Northern Buckeye Conference 2021

Who wins the Northern Buckeye Conference?

• Total voters
I cannot believe the Royals/Knights is game of the week. If I’m not mistaken they have not had a playoff team or winning record since 2005

That’s their last playoff appearance, yes. But not winning record.

The 07 and 08 Elmwood teams had winning records and were actually pretty good. But they had to play Hopewell, Genoa, and Eastwood who were loaded those years and took 3 losses causing them to miss playoffs.

Some interesting scores around the conference last night.

Otsego 30 Lake 12 - Knights down at halftime and come outscore Lake 20-0 in 2nd half to secure win.
Genoa 14 Rossford 9 - Seems like Rossford out played and outgained the Comets, but some costly turnovers were the difference
Eastwood 63 Woodmore 0 - Pretty much what everyone thought.
Elmwood 77 Fostoria 8 - Guessing the Royals went for their school record for points in a game...interesting way to do it, but nonetheless I don't think anybody is too shocked by this result.

Next week gets interesting.

Game of the week: Elmwood (4-0) at Otsego (4-0). A lot of computer points available here. Winner of this game will be in 1st play in region 18.

A sneaky good game: Eastwood (4-0) at Genoa (2-2). The Eagles haven't been tested, averaging 50 points on offense and giving up 8 on defense, but the Comets will be ready I am guessing.

The other two games are Lake/Woodmore and Rossford/Fostoria.
Was at the Elmwood Fostoria game…63-0 at half..in the second half Elmwood scored 14 with what seemed to be mostly freshman and it was a defensive touchdown and a kickoff return. I personally don’t think they were trying to set any records. Fostoria just seemed to let them have it. Should be a great game for them against Otsego

Was at the Elmwood Fostoria game…63-0 at half..in the second half Elmwood scored 14 with what seemed to be mostly freshman and it was a defensive touchdown and a kickoff return. I personally don’t think they were trying to set any records. Fostoria just seemed to let them have it. Should be a great game for them against Otsego
This sounds more like it. I don’t think you go into a game to break a school record. A lot of things have to go the right way to score 11 TDs, let alone doing it while not playing your starters for a good chunk of the game. If the goal was to break the record they would have kept starters in until it was done.

And to say you’re surprised about who someone thinks is the game of the week because Elmwood hasn’t been a winning team for a while is funny. There are only four games to choose from and this is the most interesting matchup, simply put. Most small schools go through cycles, albeit Elmwood was down quite a bit longer than I’m sure anyone associated with the program would have liked. Otsego went through the same thing not too long ago. Elmwood seems to currently have a group of kids with talent willing to put work in, that’s a recipe for improvement. They started showing flashes last year with a very young team, it is not surprising to see them have success. I’m happy to see them doing well.

I cannot believe the Royals/Knights is game of the week. If I’m not mistaken they have not had a playoff team or winning record since 2005
I haven't seen them play, but Elmwood could be very good this year, the game against Otsego should let people know if they're legit or not.

They beat up on 2 bad teams, but beat a solid Lakota team 41-14, and then beat a very good Allen East team 42-21. That game was AE's only loss, their 3 wins have all been by 28 points or more. Elmwood may make some noise for one of their last years in the NBC

That’s their last playoff appearance, yes. But not winning record.

The 07 and 08 Elmwood teams had winning records and were actually pretty good. But they had to play Hopewell, Genoa, and Eastwood who were loaded those years and took 3 losses causing them to miss playoffs.
That's right! I know Elmwood was pretty dang stout in basketball & baseball during that time as well. What a time though for this area, you had a future Pro Bowler playing QB/S for Fostoria, a 5 star QB at Kenton and a Genoa team that was a complete juggernaut.

That's right! I know Elmwood was pretty dang stout in basketball & baseball during that time as well. What a time though for this area, you had a future Pro Bowler playing QB/S for Fostoria, a 5 star QB at Kenton and a Genoa team that was a complete juggernaut.
Those early 2000 years had some very competitive Elmwood teams accross the board. 2003 They were runner up for the league and beat up a good Mohawk team in the first round of DV playoffs before running into DSJ. Was 2005 or 2006 that they gave Patrick Henry all they could handle in the 1st round of playoffs. Won the league in baseball in 2004 and were ranked top 5 in the state pretty much all year, Lost to DIII state champion Archbold in 05 in District final, as well as I believe winning a district title in basketball that year. Also was 07 or 08 they were in the State finals in baseball in DIII. There was a time that IMO they had top level coaching in the SLL with Ziegler, Reynolds, Lee and Reiser.

Take a poke at tomorrow nights games:

Otsego 35 Elmwood 20 - Knights just too much. The QB/RB combo they have is pretty lethal. Elmwood will score, but not enough to keep up.

