Oak Hills votes for masking to be optional

PURPLE REIGN

The Oak Hills board voted 5-0 in favor of allowing each student/teacher/employee the option of wearing or not wearing a mask. If you want to wear a mask for symbolic reasons, you are allowed. If you don't believe in masks and want freedom, you are allowed.

Props to Oak Hills for having the "balls" and not just taking the "cover-your-own-butt" way out.

IMO decisions like this will provide opportunities for Three Rivers, Harrison, Elder, Seton, and area west-side schools to also go this route. Hopefully the archdiocese also leaves it up the schools and/or each person to make his/her own decision. Only time will tell.

Bravo Oak Hills!!!

The Oak Hills board voted 5-0 in favor of allowing each student/teacher/employee the option of wearing or not wearing a mask. If you want to wear a mask for symbolic reasons, you are allowed. If you don't believe in masks and want freedom, you are allowed.

Props to Oak Hills for having the "balls" and not just taking the "cover-your-own-butt" way out.

IMO decisions like this will provide opportunities for Three Rivers, Harrison, Elder, Seton, and area west-side schools to also go this route. Hopefully the archdiocese also leaves it up the schools and/or each person to make his/her own decision. Only time will tell.

Bravo Oak Hills!!!
This is the way it should be, Personal/Family decision. I thought the Statement from the District afterwards was extremely thoughtful and accurate. Kudos to the OH Board!

How dare someone make an entire thread about Oak Hills in the Elder Forum. What is wrong with people?? Then you have the nerve to say good things about the public school district.

What is this world coming to???

I know you are joking, but it is relevant with so many westside Catholic schools in the Oak Hills school district. It is much easier decision for private schools to get rid of the masks with Oak Hills leading the way on this.

Outside of snow days, I don’t think any of the catholic schools use oak hills to help make decisions.

I’m fully vaccinated and believe if you’re over 70, you should take it. However, I also believe adults should be able to make their own decisions and that includes if their kids should mask up or not.

How dare someone make an entire thread about Oak Hills in the Elder Forum. What is wrong with people?? Then you have the nerve to say good things about the public school district.

This is awesome! We all know what your getting at here?

Except it’s not saying Oak Hills is superior. It’s being used as a benchmark for policy Catholic schools should implement

Outside of snow days, I don’t think any of the catholic schools use oak hills to help make decisions.
and who said they should? and the only reason they do the snow day thing is b/c the catholics use the busses provided by OH.

jtk
()

Anyone else find it sad/ironic that with all the discussion around mental health after Simone Biles, there’s these idiots who want to put the kids through another year of this crap?

It would be a hard sell to parents to require masks if the public school district your private school is in is not requiring masks, especially Oak Hills which is one of the largest in the state. I would be surprised to see any private school on the westside requiring masks. Giving parents the option to do what is best for their own kid is the best decision.

Right but I am confident that Elder makes that decision regardless of what a public school decides to do.

Anyone else find it sad/ironic that with all the discussion around mental health after Simone Biles, there’s these idiots who want to put the kids through another year of this crap?
The last 18 months have been filled with hypocrisy and double talk from elected officials/media.

*Everyone ignores the ramifications of mental well-being (suicide)
*Children are NOT at-risk
*Those at risk are the obese, the very old, and those with compromised immune systems
*Masks DO NOT WORK
*Those who already had COVID have the most immunity but are still required to vaccinate
*No one in leadership will tell everyone they are fat and must lose weight (just want a magic pill or shot)
*Public school kids who need school the most are suffering the most
*Mandating a non-approved vaccine is bullsh!t but it's downright criminal for the young
*We do not know the long-term implications of COVID and the vaccination may be worse
*If your vaccine works, don't worry if anyone else is vaccinated. If it doesn't work, then why take it.
*Risk of COVID to the average person is like .0001 and the risk from the vaccine is .00001
*If vaccine does work, then why has the FDA not fully approved it?
*Why is no one held accountable if something goes wrong weeks, months, or years from now?
*Why is no one talking about Big Pharma and the record profits? They are already suggesting a 3rd booster shot!!!
*Why did the flu vanish?
*We really going to go through this every fall/winter?
*Letting 1 million people across the southern border during the middle pandemic is mind-boggling
*The media in this country is an absolute joke and have lost ALL credibility

Last edited:
The last 18 months have been filled with nothing but hypocrisy and double talk from elected officials/media.

