Northern Buckeye Conference Spread Pick'em 2023

Eastwood (+2.5) @ Genoa
I think there are going to be a lot of points scored in this one. I thought Genoa would be much improved from last year with the amount of players they returned, but they seem to be the same team from last year.
Rossford (+2.5) @ Fostoria
Both of these teams have dreams of basketballs dancing in their heads at this point in the year. I think Fostoria has better athletes and may be playing with a little more enthusiasm.
Lake (+38) @ Oak Harbor
It depends on if Oak Harbor is trying to keep the wheels greased for the playoffs or if they're going to pull their starters early and use the first week of the playoffs for that.
Maumee (-2) @ Otsego
If Maumee wins this one and gets into the playoffs, Karchner wins coach of the year in DIII!
Not chance. You don't get coach of the year for beating 6 teams with losing records 2 divisions lower than you... facts

Not chance. You don't get coach of the year for beating 6 teams with losing records 2 divisions lower than you... facts
Last year Thomas Worthington's Mike Picetti won coach of the year for DI after losing his final 3 games to finish 6-4 after being 2-8 the year before.
Mount Gilead's Mike Reid also went 6-4 in DVI and won coach of the year with only one win over a team with a winning record after being 2-8 the year before.

If Maumee wins, they will be 6-4 after being 1-48 since 2017. I agree that this has a lot to do with the schedule change, but still, the numbers are pretty wild none the less.

Last year Thomas Worthington's Mike Picetti won coach of the year for DI after losing his final 3 games to finish 6-4 after being 2-8 the year before.
Mount Gilead's Mike Reid also went 6-4 in DVI and won coach of the year with only one win over a team with a winning record after being 2-8 the year before.

If Maumee wins, they will be 6-4 after being 1-48 since 2017. I agree that this has a lot to do with the schedule change, but still, the numbers are pretty wild none the less.
I never liked Hayden Fox as a coach. I get it, I am a Michael Dybinski fan, you are not...

Standing after Week Ten:

underthelights: 32-20
NLLBEST: 30-22
Nwofball93: 30-22
Del Griffith: 28-24
Plobtz: 27-25
Hback: 23-29
NWOcoach: 21-19
dadbod419: 16-16
cchs1983: 6-10
BigTenFan2021: 4-4
single wing: 3-5
StorminNorman69: 2-2

Week 11 Final Line: w/NWOhioFan123 added

Pleasant (+16) @ Eastwood
Genoa (+1.5) @ Huron
Otsego (+31) @ Oak Harbor

Last edited:
what changed from Monday? You had Genoa favored, and Pleasant +10.
what changed from Monday? You had Genoa favored, and Pleasant +10.
What I think the spread is can be different from if I think they’ll meet that spread. Genoa won earlier in the year and they’re healthy. They should be favored. However, I’m picking them to lose. That’s how it works.

Standing after Week Eleven:

underthelights: 34-21
Nwofball93: 31-24
NLLBEST: 30-22
Del Griffith: 28-24
Plobtz: 27-28
Hback: 24-31
NWOcoach: 22-21
dadbod419: 16-16
cchs1983: 6-10
BigTenFan2021: 4-4
single wing: 3-5
StorminNorman69: 2-2

Week 12 Games:

Eastwood (+6) @ Edison
Highland (+12) @ Oak Harbor

Anyone have anything to say about my point spread this week? :)