Ohio parent charged after over 200 teens partied at his property

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
A man from Jefferson County is facing multiple charges after over 200 teens allegedly partied on his property.

Many teens were underage, says Jefferson County officials, and that party grew bigger after word got out over social media.

The party was discovered by authorities after they were called to Trinity Medical Center West when one of the people at the party was treated for a head injury because they allegedly got pistol-whipped.

I am aware of a couple in a suburb east of Cleveland who recently hosted a party attended by underage people (16-18).. Alcohol was being used…parent/homeowners knew it. Police were called. Some were highly intox. Both parents (successful people) pled guilty to misdemeanor offenses and both parents were given 10 day jail sentences.

1660225592176.png

I am aware of a couple in a suburb east of Cleveland who recently hosted a party attended by underage people (16-18).. Alcohol was being used…parent/homeowners knew it. Police were called. Some were highly intox. Both parents (successful people) pled guilty to misdemeanor offenses and both parents were given 10 day jail sentences.
Good.

Parents need to be held accountable. As a kid, you know which ones can be taken advantage of. What parents permit, they endorse.

Good.

Parents need to be held accountable. As a kid, you know which ones can be taken advantage of. What parents permit, they endorse.
I get a kick out of this. This is what people say when some OTHER PERSON gets sent to jail ?. When THEY get in trouble (and many "regular" folks do have an encounter with criminal justice...or their children...OVI for instance), they whine and whine to their lawyer (ME!!!) about "why is the criminal justice system so tough".

I never had any problem NOT being my children's best friend. But it is, unfortunately, a common trait in parents. I presumed a certain amount of sketchy behavior in my teenaged kids (I'd be disappointed if there wasn't any), but I'm not going to help you accomplish it!

Last edited:
Maybe I'm psychotic, but I love telling my kids no (14,9, and 6) for things they just assume I'll be ok with. I've been to plenty of parties in high school that were certainly to big for the location (city living). There was only one house that the parents were home and just ignored what we were doing. Every other party the parents were out for the night or on a trip. It's insane to me that parents would be ok with a bunch of crazy teenagers hanging out at their place and then also be cool with alcohol consumption. I'd be shutting that down asap.

Maybe I'm psychotic, but I love telling my kids no (14,9, and 6) for things they just assume I'll be ok with. I've been to plenty of parties in high school that were certainly to big for the location (city living). There was only one house that the parents were home and just ignored what we were doing. Every other party the parents were out for the night or on a trip. It's insane to me that parents would be ok with a bunch of crazy teenagers hanging out at their place and then also be cool with alcohol consumption. I'd be shutting that down asap.
Commander Buzzkill in the house.....geez.....

Good.

all it takes is a few texts, and parents are gone, next thing you no, 100 kids are at the house... seems to happen a lot at a few farms in Mercer county.....

Did Stiffler's Mom show up?
I saw a breakdown on this scene by a film prof, basically said it had all the key elements of a great comedy scene. Said the acting was classic as the timing between the two actors was impeccable which is the key to good comedy scene. By the way Jennifer Coolidge is a talent and is up for an Emmy this year.

Too many want to be the cool parent and their kid's best friend rather than being the good parent and responsible adult that's in their kid's best long term interest.

I think some parents allow the drinking at their house so that they can contain it somewhat and would rather have them at the house , than hiding it and probably just driving around drink in the car.

I think some parents allow the drinking at their house so that they can contain it somewhat and would rather have them at the house , than hiding it and probably just driving around drink in the car.
I always thought this was a $chitty excuse. Especially if other kids are involved.

I let my own kids drink in my house in their mid teens. You have to set a good example for responsible drinking at a young age or they’ll get nothing but bad examples later from their peers. Both got a sip of Bacardi 151 at least once to show them how that nasty crap will burn a hole in their throat, stomach, and soul. I would buy a six pack of beer and let them have a taste and taught them that it’s ok to call it bitter and rancid monkey urine fit only for brain dead buckeye fans. I showed them that civilized people slowly sipped and not chugged bourbon and whiskey and that only a complete philistine would pollute their tumblers with ice or fruity sugar water. I taught them that shot glasses were made to be decor and never actually used. I let them know that Jesus didn’t just drink wine but he also made it. I told them to ignore the pretentious foodies with their bs pairings philosophy and that a good Napa Cabernet goes with everything. But the hooch was strictly off limits when their high school friends were over. Because I’m a cheapskate and someone who knows me might see a shopping cart full of booze and assume that I’m a lush.