Ohio State Football 2024

So? And aren't you the one who bemoans OSU's lack of post-season success against SEC foes since 2014? And now you're suddenly surprised that Gillespie wouldn't pack for Columbus? Lol.
Absolutely and OSU can offer the guy more money than Bama or any other SEC team sans maybe Texas A&M.

Absolutely and OSU can offer the guy more money than Bama or any other SEC team sans maybe Texas A&M.
RG makes 875 k at bammy, OSU would not only have to match that but increase it (bammy might match) and pay for his buyout. Despite what you might think OSU does not have an unlimited checking acct. Plus he (RG) might not like cold weather.

Sorry, bro. A bigger bag isn't always going to entice a coach who seems to prefer the South and currently sits in Tuscaloosa. I'm as big an OSU homer as you'll find, but some spots are still better elsewhere.
I guess I don’t understand why anyone would ever want to live in Tuscaloosa. I understand Birmingham is nearby but even there, there isn’t much to do.

I guess I don’t understand why anyone would ever want to live in Tuscaloosa. I understand Birmingham is nearby but even there, there isn’t much to do.
I'm not using Tuscaloosa as a reference to measure general quality of life, but rather specific quality of employment satisfaction.

If your main argument is temperature then there are many more places in the south to go live with a nice temperature other than Tuscaloosa
Not if you are a football coach who wants to get pd. at a high level and get top recruits. I just gave you a good reason why somebody rather coach in tusky than Columbus - temperature.

So guy absolutely MIGHT be better but he also might NOT be better. We don't know and I don't like hiring coaches at OSU unless they are the best at what they do aka Robert Gillespie. Don't know why Day couldn't get him....
Locklyn fills a need. He will be judged on recruiting and not Xs and Os. Was someone better available? Maybe, but the timing of the need to fill the position was poor. Also consider Ohio State under Ryan Day is considered to be a pass first program. That may change under the new OC Kelly, but a RB coach might want to go to a program where the running game is a proven priority.

Locklyn fills a need. He will be judged on recruiting and not Xs and Os. Was someone better available? Maybe, but the timing of the need to fill the position was poor. Also consider Ohio State under Ryan Day is considered to be a pass first program. That may change under the new OC Kelly, but a RB coach might want to go to a program where the running game is a proven priority.
OSU has an SEC offense, look at OSU's rushing stats - similar to Alabama the last 3 seasons. Last year was a drop off mostly due to inconsistent o-line play.

While some won’t care for this, Locklyn hand wrote about 50 or so letters/notes to people before departing Eugene.

Ohio State has added Tim Drevno as a support staff member. He was UCLA’s OL coach last year. Spent a lot of time working with Jim Harbaugh, although he was with USC and UCLA during Michigan’s 3 year run.

Anything to help out the OL room is good in my book.

Last edited:
Ohio State has added Tim Drevno as a support staff member. He was UCLA’s OL coach last year. Spent a lot of time working with Jim Harbaugh, although he was with USC and UCLA during Michigan’s 3 year run.

Anything to help out the OL room is good in my book.

Harbaugh sent Drevno packing after several lack luster years of OL performance. I believe he was shown the door at USC as well.

As a counterbalance, Drevno did some great things at Stanford and with the 49ers. He’s essentially backfilling Philbin’s analyst role, considering he jumped back to the NFL. I’m doubtful he’ll make or break the season either way. Lol. I’m with @Orin Swift on this one. Anyone capable/competent of helping Frye with the OL is a solid move.