Ohio Heritage Conference 2023

I do want to congratulate West Jeff on the co-championship. I don’t think too many people had WLS or WJ taking the North title after last year. 9-1 and sharing is disappointing, but I think everyone will agree it’s a deserved share between these two teams. The RR’s appear to be on a course to own the North for the next few years.

Also congrats to Greeneview on the South title. The Rams could have easily packed it in after their 1-3 start. Cedarville and Southeastern are both good teams who could have dethroned Greeneview, but the Rams showed great character and strapped on their helmets and played stellar ball down the stretch.

Hoping for some deep playoff runs by the OHC. I actually dislike the playoffs all being on Fridays because I like to go support conference teams on WLS off nights.

All depends on FL and LCC tonight. I’m not very sure what Burg team to expect next week, I’m hoping I see the team that took WLS down to the final minutes and the team that beat Northeastern

Cedarville and Mechanicsburg should be rooting for Lima Catholic tonight hard

Southeastern should be rooting for Fort Loramie hard.

regardless, some poor south team is going to get stuck with Loramie in round 1.

If Burg does end up 11 seed, and knocks off whoever they play next week, I’m pretty sure Riverside lost their starting QB for the season

Congratulations to Jim Dimitroff and his Fighting Irish on their 28-0 win over Madison Plains. Their were a lot of people calling for them to forfeit the season. Jim overcame all the obstacles,injuries and short numbers to compete all year. He had his team fighting each week and in position to win a few times. Those kids and coaches got the job done twice this season which is twice more than a lot of people expected from the green and gold. I just hope their accomplishments are recognized.
Completely agree! For them to make it the whole season with 14 players and go 2-8 is a major accomplishment. I know that sounds weird but it truly is. This team no longer belongs in this conference but it’s good to see them finish a season with 2 wins when it could have gone very poorly and completely buried the program.

Spreads per Fantastic50.net:

Fort Loramie (-7) at Southeastern
Lehman (-2) at Cedarville
Burg
(-25) at St Bernard Elmwood
Valley at WLS (-35)
Grove City Christian at West Jeff (-41)
Greeneview (-1) at Northeastern

I’ve been out of action all fall. I went down in an accident at home in September and broke my leg pretty good,making it worse I already had an knee replacement on that side so the tibia and fibula got crushed around pretty good. Surgeon said my replacement looked beautiful but above that it w as a mess. Now I have a whole lot of chrome and nuts and bolts down there and I’m home getting ready for physical therapy. Hopefully you’ll see me at bball this winter. Bottom line I don’t have any feel for how good these teams really are going to play. Should Burg really be that big a favorite?Traditionally small Cincy small are weak but 25 point?WLS is more understandable,they could win maybe 2-3 games. But Burg from what I read on here has been kind of up and down. Will The Indians win that big?

I’ve been out of action all fall. I went down in an accident at home in September and broke my leg pretty good,making it worse I already had an knee replacement on that side so the tibia and fibula got crushed around pretty good. Surgeon said my replacement looked beautiful but above that it w as a mess. Now I have a whole lot of chrome and nuts and bolts down there and I’m home getting ready for physical therapy. Hopefully you’ll see me at bball this winter. Bottom line I don’t have any feel for how good these teams really are going to play. Should Burg really be that big a favorite?Traditionally small Cincy small are weak but 25 point?WLS is more understandable,they could win maybe 2-3 games. But Burg from what I read on here has been kind of up and down. Will The Indians win that big?
Hope everything is good and physical therapy goes well! Do not let the record of the team Burg plays fool you, they played only one team with a winning record, Cincinnati Country Day who beat them 56-0, and their other loss was to a 3-7 team. In their 8 wins, the teams finished a combined 29-58. Burg might be having a down year, but they still have one of the best HC in the area, and the young players who have started to play more are starting to finally put it all together

My picks for round 1. OHC should do very well 1st round. Stay healthy and injury free.

Fort Loramie at Southeastern SE needs to play an error free game. They win 28-21
Lehman at Cedarville CV wins 35-21
Burg at St Bernard Elmwood. Burg controls the clock. Time of possession: 38 min. 28-0
Valley at WLS. WLS names the score. McGills rushes for 200+
Grove City Christian at West Jeff. Coming off a tough loss, WJ 42-0
Greeneview at Northeastern. NE's injured dudes are back. NE wins 28-7

i think friday i may head over to South Charleston for the game vs Fort Loramie.. intriguing matchup.

if it doesn’t end up being as good of a game as i think, i’ll make the drive up to South Vienna to watch the second half of GV-NE

My picks for round 1. OHC should do very well 1st round. Stay healthy and injury free.