*Everyone ignores the ramifications of mental well-being (and suicide)
*Children are NOT at-risk from COVID
*Those at risk are the obese, the very old, and those with compromised immune systems
*Masks DO NOT WORK and have been proven not to have any impact on the COVID across the world
*Those who have already had COVID have the most immunity but are still required to vaccinate
*No one in authority will tell everyone that they are fat and must lose weight (everyone just wants a magic pill or shot)
*Those public school kids who need to be in school the most are suffering the most
*Mandating a non-approved vaccine is bullsh!t but it's downright criminal for the young not at-risk
*We do not know the long-term implications of COVID and the vaccination may end up being worse
*If your vaccine works, don't worry if anyone else is vaccinated. If it doesn't work, then why take it.
*Risk of COVID to the average person is like .0001 and the risk from the vaccine is .00001
*If vaccine does work, then why has the FDA not approved it?
*Why is no one held accountable if something goes wrong weeks, months, or years from now?
*Why is no one talking about Big Pharma and the record profits? They are already suggesting a 3rd booster shot!!!
*Why did the flu vanish?
*We really going to go through this every fall/winter are require a vaccine annually?
*Letting 1 million people across the southern border and into the country during the middle pandemic is mind-boggling
*The media in this country is an absolute joke and have lost ALL credibility
My main motivation to get vaxed was to avoid passing it on to someone who was at risk. Now, I hear some reports if you get the delta variant while vaxed, it might even spread more quickly.
And now, there’s a new “Lambda” variant which supposedly spreads faster than Delta.

I can appreciate the difficult situation our civic leaders are in as this is unprecedented territory. However, the constant misinformation mixed with fear mongering needs to stop.

Until the people of this country finally realize ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, it will not stop!

Also, far too many public officials love the attention and so many caring what they have to say.

The masks are 100% for show. Put them on for the photo, and then remove when the camera is off. WE ALL KNOW MASKS DO NOT STOP THE SPREAD, BUT ACCEPT IT AS AN OPTION

Last edited:
Until the people of this country finally realize ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, it will not stop!

Also, far too many public officials love the attention and so many caring what they have to say.

The masks are 100% for show. Put them on for the photo, and then remove when the camera is off. WE ALL KNOW MASKS DO NOT STOP THE SPREAD, BUT ACCEPT IT AS AN OPTION
I wasn’t as “anti mask” last yr as a lot of Right leaning voters were. I did question their efficacy, since everywhere I went everyone was masked up but cases kept rising. However, I thought of it as a minor inconvenience. Now, a year later, I call bs. There’s a vaccine available and if you’re in the high risk population and haven’t taken it, that’s on you, not me. Again, I don’t want anyone to get the virus, but as adults, you’re responsible for your own lives, not me, and not the govt.

My main motivation to get vaxed was to avoid passing it on to someone who was at risk. Now, I hear some reports if you get the delta variant while vaxed, it might even spread more quickly.
And now, there’s a new “Lambda” variant which supposedly spreads faster than Delta.

I can appreciate the difficult situation our civic leaders are in as this is unprecedented territory. However, the constant misinformation mixed with fear mongering needs to stop.
The chances of the fear mongering stopping under this regime is slim to none! You most likely be allowed at The Pit before the fear mongering and mask bs stops??. What level of input does the AoC have on their schools and Mask?

Cincinnati Public Schools will keep in place their mask policy from last school year. It states "everyone in K through 12 schools wear a mask indoors, including teachers, staff, students and visitors, regardless of vaccination status." The decision by the school board was unanimous.

*Why did the flu vanish?
*We really going to go through this every fall/winter?
It's not very hard to see the correlation that the flu essentially vanished because more people did what they always should have done: washed their hands, avoided crowds in winter, worked from home, etc. People wearing masks probably helped with that, too.

Going forward, it probably wouldn't be the worst idea to wear a mask when traveling via airplane or public transportation during "flu season" not because politicians or experts tell you to do it, but because what person wants to get sick?

It's not very hard to see the correlation that the flu essentially vanished because more people did what they always should have done: washed their hands, avoided crowds in winter, worked from home, etc. People wearing masks probably helped with that, too.

Going forward, it probably wouldn't be the worst idea to wear a mask when traveling via airplane or public transportation during "flu season" not because politicians or experts tell you to do it, but because what person wants to get sick?
No, but the issue is you’re going to have half the people in Kroger giving dirty looks at the other half for not wearing a mask.

I see that Mask will be required at St. William this school year. Any other Westside Catholic Schools Parents been told Mask required or recommended? How much of a role if any does the AoC play in these decisions? Will Catholic High Schools be treated differently because those Students are old enough to get vaccine if their parents say?

Big difference between recommended masks and required masks. I think we all recommend anyone who feels more comfortable, to wear one. No judgement here.

Regarding the vax, until the long-term ramifications of putting this in our children is known, why would any youngster get the vax? They are NOT AT-RISK FROM COVID. Hypothetically, what if it impacts getting pregnant? Who is accountable to future complications?

Last edited: