Oak Hills votes for masking to be optional

Ohio Department of Health Vaccine Breakthrough Dashboard: https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/po...oards/covid-19-vaccine/breakthrough-dashboard

Covid-19 Hospitalizations since 1/1/2021 among Individuals not reported as fully vaccinated: 19,028 (98.1%)
Covid-19 Hospitalizations since 1/1/2021 among fully vaccinated individuals: 362 (1.8%)

Covid-19 Deaths since 1/1/2021 among Individuals not reported as fully vaccinated: 6,910 (99.0%)
Covid-19 Deaths since 1/1/2021 among fully vaccinated individuals: 67 (0.96%)
Ooops… the facts get in the way again! ?

Genuinely curious about the lies to get vaccinated.
To me, this whole conversation still boils down to the following two questions:
Can you still get Covid while wearing a mask? Yes
Can you still get Covid after being vaccinated? Yes

If you want to get the vaccine fine, that's your decision. If someone else doesn't want to get the vaccine, that's also fine and it's also none of your damn business either way.

Ohio Department of Health Vaccine Breakthrough Dashboard: https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/po...oards/covid-19-vaccine/breakthrough-dashboard

Covid-19 Hospitalizations since 1/1/2021 among Individuals not reported as fully vaccinated: 19,028 (98.1%)
Covid-19 Hospitalizations since 1/1/2021 among fully vaccinated individuals: 362 (1.8%)

Covid-19 Deaths since 1/1/2021 among Individuals not reported as fully vaccinated: 6,910 (99.0%)
Covid-19 Deaths since 1/1/2021 among fully vaccinated individuals: 67 (0.96%)
I think this pretty much puts this argument to bed.

Israel, one of the earliest and most vaccinated nations:

1629391998385.png

https://www.visiontimes.com/2021/08/08/israel-hospital-vaccinated.html

I think this pretty much puts this argument to bed.

You are only considered vaccinated 2 weeks after last shot. So, that makes the "data" the state reports highly suspect. And, if you are vaxxed, they only test you for covid if your case is severe.

It’s not going away - vaccine or not. Vaccines seems to give you an extra layer of protection.

I will admit that this virus is a monster. It’s going to continue to pick off the unhealthy and immunocompromised, vaccines or not.

Eat better, get exercise, maintain a healthy weight. It’s going to be a long journey. Your own personal decisions are much more important than stats or what the TV talking heads are saying.

It’s not going away - vaccine or not. Vaccines seems to give you an extra layer of protection.

I will admit that this virus is a monster. It’s going to continue to pick off the unhealthy and immunocompromised, vaccines or not.

Eat better, get exercise, maintain a healthy weight. It’s going to be a long journey.

Bolded above, absolutely. It's only a "monster" for certain demographics. For children, it's significantly less than the annual flu.

How does everyone getting vaccinated end the pandemic when the vaccinated are the ones getting sick causing the current spike?

I don't watch very much TV, so hard to take it as gospel, but what I do hear is "get vaccinated to end the pandemic" just like you stated. I must be a knuckle dragger because I don't understand how getting vaccinated is the answer when it's vaccinated people causing record spikes. I sure feel like I'm using my brain, but perhaps you can break it down nice and slow for me to understand.
Wait a second, thought the unvaccinated were to blame for the Spike? These are the lies I’m talking about. We been told repeatedly recently that it’s the unvaccinated causing the problem, your saying it’s the vaccinated. So which is it? Exactly the crap I’m talking about.

Can anyone make sense of the Forest Hills K-6 Mask Policy? Supposedly the kids have to wear Mask in class but not in hallways, restrooms or lunchroom. Lawsuit has been filed

The lawsuit was filed because the school board allegedly violated Ohio's open meetings law--which they probably did. The penalties for violating open meeting laws should start coming out of the pockets of the elected people breaking the law instead of the school board/city/township budgets.
Would this have applied to the gang of five on Cincinnati City Council?

The lawsuit was filed because the school board allegedly violated Ohio's open meetings law--which they probably did. The penalties for violating open meeting laws should start coming out of the pockets of the elected people breaking the law instead of the school board/city/township budgets.
Oh ok, Thanks. More elected people violating the law??‍♂️. Seems this will just keep happening until the money does come out of their own pockets.

To me, this whole conversation still boils down to the following two questions:
Can you still get Covid while wearing a mask? Yes
Can you still get Covid after being vaccinated? Yes

If you want to get the vaccine fine, that's your decision. If someone else doesn't want to get the vaccine, that's also fine and it's also none of your damn business either way.
BINGO!
So simply said and yet so true.
Can we all just get along...

Ugh when does this end.

I don't know when the contact tracing ends? I guess Dewine has the power to end this, or is it up to the Ohio Board of Health? Did schools do contact tracing when students got the flu before COVID-19 came along?

2 things a team can do to avoid this given these rules.
1. Get vaccinated. Vaccinated students do not have to get quarantined due to contact tracing.
2. Wear a mask in class, although this requires the student that tested positive was also wearing a mask.

The other thing is players on the team really should not get tested unless they want to knock out an entire position group.

I don't know when the contact tracing ends? I guess Dewine has the power to end this, or is it up to the Ohio Board of Health? Did schools do contact tracing when students got the flu before COVID-19 came along?

2 things a team can do to avoid this given these rules.
1. Get vaccinated. Vaccinated students do not have to get quarantined due to contact tracing.
2. Wear a mask in class, although this requires the student that tested positive was also wearing a mask.

The other thing is players on the team really should not get tested unless they want to knock out an entire position group.

Until they start factoring in naturally-acquired immunity, it's clear this isn't about "safety."

My stance on this is changing due to the recent football games being canceled and so many healthy students having to quarantine at home instead of being in school. I would be okay with masks as long as it is during the classroom time only. It's not that difficult to wear a mask for 30 minutes in the air conditioning. You then take it off for a breather as you walk to your next class. Until they change the contact tracing rules, I am fine with a mask mandate for in classroom only, no other time.

Thank god you are ok with it, if there is a mask mandate it should be for people who are not vaccinated. It is a choice. Either choose to wear a mask or get vaccinated.

Masks do not work in the manner these schools are intending. It says so on the packaging.

These children are NOT AT RISK from Covid!!! Actually, they are better off getting it and allowing the body to fight it off. Most won't even know they have it.

18 months in and we continue to create our own problems with lockdowns, quarantines, masks, tracing, etc.

Last edited: