Northwest Ohio Realignment

Steve Harvey Wow GIF by NBC

LB has no business being in the NWC. The WBL would be a good landing spot but the likelihood of them expanding past 10 is less than 1%. So the only real landing spot for LB has to be either the NBC or the NLL. If I'm LB, I'm applying to join the NBC
I don't think the NBC wanted LB when they added Maumee and Oak Harbor.

Last edited:
I don't the NBC wanted LB when they added Maumee and Oak Harbor.
This is why I think LB ends up in the NLL. The NLL will go to two separate divisions and schools will only cross over and play each other if it is by choice in non league games. That way LB and Findlay can continue to not play each other in any team sport. The only hold up will be if NLL requires LB to add a few sports they don't have like tennis and swimming but I doubt they would as at this point just want a 12th team and any team will do.

This is why I think LB ends up in the NLL. The NLL will go to two separate divisions and schools will only cross over and play each other if it is by choice in non league games. That way LB and Findlay can continue to not play each other in any team sport. The only hold up will be if NLL requires LB to add a few sports they don't have like tennis and swimming but I doubt they would as at this point just want a 12th team and any team will do.
Findlay and Liberty Benton don't play in anything?

Findlay and Liberty Benton don't play in anything?
In sports with invites with many schools such as track they will but not in any team sports. Will not attended each other invites in those type of sports. Over 5 years ago Findlay and LB would take turns hosting each other in an early season Duel/Tri track meet but that has stopped. I believe they also used to play at JV level (Findlay freshman Vs LB JV) in a few team sports also. My understanding is Findlay AD was unhappy about LB taking so many athletics or the school board over losing so many students told him to stop scheduling or maybe both.

In sports with invites with many schools such as track they will but not in any team sports. Will not attended each other invites in those type of sports. Over 5 years ago Findlay and LB would take turns hosting each other in an early season Duel/Tri track meet but that has stopped. I believe they also used to play at JV level (Findlay freshman Vs LB JV) in a few team sports also. My understanding is Findlay AD was unhappy about LB taking so many athletics or the school board over losing so many students told him to stop scheduling or maybe both.
Surprised they wouldn't play in baseball or something

Annoying little neighbor kid.
If the annoying little neighbor can steal your girl (or in this case students), perhaps some self reflection is needed.
Findlay should be able to offer academic courses in a way that no county school can compete with, as well as athletics opportunities at the highest level. If there really is a significant number of students athletes opting to leave your school and attend poodunk county schools, heads should be rolling at Findlay High

If the annoying little neighbor can steal your girl (or in this case students), perhaps some self reflection is needed.
Findlay should be able to offer academic courses in a way that no county school can compete with, as well as athletics opportunities at the highest level. If there really is a significant number of students athletes opting to leave your school and attend poodunk county schools, heads should be rolling at Findlay High
Interesting, but naive. I say that with as much love as possible. I could explain, but do not think it would matter.

I am always looking for an opportunity to learn, bestow your thoughts upon the Yappi community. Why are so many student athletes leaving Findlay and the D1 schedule it provides to play for a smaller school?

I am always looking for an opportunity to learn, bestow your thoughts upon the Yappi community. Why are so many student athletes leaving Findlay and the D1 schedule it provides to play for a smaller school?
You asked for it. I am only addressing football. Anyway, Let's assume that a young man is dating a nice, cute young lady. He is not the stud, but just happens to be a good athlete. Maybe, maybe not D 1, but solid. Anyway, he has dated his current girl for awhile and things are good. One day this new girl shows up with her designer clothes, a nice car, and maybe seems a little cuter to the young man. Her family meets the young man and facilitates [used this word on purpose] their potential relationship. Nothing wrong with the old girl, but as the saying goes: "The grass is greener on the other side of the fence." Not that anyone did anything illegal or wrong, but I am sure the old girlfriend has hard feelings and DOES NOT LIKE the new girlfriend. Others around these people look at what happened and think, wow this could become a recurring issue. In a nutshell, this is what has been happening. To deny the perspective of the scorned old girlfriend and her surrounding people is short sighted and naive but expected.

I am sure this happens, I have no idea the frequency?
The only question then is what level fault do you put at the feet of Findlay? If a county school a quarter of your size is out facilitating you, up your game. Plus you should be selling any student thinking about making a jump that getting a letter at Findlay is better then being a starter at LB. Game day experience at the larger school should be better, Plus academically, Findlay offers more classes, so mom and dad should be happy.
Much like what we see in college football with the transfer portal, you have to always be selling you school.

I am sure this happens, I have no idea the frequency?
The only question then is what level fault do you put at the feet of Findlay? If a county school a quarter of your size is out facilitating you, up your game. Plus you should be selling any student thinking about making a jump that getting a letter at Findlay is better then being a starter at LB. Game day experience at the larger school should be better, Plus academically, Findlay offers more classes, so mom and dad should be happy.
Much like what we see in college football with the transfer portal, you have to always be selling you school.
I don't disagree, but the friends who see this happening in my fictional story are the small BVC schools seeing the new housing developments in the works, the increasing enrollment, and the indoor facility and thinking, are they really a fit for a mostly small school division league. The answer is not anymore. So BGSUGrad, do you feel enlightened?

I do indeed. And also agree that schools should have the ability to remove members, in this particular case I fear it is short sited.