Northeast Ohio Top 25?

Medina finished last season on a 3 game win streak including a convincing win over Solon. New offensive scheme will be established this season. Defense looks to be improved as well with the most depth they have ever had. The schedule is tough but word is that the Bees will be competitive.
A dark horse candidate for sure.

Any list with Massillon that high loses all credibility. Like every football season Tiger fans think it's still the 70s or 80s and that they are relevant. They will once again crap the bed come playoff time - it's as predictable as the sun rising.
You can't say that Massillon isn't relevant because they were in the D II state championship game last year and the semifinals the year before. They return their QB and the receivers. They are going to be relevant this year and years to come.

FYI. The person who made the post that you referenced is from Cleveland Benedictine. The Tigers had a series with the Bengals during the 1950’s, 60’s, 70’s and two games in 2003-2004. Bball216 is upset CB only beat MW four times in history‼

FYI, he is a VASJ guy.

FYI. The person who made the post that you referenced is from Cleveland Benedictine. The Tigers had a series with the Bengals during the 1950’s, 60’s, 70’s and two games in 2003-2004. Bball216 is upset CB only beat MW four times in history‼
But yet, Benedictine has 7 State football championships since the playoffs started to Massillon's zero.
Since the playoff system started in 1972, where champions are crowned on the field and not voted on by reporters, Massillon has preformed on the girdiron like they do in the bedroom; always coming up short.

But yet, Benedictine has 7 State football championships since the playoffs started to Massillon's zero.
Since the playoff system started in 1972, where champions are crowned on the field and not voted on by reporters, Massillon has preformed on the girdiron like they do in the bedroom; always coming up short.
Love it, great comment, nice pun, but you speak the truth, If I'm correct Massillon has zero state titles in sports. I wouldnt worry about Maxie, he is known to be a partisan nut, still stuck in the past...

If they're so great why haven't they responded to phone calls since that class of a lifetime left?

I think the 18th rated team is Perry from Lake County. Not Massillon Perry.
If Anderson stays healthy all season The Pirates should have a great season. He is one of the most talented guys in the area. If he has a great season, he might finally get that tOSU offer

How many times has your school SCHEDULED, not played....but SCHEDULED any of those three? Be honest. While we're at it, throw in Moeller, Elder, Warren, Steubenville?

I'll wait....
It's been awhile since my team played Steubenville, but they have played all the teams you named. By the way, my team won a State Title in Football, cant say the same for Massillon.....It was a nice try at deflection by you, but even a recent past coach from Massillon said they wont be scheduling Iggy, Ed, Moeller, Elder anymore because the Paper Tigers couldn't compete.....Mentor has said they have tried to schedule Masssillon, but cant get a return call....funny you knock Benedictine, they have 12 state titles and Massillon zero.......

It's been awhile since my team played Steubenville, but they have played all the teams you named. By the way, my team won a State Title in Football, cant say the same for Massillon.....It was a nice try at deflection by you, but even a recent past coach from Massillon said they wont be scheduling Iggy, Ed, Moeller, Elder anymore because the Paper Tigers couldn't compete.....Mentor has said they have tried to schedule Masssillon, but cant get a return call....funny you knock Benedictine, they have 12 state titles and Massillon zero.......
Who is your school ? Because none of stark county will schedule Mentor now. You have no room to talk in current times

Please answer the question. Do I need to draw you a picture?

If Anderson stays healthy all season The Pirates should have a great season. He is one of the most talented guys in the area. If he has a great season, he might finally get that tOSU offer
Yeah and he’ll be one of the oldest freshman in division one college football too..

Solon is too high, Kenston is too low on this list - that's a fact. The Bombers won their state's division convincingly, played their best football at the end of the year and return almost all of their starters and high-impact players. Solon lost most of their high-impact players; they have the coach's son starting at QB which counts for something as far as leadership and communication however they've lost a lot of depth and aren't doing a very good job at the lower levels of developing players or keeping their numbers up in terms of kids in each class.

I personally don't have a problem with Massillon being ranked where they are and think that with what they have coming back after such a successful run last season they could legitimately match up against Eds/Mentor/Ignatius (not perennially but in spots I think they're capable of being among the very best teams in the area regardless of division).

