental and physical preparation, and is by nature a selfless sport. Some people like you and Spartacus, I think, just watch because you guys like the way the pants fit. To each his own, Jared.
You could not be more off base. Some people make judgements of others off of baseless assumptions, but you're right, to each his own Prideful.

Well, you're ignoring other variables that also come into play. We have less kids that age in ohio now, less kids are actually playing football, and as I pointed out....less kids are interested in playing at the lower levels when it means they (the player with loans, parents, grandparents, etc) have to cover more/all of the expense just to play football a few more years.

And I believe they should be allowed to play 7v7 but I don't think it's going to help more kids get recruited or Ohio State win more national championship
This is not about getting Ohio State a championship. I couldn't care less whether kids go to Ohio State or Ohio Dominican. This is about getting kids opportunities to get college paid for in addition to academic success and continue their football careers. Yes, there are factors other than not having 7v7 that are factoring into the college scholarship numbers, but I think the opportunity of play 7v7 would help to combat those numbers.

What has also invariably hurt Ohio kids is the NCAA has, for two straight years now, removed the standardized test score requirement for initial eligibility. Which, means less D1-profile kids (on the basis of HT/WT and 40) have had to do stints at the JUCO’s lately.

Supply exceeds demand.
I agree, I'm just fighting for kids to have equal opportunity of that of kids in any other state.

This is not about getting Ohio State a championship. I couldn't care less whether kids go to Ohio State or Ohio Dominican. This is about getting kids opportunities to get college paid for in addition to academic success and continue their football careers. Yes, there are factors other than not having 7v7 that are factoring into the college scholarship numbers, but I think the opportunity of play 7v7 would help to combat those numbers.
Ok....maybe you aren't saying it will get OSU more national championships but others certainly are in a round about way. Why else the graphic with the oval around the SE schools that have won national championships? It's obviously implied that those schools have more developed kids and thus win more championships.

Chasing athletic scholarships is fools gold. Based on your graphic in Ohio's best year ONLY 162 kids got full rides to D1. Most below that level are at best partial scholarships. A better investment is kids working on their grades.

They do have equal opportunity. If they are scholarship worthy they will get found.
If they're don't have the ability to get as much development and exposure as kids in other states because of Ohio's rules, IT'S NOT EQUAL OPPORTUNITY.

Since you're so dead set against it please, please give me some good reasons why Ohio should not allow 7v7.

If they're don't have the ability to get as much development and exposure as kids in other states because of Ohio's rules, IT'S NOT EQUAL OPPORTUNITY.

Since you're so dead set against it please, please give me some good reasons why Ohio should not allow 7v7.
I have said repeatedly that the kids in ohio should be allowed to play 7v7 if they want.

I don't think it will lead to more scholarships, championships, or anything like you're hoping for.

Last 3 minutes of this video Bobby Carpenter making it very clear here that OSU coaches want spring football in Ohio. Also, every single OSU recruiting podcast has mentioned Ohio needs to have it.

Last 3 minutes of this video Bobby Carpenter making it very clear here that OSU coaches want spring football in Ohio. Also, every single OSU recruiting podcast has mentioned Ohio needs to have it.

OSU has spring football. If they mean HS they are only looking at it for less than 1% of the players they might be interested in.

F ohio state and the horse they rode in on.

tell ohio state to fund it and all the medical costs for injuries incurred

Uhhh what?
if Ohio State wants 7 on 7 or spring football in Ohio high schools tell them to fund it, and pay medical costs for all injuries incurred.

Ohio State wants spring football. So who cares what Ohio State wants?

Nobody

tell them to fund it: all costs down to the last roll of athletic tape and hot water for showers and all equipment

and all medical costs for all injuries incurred.

I know I've used this adapted movie quote on here before but...

Stop trying to make spring football in Ohio happen. It's not going to happen!

He says to do it when track is at regionals. Regionals in 2022 were on the last weekend of May when many schools are already out of session for the year. He thinks seven practices in early June are going to significantly improve Ohio football players?

Have you ever heard of Ladd McConkey? He was a walk on at UGA, and he'll one day be playing on SUNDAY! And he garnered interest from 7 on 7 in the North Georgia hills. And he lived closer to Knoxville than Athens.***ROTFLMAO***
What? Ladd McConkey received a scholarship offer from UGA 16 days before his signing day. He was never a walk on at Georgia.

From what I’ve seen on social media these tournaments seem legit. Kids playing in wrestling singlets while wearing Halloween masks and ski goggles adds a new level of ridiculousness to youth sports. Every video I’ve seen makes these tournaments appear to be a advertisement for a mouthpiece or apparel company. I know it’s hard to believe, but the Kirby Smarts of the world don’t always have the best intentions for kids. In many cases, kids attending college on athletic scholarships are not receiving the same education as their peers. However, I don’t think the OHSAA should restrict an athlete’s participation in these events.

The timeline that is laid out makes no sense. Have the spring practices during track regionals which is late May? This was already pointed out, that's when most schools are out which makes it the start of summer. In the summer schools are allowed 10 practices. So, now they're advocating for 17 practices in the summer? Spring ball in Ohio will never make sense.

The timeline that is laid out makes no sense. Have the spring practices during track regionals which is late May? This was already pointed out, that's when most schools are out which makes it the start of summer. In the summer schools are allowed 10 practices. So, now they're advocating for 17 practices in the summer? Spring ball in Ohio will never make sense.
Whaaa? 7 on 7 and spring football is going to bring peace to the middle east, cure cancer, make nuclear fusion work, and cure world hunger.

Get with the program.

Yes very true, most of the SEC is not at Bama or Georgias level because obviously Bama and Georgia are going into those other southeastern states and taking their best players. Those SEC teams are also still better than 3-14 in other conferences.

I spoke to a friend of mine who's a coach and he says that the internet has made the Southeast that much better at developing teams. The schemes and strategy that once made Ohio great is now not a secret all over the country and it's being used by places that have more practice time and better athletes.
I audited Georgia's roster and a little over 80% of their roster is home grown. I'd have to go back and cross reference out of state players on their roster who directly contribute to their on field success. That being said, I'm going to wing a guess that Georgia's success has more to do with the athlete's in their state and that they are not really poaching anyone of any significance outside the state of Georgia. Based on that it would seem spring ball has less to do with their success, although I don't know how many days they get in May. They may get more for all I know.

GA's success has probably more to do with an ever increasing population of internal migrants from around the US and well finally finding a HFC who can get the job done (no offense to Mark Richt).

More practice time yes. Over a high school football player's career in South Carolina they are totaling 60 additional practice days. However I can tell you first hand those first 3 days are spent making sure kids have paperwork turned in and sizing kids for equipment and helmets.

With regards to better athletes you and I could make the same argument if it were the 1920s, 30s, 40s and 1950s / 60s when the "rust belt" was still brimming with large populations (better athletes).

I would argue the air conditioner played more of a role in opening up the South to what was going on up North. Without AC ain't no way anyone from up North is moving down here.