Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Clemson by 1-7 points

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Clemson by 8-14 points

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Clemson by 15+ points

Votes: 6 18.8%

• Total voters
The only reason IMO to be hopeful that Ohio State has any chance in this game is that the offensive line has progressively been playing at a very high level in the run game in their last 3-4 outings. A heavy dose of Tressel ball and letting those guys be maulers with some play action mixed in is probably their best chance at winning.

Otherwise, it's hard to feel very optimistic about their chances. With the disjointedness of the shortened season between game cancellations and quarantines it feels like they've never established a rhythm or improved upon any of their flaws, such as the back end of the secondary against the pass. They came into the year thin on depth and experience on the back end due to guys heading to the NFL and disciplinary dismissals in the off-season, and it seems they've never really improved. Unless the D-Line dominates the trenches, Lawrence is going to light up the secondary and Clemson will score at will.

OSU should be glad that there isn't a running clock in college football. This game for all intense purposes will be over at halftime.

OSU should be glad that there isn't a running clock in college football. This game for all intense purposes will be over at halftime.
The joys of the Internet...running clock on OSU?? Please...talk about getting carried away.
Dabo the clown better get his licks in now because with our recruiting OSU will be here to stay.

The joys of the Internet...running clock on OSU?? Please...talk about getting carried away.
Dabo the clown better get his licks in now because with our recruiting OSU will be here to stay.
And Dabo/Clemson hasn't been there to stay?

He's in their heads. They'll likely prove OSU is 11th.

And Dabo/Clemson hasn't been there to stay?

He's in their heads. They'll likely prove OSU is 11th.
I repeat...the joys of the Internet. ^^^ Rubbish post alert
I quote "If I was on the committee, it would be hard for me to leave out a 10-1 Texas A&M or an 11-game Florida team over a team that's played six games"
To me if you're a Coach you control what you can control...I certainly wouldn't be worried about any football team other than my own.
Looks to me like OSU is in Swinney's head....saw the game coming didn't ya Dabo, OSU on the mind? lol ?

Last edited:
This is spot on.

The talking heads on ESPN and elsewhere always seem to ignore this other side of the coin. Yes, Ohio State had fewer chances for injuries and to lose only playing 6 games. BUT, when you have a lot of new starters and you don't play enough games, it is much more difficult to have weaknesses exposed and corrected in a 6 game season. Ohio State's new players are still 4 and 5 star recruits, talent, especially on the defensive side of the ball, is probably not an issue, the issue is experience for those new starters. I would have rather had Ohio State play 10 or 11 games to allow the coaches time to see exposed weaknesses and address them, and allow the new starters to gain irreplaceable game experience. Ohio State, in my opinion, is at a bigger disadvantage playing only 6 games than the teams that played 10 or 11.
This would only make sense if football players didn't get hurt. But they do. Ohio State may be the healthiest they've been all season...because...everybody...they've played only 6 games, and only 3 of those games they had to play the starters into the 4th quarter. Heck, they haven't even played back to back weeks since Oct. 31- Nov. 7th. They've got a bye week between every game, including the big ten championship.

This would only make sense if football players didn't get hurt. But they do. Ohio State may be the healthiest they've been all season...because...everybody...they've played only 6 games, and only 3 of those games they had to play the starters into the 4th quarter. Heck, they haven't even played back to back weeks since Oct. 31- Nov. 7th. They've got a bye week between every game, including the big ten championship.

I understand that but like I said there are two sides to that coin. I would much rather have had all the new defensive players risk injury and gain the experience of a 10-11 game season than only 6 games. I think this hurts Ohio State more than helps them this year. If they returned most of the defensive starters from last season and game time experience wasn't an issue, then I would agree with you.

I understand that but like I said there are two sides to that coin. I would much rather have had all the new defensive players risk injury and gain the experience of a 10-11 game season than only 6 games. I think this hurts Ohio State more than helps them this year. If they returned most of the defensive starters from last season and game time experience wasn't an issue, then I would agree with you.
Only if they don't get hurt. I understand where you are coming from, and we'll really see how exposed the Buckeyes are. In the big ten, their 4-5 stars can just walk on the field and beat most of the rest of the conferences 2-3 stars or less.

Only if they don't get hurt. I understand where you are coming from, and we'll really see how exposed the Buckeyes are. In the big ten, their 4-5 stars can just walk on the field and beat most of the rest of the conferences 2-3 stars or less.
In 2019 24/7 had Michigan and PSU both with better recruiting classes than tOSU in the Big10.
Good thing you post to "educate" us all. lol

I agree with the thought that The Bucks have not had enough time to gel in most areas of the game. The defensive line is doing okay, but it is clear that no one has stepped up to fill the spot of Chase Young. Cooper is not as good, and Harrison is a sophomore. Young attracted a lot of attention, which allowed other guys to have a bigger impact. Fields has not looked all that great, but he has had flashes of greatness. Again, he has not had enough time with the new receivers. One good thing is covid had given playing time to younger players who are going to have to step up. The oneconsistency has been the o-line. Even when covid had a few of them sitting out, the back-ups played well. The one really bright spot is Sermon. At first I was like this guy does not look that good. He was missing obvious holes and making really bad decisions. As the season progressed, you could see him getting better and better. He wasn't running blindly to a spot that was covered instead of cutting back to where the hole was. He was starting to look like the guy we expected him to be. It all came to conclusion when he went off against Northwestern. He made great decisions and found the holes. His performance gave me a lot of hope for the offense. If Clemson wants to take Fields out of the game like NW, go ahead; Sermon will make them pay. Clemson's d-line has not faced a line like tOSU's, and if ND's line could push them around, tOSU's will man handle them. One suprise to me has been few plays designed for the tightends. I think that is intentional. That will change in the playoffs. I do wish that the Bucks could have played more games to get the kinks out, but it is what it is. At least the other teams have had a couple of weeks to cool off. The layoff will hurt them more than tOSU. Hey, the one thing I have learned about being a Buckeyes fan is to expect the unexpected and to never count them out.

OSU D is nowhere near the ball on the first series. Too slow to catch up and out physicalled in the secondary by the Clemson blockers. OSU not looking well prepared for that first drive.

Their wr looked to have a pretty good grip on the OSU player on the run into the endzone. The D has to break those push offs and grabs. Can't count on the refs.