The two teams conspicuously absent from this list for me are Strongsville and Mayfield. There are some unanswered questions about both of those programs but I know that there are some solid younger classes at both of those schools - depending on how much exposure some of those kids get to varsity football this year, it could speed things up so that by the end of the year people could be talking about each of them as preseason top 10 teams in next year's poll.

Hoban
St Edward
St Ignatius
Mentor
Massillon
Euclid
Avon
McKinley
Kenston
Wadsworth
SVSM
Canfield
Hoover
Maple Hts
Solon
Massillon Perry
Massillon Jackson
Kirtland
Wooster
Strongsville
Hubbard
Orrville
Garfield Hts
Austintown Fitch
Avon Lake

also Girard, Warren Harding, Lake County Perry, Medina Highland, Mentor Lake Catholic, Akron East

Curious as to why: No Barberton?

Solon is too high, Kenston is too low on this list - that's a fact. The Bombers won their state's division convincingly, played their best football at the end of the year and return almost all of their starters and high-impact players. Solon lost most of their high-impact players; they have the coach's son starting at QB which counts for something as far as leadership and communication however they've lost a lot of depth and aren't doing a very good job at the lower levels of developing players or keeping their numbers up in terms of kids in each class.

I personally don't have a problem with Massillon being ranked where they are and think that with what they have coming back after such a successful run last season they could legitimately match up against Eds/Mentor/Ignatius (not perennially but in spots I think they're capable of being among the very best teams in the area regardless of division).

The two teams conspicuously absent from this list for me are Strongsville and Mayfield. There are some unanswered questions about both of those programs but I know that there are some solid younger classes at both of those schools - depending on how much exposure some of those kids get to varsity football this year, it could speed things up so that by the end of the year people could be talking about each of them as preseason top 10 teams in next year's poll.

I agree with both of your assessments. Kenston is too low and Solon is too high. Also Girard should not be on the list.

Hoban
St Edward
St Ignatius
Mentor
Massillon
Euclid
Avon
McKinley
Kenston
Wadsworth
SVSM
Canfield
Hoover
Maple Hts
Solon
Massillon Perry
Massillon Jackson
Kirtland
Wooster
Strongsville
Hubbard
Orrville
Garfield Hts
Austintown Fitch
Avon Lake

also Girard, Warren Harding, Lake County Perry, Medina Highland, Mentor Lake Catholic, Akron East
next Buchtel, Boardman, Chardon, Dover, Lake, Louisville, Barberton

Agree, my son played with these boys in youth football and there are some really talented kids in this senior and junior class at Medina.

I'm not as familiar with the seniors, but yeah, the junior class is very good. The sophomore class is absolutely loaded with talent and that group has some great athletes (the Claggett MS portion of the team is 25-1 since 7th, with the one loss being in OT in 8th to a combined Strongsville team ... ran the table as freshmen despite several kids playing up at JV/varsity). The freshman class is also very good (the Root MS portion of the team went like 13-3 in 7th and 8th with the losses being to combined teams ... though that class did lose a couple good athletes already who have decided to focus on basketball). I'm guessing they will be in the mix for the freshman title this year. Not sure how good the 8th grade class is overall. Numbers were a little down last year compared to the classes above, but know they have a kid who looks like he can be an absolute stud RB/LB in that class if he develops.

This will definitely be a team that is top 25 worthy in NEO for the foreseeable future.

Get off Massillon Boy's rear end. HE is proud of their tradition, and rightly so. They have it going in the right direction, and had they not taken the first half of the State Title game off last December, they may very well be State Champions. They gave Hoban all they wanted the second half. Unfortunately, if they both do as well as they should they will meet in week 13 this year as they are in the same region this year, I believe. I do think that Barberton will be very solid, getting better as the season goes on. They lost a very good RB, but they have hit their stride under Coach Gotto that it is really next man up.

Curious as to why: No Barberton?

Barberton should be maybe between 20-25 somewhere. Cake schedule last year. Stow and Massillon on the schedule this year so maybe they can feed me crow. Thought they were overrated last season and this season so far as well. Would like to see them in the SL National.