NFL Offseason - 2012

I'm still skeptical on the nerve regeneration bringing his arm back up to speed. If that doesn't come back they might as well start Leinart.

Although I thought "Tom Brady money" was comical, if I was Flacco and his agent DIDN'T ask for this, I'd fire him. Now does Flacco deserve that kind of money? Not a chance.
Dude should have been axing for Ron Mexico money and settled for Brady money.

Although I thought "Tom Brady money" was comical, if I was Flacco and his agent DIDN'T ask for this, I'd fire him. Now does Flacco deserve that kind of money? Not a chance.

agents gotta start HIGH with the contract negotiations, so they can wiggle their way down to the amount that they KNOW their client is worth. :D

Jim Irsay @ JimIrsay
Feb 18- BREAKING! A brand new BMW car will be given away to the one who can predict all 32 1rst round draft picks correctly! NO GUESSES ACCEPTED YET

I guess on the bright side BJGE is probably still better than Benson, and hasn't really been worn down since he doesn't have too many carries in his career. As long as they didn't overpay for him it's not a terrible move.

BJGE has 0 career fumbles too, although now that he's wearing stripes he's guaranteed to have quite a few :laugh:

2012 Minnesota Vikings Schedule, and my predictions:

9/9 - JAX W
9/16 - @IND W
9/23 - SF L
9/30 - @DET L
10/7 - TEN L
10/14 - @WSH L
10/21 - ARZ L
10/25 - TB W
11/4 - @SEA L
11/11 - DET L
11/25 - @CHI L
12/2 -@GB L
12/9 - CHI L
12/16 - @STL W
12/23 - @HOU L
12/30 -GB L

Highlights are the Thursday Night game at home on my birthday, and that's about it. The back end of the schedule is really rough, with 5 of the last 8 games on the road and 6 against NFC North teams. Yikes :help:

I'm seeing 4-12 or 3-13, regardless of who they get in the draft. They pretty much need to rebuild the whole defense sans the DL and also need a couple more OL, especially at the tackle position. Adrian Peterson will almost certainly miss the first half of the season as well due to his ACL/MCL tear. Going to be another really rough season with some probably epic beatdowns from the Packers. If Ponder doesn't progress at all this season they'll need to seriously consider taking Matt Barkley with next year's pick, because I think he's going to be a stud in the NFL.

The good thing is that the Metrodome's days are numbered and a new stadium deal is in place and should be done by 2015 I think. They may end up playing at the Gopher's stadium for a year or two if the new stadium gets built at the Metrdome site, which is downtown and would be really nice. But I think most of the residents and politicians prefer the suburban site.

Browns Season summed up: Number 4 (Or wherever we draft) overall pick tears his ACL. Other Draft Picks suck. Colt McCoy starts at QB. All Losses. Defeated. 1st overall pick. God Hates Cleveland. You can start the Cleveland Browns 2013 Off-Season Thread now.

2012 Minnesota Vikings Schedule, and my predictions:

9/9 - JAX W
9/16 - @IND W
9/23 - SF L
9/30 - @DET L
10/7 - TEN L
10/14 - @WSH L
10/21 - ARZ L
10/25 - TB W
11/4 - @SEA L
11/11 - DET L
11/25 - @CHI L
12/2 -@GB L
12/9 - CHI L
12/16 - @STL W
12/23 - @HOU L
12/30 -GB L

Highlights are the Thursday Night game at home on my birthday, and that's about it. The back end of the schedule is really rough, with 5 of the last 8 games on the road and 6 against NFC North teams. Yikes :help:

I'm seeing 4-12 or 3-13, regardless of who they get in the draft. They pretty much need to rebuild the whole defense sans the DL and also need a couple more OL, especially at the tackle position. Adrian Peterson will almost certainly miss the first half of the season as well due to his ACL/MCL tear. Going to be another really rough season with some probably epic beatdowns from the Packers. If Ponder doesn't progress at all this season they'll need to seriously consider taking Matt Barkley with next year's pick, because I think he's going to be a stud in the NFL.

The good thing is that the Metrodome's days are numbered and a new stadium deal is in place and should be done by 2015 I think. They may end up playing at the Gopher's stadium for a year or two if the new stadium gets built at the Metrdome site, which is downtown and would be really nice. But I think most of the residents and politicians prefer the suburban site.

Probably 3 to 4 more wins than I see the Browns getting this year. When asked how many wins he predicted for the 2012 Cleveland Browns season Dean Vernon Wormer replied...."ZERO POINT ZERO."

Welp, nevermind :(

http://www.startribune.com/politics/statelocal/148022185.html

Ohio State OT Adams failed Combine drug test

NFL Network's Jason La Canfora reports that Ohio State OT Mike Adams tested positive for marijuana at the NFL Combine.

These leaks happen every year. While they sometimes don't torpedo draft stock, it's another red flag for Adams -- a player who already struggles on game tape. We wouldn't expect him to be drafted in the first round. Per La Canfora, Adams has been "upfront" with teams about the drug test, and he has already completed a counseling program. Look for Adams to be a mid-second-round pick.