Ohio Heritage Conference 2023

Any football geniuses know what it would take for Burg to get a home playoff game? Facing off against a not so good Triad team won’t boost them up by many points but it would be interesting to see what Cinderella story would need to happen in order to get into that 6-8 seed range, Joel Eitel updated last night and now has Burg as a 6-11 seed range with a win
I’m not a football geniuses but if you win more games that would help

I believe we are pretty much (with a win), a lock at 5.

EDIT: It looks like Pasteur has us as a lock at 5 even with a loss. Which is odd. 6 and lower must be way behind in points.

He has Paint Valley losing and Country Day winning currently, which puts us at 4. If they both lose, it looks like we could jump to 3 if we beat Fairbanks. Which is not ideal for trying to avoid Versailles until the Regional Finals.
The Mack attack 🤷‍♂️

I'm kind of surprised at some of the picks/scores for one particular game. Having casually paid attention to both teams, I think there's a very good chance Central doesn't just win, but wins going away this week to close out their season. Assuming all of their main players (namely the big RB) are healthy-ish.

They look like two teams going in opposite directions. Central has competed into the second half the last couple weeks before getting finished off late. Plains has been getting absolutely housed by everyone the last 3-4 weeks. Last week Southeastern was beating them 55-0 at halftime.

The rain going to end by kickoff? The great equalizer is taunting us again...

Good luck all tonight, especially WLS and Northeastern (don't get your little West Jeff panties in a bunch, we want a share of that league title). Hope everyone stays healthy heading into Week 11!

Last edited:
And we don't like to share LOL
FB_IMG_1631281939745.jpg

Just to mention a south division game that is coming up tonight. Do you think a region 5 team should be more than a little embarrassed if they get beat by a small division 7 team?

Calpreps and Fantastic50 projections for tonight. Both have the away teams running the table. Calpreps says the best game is Catholic Central at Madison Plains. Drew Pasteur says its West Jefferson at Northeastern.

Cedarville at Greeneview:
CP: Greeneview 27-21
DP: Greeneview by 13

Catholic Central at Madison Plains:
CP: Catholic Central 24-23
DP: Catholic Central by 12

Mechanicsburg at Triad:
CP: Mechanicsburg 38-6
DP: Mechanicsburg by 31

Southeastern at Greenon
CP: Southeastern 35-14
DP: Southeastern by 24

West Jefferson at Northeastern
CP: West Jefferson 38-21
DP: West Jefferson by 11

West Liberty-Salem at Fairbanks
CP: West Liberty-Salem 41-7
DP: West Liberty-Salem by 31

I personally agree with most of these scores/spreads. I don't think WLS wins by 30+ and I think the Southeastern/Greenon game will be surprisingly closer than 20+.

Just to mention a south division game that is coming up tonight. Do you think a region 5 team should be more than a little embarrassed if they get beat by a small division 7 team?
No. Cedarville is solid and that's small school football. Just like I don't think Coldwater (D5) will be embarrassed if they lose to Marion Local (D7) tonight.

No. Cedarville is solid and that's small school football. Just like I don't think Coldwater (D5) will be embarrassed if they lose to Marion Local (D7) tonight.
not to mention that it’s a rivalry game and Cedarville hasn’t beaten Greeneview in a long time. all bets are off when it’s a rivalry game and anything can happen.

I will be honest I would not use the MAC or any game in that conference as a comparison to the Ohio Heritage or any game played by it members.

I will be honest I would not use the MAC or any game in that conference as a comparison to the Ohio Heritage or any game played by it members.
that’s nuts. i can guarantee you any combination of West Jeff/West Liberty Salem/Mechanicsburg playing each-other always is better than some lower tier MAC games

While yes, the MAC is a different caliber and has owned the OHC; I think the comparison I gave is a perfect example. It was regarding size differential between 2 schools, and how it should have 0 impact on whether or not you feel embarrassed after. Losing to a better team is simply losing to a better team, regardless of how many students are enrolled at the school.

Not to beat a dead horse that I get on a soapbox about....but the Jets have to stop West Jefferson through the air. Same for Cedarville. Good night for football in Ohio!

Jets need to get a lead and stop the pass. If we get behind and try to play catch-up with West Jefferson it's over.

Without question…NE benefits the most of all matchups if this weather continues into the night. Just my opinion.
Relax, WJ folks….if you are being honest you know you don’t want the rain.

Can we all agree now that both teams are playing on the same field, same refs and same conditions??? It’s not only going to be raining/wet on half the field.

Without question…NE benefits the most of all matchups if this weather continues into the night. Just my opinion.
Relax, WJ folks….if you are being honest you know you don’t want the rain.

Can we all agree now that both teams are playing on the same field, same refs and same conditions??? It’s not only going to be raining/wet on half the field.
I really don’t think anyone wants the rain if you ask me but I think west Jeff coaches have drilled these boys hard this week I think they will be just fine

Good Luck to all teams in the area tonight! Tonight will (crossing my fingers) will be a nice game to get the backups playing time, and get our starters some rest/keep them healthy for next week. Burg goes up big early and rides a running clock in the 2nd half to a 48-0 Win.

Burg seems to be getting a little healthier, starting RB who was banged up against Cedarville and hasn’t been 100% seems like he is fully back, starting TE/OLB who was injured in the CC game started doing some non tackling drills and conditioning

Burg seems to be getting a little healthier, starting RB who was banged up against Cedarville and hasn’t been 100% seems like he is fully back, starting TE/OLB who was injured in the CC game started doing some non tackling drills and conditioning
Anyone got a link to watch NE vs WJ? Do they have a live feed?