NWOAL 23-24 League Title Predictions

Who snags the NWOAL Boys Basketball 23-24 Title?

• Archbold

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Bryan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Delta

• Evergreen

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Liberty Center

• Patrick Henry

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Swanton

• Wauseon

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RW&B

It's time to "weigh in" with your predictions on who's most likely to end up on top in the Northwest Ohio Athletic League race for the 2023-24 season, if you forsee two or more sharing the title, you can select multiple teams on this survey.

Last edited:

Just posted in the other thread, but......

Patrick Henry
Archbold
Wauseon
LC
Evergreen
Swanton
Delta
Bryan

Good first game between Archbold and Wauseon. Archbold won it 58-53.

Tier One
Archbold, Evergreen, PH - All three teams return almost everything
Tier Two
LC, Bryan Wauseon
Tier Three
Delta, Swanton

I hate to pick against Wauseon or Archbold. Wauseon shocked me last year as they won it all, but they have only 1 returning letter winner this season. I just don't see how they can repeat and really think they will be a middle of the pack team at best.

I think it comes down to PH and Archbold. I will give a slight edge to PH.

Lack of height and bench depth will be the biggest challenges for Patrick Henry. I'm also not sure at what point Nash Meyer will be able to join the team, based on his football related knee surgery.

Tier One
Archbold, Evergreen, PH - All three teams return almost everything
Tier Two
LC, Bryan Wauseon
Tier Three
Delta, Swanton

I hate to pick against Wauseon or Archbold. Wauseon shocked me last year as they won it all, but they have only 1 returning letter winner this season. I just don't see how they can repeat and really think they will be a middle of the pack team at best.

I think it comes down to PH and Archbold. I will give a slight edge to PH.
I agree with everything you said but I can't put Bryan in Tier Two with Wauseon and LC. Too many losses the last couple years to think they will win many games.

I see this as another competitive season among the top 3 or 4 spots.

Last edited:
Time to reevaluate?
Archbold and Evergreen seem to be the early favorites. LC seems to be playing really well.

PH has had some unfortunate injuries early and are off to a rough start. Wauseon has played a tough schedule which is normal for them. Their schedule every year seems to be brutal but serves them well in the league and the tournament.

I know it probably won't happen, but Archbold has a real chance to go 22-0 or 21-1. I'm disappointed that they seem to have eased up on their schedule the last few years and this years schedule is really easy.

Archbold 8-0
Evergreen 6-2
Delta 5-2
Bryan 4-4
Liberty Center 3-2
Wauseon 3-4
Swanton 2-6
Patrick Henry 1-4

A couple teams playing tomorrow night but league play opens up Thursday:
Bryan @ Archbold
Evergreen @ Delta
Liberty Center @ Wauseon
Patrick Henry @ Swanton

Time to reevaluate?
Archbold and Evergreen seem to be the early favorites. LC seems to be playing really well.

PH has had some unfortunate injuries early and are off to a rough start. Wauseon has played a tough schedule which is normal for them. Their schedule every year seems to be brutal but serves them well in the league and the tournament.

I know it probably won't happen, but Archbold has a real chance to go 22-0 or 21-1. I'm disappointed that they seem to have eased up on their schedule the last few years and this years schedule is really easy.
Wondered the same thing. What's the goal? A good regular season record or a deep tourney run. Knowing that if you somehow get out of the District you're likely going to run into OG or Wayne Trace in the Regional semi finals, I'm not sure how you don't try to prepare better with a tougher schedule. Fortunately for the streaks Wayne Trace is in the Lima Senior District with OG this year. Emmanuel Christian is probably the only team in the Napoleon District that should give Archbold any type of a test.....but I think if they get to the Regional it's gonna get real ugly real quick lol

Archbold's schedule hasn't changed too much outside of dropping OG. Eastwood and Ayersville are down a little. Their toughest non-league is 6-4 Pettisville(who lost to Delta) 4-6 Defiance and 9-1 Napoleon.
Wauseon has their typical tough schedule seeking out some bigger schools to play.
Liberty Center's non-league is ridiculous:
9-1 Wayne Trace
9-1 Napoleon
9-1 OG
9-1 Emmanuel Christian
Then throw in Perrysburg, Paulding, Pettisville and Scott.

Swanton 42 Patrick Henry 39
Archbold 50 Bryan 38
Evergreen 50 Delta 44
Wauseon 51 Liberty Center 35

Three of the four last night were expected. Anyone have any insight into how Swanton was able to beat PH?

2nd round of League games coming Friday:

11-0 Archbold @ 5-4 Liberty Center
6-4 Wauseon @ 5-7 Swanton
9-2 Evergreen @ 4-5 Patrick Henry
4-5 Bryan @ 6-4 Delta

Tuesday 1/23 Results
Swanton 51 Fayette 43
Delta 48 Elmwood 36
Perrysburg 66 LC 49
Southview 64 Wauseon 52
Archbold 54 Defiance 43

Calling it now. Streaks run the league table and get at least a share of the title.
Definitely possible, I think they handle Delta this week. Evergreen is playing really well right now. Swanton has shown they can pull off the upset but are too inconsistent. Finishing with Wauseon and then @ PH. PH has a chance to get healthier also so we'll see how they are playing at the end of the year.

Friday games:
9-4 Delta @ 13-1 Archbold
6-8 Swanton @ 6-5 LC
5-6 Patrick Henry @ 5-6 Bryan
11-2 Evergreen @ 7-5 Wauseon

Saturday Scores:
Wauseon 58 Rossford 47
Antwerp 61 Patrick Henry 41
LC 51 Pettisville 49
Fairview 60 Bryan 59 OT

Updated Standings:
Wauseon 3-0 9-5