Eastwood 41 Genoa 10 - Comets seem to struggle scoring a bit, and Eastwood has had no trouble scoring thus far.

Rossford 56 Fostoria 6 - Bulldogs bounce back big.

Lake 56 Woodmore 0 - Ouch. 5th straight shutout for Woodmore and Lake seems to be playing a little better.

Eastwood @ Genoa -Genoa's D will make it tough on Eastwood for a half but their off can't score......Eagles 35 - 10
Elmwood @ Otsego - if the game was at Elmwood, I would pick the upset but at home the Knights win 31 - 21
Rossford @ Fostoria - Bulldogs can name the score
Lake @ Woodmore - same here, stat building time

I think Elmwood proved they were legit tonight going toe to toe with Otsego. Could see a rematch in the playoffs.

Looking forward to the week 7 game at Elmwood against Eastwood.

Looks like it was closer than 20!

Surprised at how low-scoring the game was. Thought there would be some more points put up by both teams. Elmwood's running back was putting up video game numbers, and he came back to earth a little bit last night. Same with Dzwiera - it seemed like he struggled at times completing passes last night.

Obviously, two teams with good defenses. That was proven last night. The best offense in the league may reside in Pemberville.

Week 6
Lake vs Eastwood - I’ll take the eagles 42-7. Otsego transfer is out for lake at Qb now?
Genoa vs Fostoria - Genoa 35-0
Elmwood vs Woodmore - Elmwood by 60+
Rossford vs Otsego - 45-28 Otsego. How on earth is Leiter playing with a club on his right arm?

Week 6
Lake vs Eastwood - I’ll take the eagles 42-7. Otsego transfer is out for lake at Qb now?
Genoa vs Fostoria - Genoa 35-0
Elmwood vs Woodmore - Elmwood by 60+
Rossford vs Otsego - 45-28 Otsego. How on earth is Leiter playing with a club on his right arm?
One tough SOB. Lol.

Week 6
Lake vs Eastwood - Eastwood 35 Lake 7. Tough to break in a new QB now for Lake. Eastwood marches on. Quietly happening, but Craig Rutherford is now 43-8 through his first 4.5 years as head coach. Who has a better record in their first 50 games? Vicars at Genoa had to have had a similar start. Otten and Goodwin at Coldwater/Marion Local.

Genoa vs Fostoria - Genoa 31-6. Comets bounce back. Young team - still adjusting to new staff. Should finish 4-6, maybe 5-5 if they can beat Lake.

Elmwood vs Woodmore - Elmwood 56-0. Royals pick the score. Good to see Woodmore get some points last week.

Rossford vs Otsego - Otsego 34 Rossford 14. Interesting game, but Knights should be okay. Otsego has some snoozers until week 10 after this week.

Week 6
Lake vs Eastwood - Eastwood 35 Lake 7. Tough to break in a new QB now for Lake. Eastwood marches on. Quietly happening, but Craig Rutherford is now 43-8 through his first 4.5 years as head coach. Who has a better record in their first 50 games? Vicars at Genoa had to have had a similar start. Otten and Goodwin at Coldwater/Marion Local.

Genoa vs Fostoria - Genoa 31-6. Comets bounce back. Young team - still adjusting to new staff. Should finish 4-6, maybe 5-5 if they can beat Lake.

Elmwood vs Woodmore - Elmwood 56-0. Royals pick the score. Good to see Woodmore get some points last week.

Rossford vs Otsego - Otsego 34 Rossford 14. Interesting game, but Knights should be okay. Otsego has some snoozers until week 10 after this week.
Vicars I believe was 56-7 in his time at Genoa (5 seasons). Also started his head coaching career, losing 45 of his first 50 games.

Week 6

I assume the guy at Kirtland is at the top of the list.

Haven't seen Eastwood play yet, but having the Boos brothers playing pitch and catch adds a dimension to that Wing-T.

Rossford is banged up and wasn't very deep to begin with. They need their best effort of the season to stay within hailing distance of Otsego. Not sure they have it in them.

I see Fostoria has canceled the JV game Saturday - must have a few guys out this week. I was impressed to see their staff coaching their JV kids hard against Rossford. Nice to see someone consider Saturday morning as a chance to get better and prep kids for the future.

Lake vs Eastwood - shouldn't be close and a running clock in the 2nd half
Genoa vs Fostoria - Genoa wins easily
Elmwood vs Woodmore - Would have been ugly with a Royal win but I think this one got cancelled
Rossford vs Otsego - Rossford is puzzling.......Knights win by 3 scores

Attachments

• 5C7D61E7-CC8F-4880-8B5C-AC2FC23B4675.jpeg
    5C7D61E7-CC8F-4880-8B5C-AC2FC23B4675.jpeg
    87.3 KB · Views: 17