Fort Loramie at Southeastern SE needs to play an error free game. They win 28-21
Lehman at Cedarville CV wins 35-21
Burg at St Bernard Elmwood. Burg controls the clock. Time of possession: 38 min. 28-0
Valley at WLS. WLS names the score. McGills rushes for 200+
Grove City Christian at West Jeff. Coming off a tough loss, WJ 42-0
Greeneview at Northeastern. NE's injured dudes are back. NE wins 28-7
It may be safe to say the OHC wins out this week. FL may be the stinker and upending SE.

Updated OHC North all time records and accomplishments

Burg 27-8 ( 4-1, 3-2, 3-2, 5-0, 5-0, 4-1, 3-2) 2 out right Titles - 5 2nds
WJ 26-9 ( 5-0, 4-1, 4-1, 4-1, 4-1, 1-4, 4-1) 1 out right title - 3 shared titles - 2 2nds - 1 4th
WLS 19-16 ( 3-2, 3-2, 4-1, 2-3, 1-4, 2-3, 4-1) 2 shared titles - 1 2nd - 2 3rds - 1 4th - 1 5th
FB 15-20 ( 2-3, 4-1, 3-2, 3-2, 2-3, 1-4, 0-5) 1 shared title - 1 2nd - 1 3rd - 4 4ths
NE 12-23 ( 1-4, 0-5, 0-5, 0-5, 3-2, 5-0, 3-2) 1 outright title - 1 2nd - 1 3rd - 2 4ths - 1 5th - 1 6th
Triad 6-29 ( 0-5, 1-4, 1-4, 1-4, 0-5, 2-3, 1-4) 4 3rds - 1 5th - 2 6ths

Due to ties the following years had the following rankings in case you're as confused as I was!
2017- 1st -6th
2018 - 1,1,2,2,3,4
2019 - 1,1,2,2,3,4
2020- 1st - 6th
2021- 1st - 6th
2022- 1,2,3,3,4,4
2023 - 1,1,2,2,3,4

Good Luck to all in Week 11!

Last edited:
i think friday i may head over to South Charleston for the game vs Fort Loramie.. intriguing matchup.

if it doesn’t end up being as good of a game as i think, i’ll make the drive up to South Vienna to watch the second half of GV-NE
Would you have to pay to get into two games? I tried that a few weeks ago, was watching a blowout and drove to a different game down the street that was in the 4th quarter, I couldn't get in without a ticket and wasn't going to pay for a second ticket.

Would you have to pay to get into two games? I tried that a few weeks ago, was watching a blowout and drove to a different game down the street that was in the 4th quarter, I couldn't get in without a ticket and wasn't going to pay for a second ticket.
I thought most high school games quit charging at some point in the second half. Not sure about playoffs.

Just tell them you were smoking and lost your ticket stub....

Fort Loramie at Southeastern - I like SE chances here, especially at home (a neat stadium bye the way), Trojans had a solid year and beat some good teams with 2 of their losses coming back to back against WLS & WJ. Should help prep them to be ready for playoff action.

Lehman at Cedarville - Similar to above, the Indians had a solid year and were competitive in their 3 losses. Playing at home will be nice playoff benefit.

Burg at St Bernard Elmwood - Burg's schedule will be the difference here, they play the better schedule and Coach F has them playing as well as they can given their youth and lost kids. They are battle tested and can't bet against them even on the road.

Valley at WLS - tough draw for Valley, they too have had a brutal schedule, but won't be enough to prepare them for WLS. WLS will ride McGill until it gets ugly, which may not take long for the Tigers to put up 30 or 40.

Grove City Christian at West Jeff - West Jeff had 2 difficult games to end the regular season, both they should have won and in better fashion. I am sure they will be better prepared to play a weather game when needed. It's late October/November so it IS going to happen. WJ at home and a bit of humble pie the last two weeks should have them plenty hungry and nasty from the beginning.

Greeneview at Northeastern - Great matchup here, both 7-3, 2 good QB's, both played WJ hard.................based on these games I like Greeneview with their grit and getting up off the deck starting 1-3, ultimately winning the South OHC again.

Good luck to all and welcome to playoff football!!!!