NFL News

NFL adding PI to the reviewable calls on a trial basis.
Called, and not called are reviewable. Surprised by this as the leaks stated this likely wouldn't happen.

Upon further thought, I think that NON called ones will be the most reviewed.
I have seen many PI calls that were ticky tack, but if they go by the letter of the rule then yeah, they are so most of them would stand I do believe.

I am gaining traction on the 4th and 15 in lieu of an onside kick late in the game, OR go back to the old rule for KO on onside kicks. Right now.....almost impossible to get it

NFL adding PI to the reviewable calls on a trial basis.
Called, and not called are reviewable. Surprised by this as the leaks stated this likely wouldn't happen.

Upon further thought, I think that NON called ones will be the most reviewed.
I have seen many PI calls that were ticky tack, but if they go by the letter of the rule then yeah, they are so most of them would stand I do believe.

I am gaining traction on the 4th and 15 in lieu of an onside kick late in the game, OR go back to the old rule for KO on onside kicks. Right now.....almost impossible to get it

the "4th and 15" rule is a total gimmick and should never pass.

if coaches still only get 2 challenges and a 3rd if they get both right, then this really isn't a huge deal. just another play that coaches have to decide "should i challenge this or not?" not sure how it will affect the referees calling it. will they shy away from the ticky tack call because they know the coach can challenge it if they miss it? or just call everything because THEY KNOW THE COACH CAN CHALLENGE IT?

1 year trial rule as well so we shall see how it holds up.

Gimmick.
Sure, but as the rule is now the onside kick is virtually impossible.

See where KK is going to give his players a break in meetings every 20 minutes for social media and look their phones?

Says it will help them focus in the meetings. I think that it will do the opposite as they will constantly be thinking about the last exchanges and what to do/say next,

Been in meetings, classes, etc where I cannot be on a phone for hours and hours, and at times days.

After a few minutes, it is actually FREEING to know you are disconnected. Family and friends know you are at work and cannot be online then that is fine.

I am a proponent for giving a break every hour to let people do whatever, but every 20 mins or so?

CMON man!

Well, Wilson got his way. Highest paid.

Too bad for him he closed that SB with the pick he threw, because he won't likely appear in another one with the way he will Flacco the Seahawks for the next 4 years.

Found it funny the NFL states that Philly is the only team that plays three straight weeks on the road.

Raiders play two road games, then "HOST" a game in London, then more road games, a bye, etc and don't play a game in OAK for like 6 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Found it funny the NFL states that Philly is the only team that plays three straight weeks on the road.

Raiders play two road games, then "HOST" a game in London, then more road games, a bye, etc and don't play a game in OAK for like 6 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The NFL doesn't care about Oakland fans anymore; the team is lame duck anyway. What the Oakland fans have had to endure with a franchise that changes cities more often than most people change underwear only to return, is criminal.

The NFL doesn't care about Oakland fans anymore; the team is lame duck anyway. What the Oakland fans have had to endure with a franchise that changes cities more often than most people change underwear only to return, is criminal.

I like how they are sticking to them! Just thought it was funny how it came out that since they are "hosting" a game in London it doesn't technically count being a road game/away from Oakland

Maybe I didn't follow the transcript that well but did he ever actually admit to anything? Seemed a set-up to me, the girlfriend just saying bad accusatory things or "innocently" asking accusatory questions as if they're facts and him responding like she's being stupid. Who holds a conversation like that while walking through an airport? Which CONVENIENTLY had a listening device? Set-up?

Maybe I didn't follow the transcript that well but did he ever actually admit to anything? Seemed a set-up to me, the girlfriend just saying bad accusatory things or "innocently" asking accusatory questions as if they're facts and him responding like she's being stupid. Who holds a conversation like that while walking through an airport? Which CONVENIENTLY had a listening device? Set-up?

May well be but with his record he's cooked.

Well hell yeah it was a setup.

DA said they knew a crime was committed, but didnt know whom did it so you better believe she was going to do what she needed to do to implicate someone other than her.

He is toast. Suspended a year.

Patriots pick him up. They win a SB in Brady's swan song, and Hill gets the last laugh

I look forward to hearing lotr’s opinion of this one- The Buffalo Bills are now going to have what they call a tailgate village charge for admission to the lots where the legendary tailgate parties take place. Unlike Cleveland, where are the lots are owned by the city, I guess these parking lots are owned by the Buffalo Bills themselves. Their fans have a real reputation for being out of hand there, so maybe this is just to pay for security personnel? Or are they just gouging prices here because they think people will pay ?

Ah the Bills mafia is going to have to make them an offer they cannot refuse.

I have never been but the best man to my wedding had a good friend that called himself a made member of the Bills mafia. Heard legendary stories of table slamming>

Bills-Mafia-Hates-Tables-BEST-FANS-EVER.jpg

DFH1801077439BILLS_vs_JAGUARS.jpg

bills%20mafia.jpg

I had no idea that the flaming table was a thing, but it makes sense. All action is better with fire just like all food is better with bacon.

I look forward to hearing lotr’s opinion of this one- The Buffalo Bills are now going to have what they call a tailgate village charge for admission to the lots where the legendary tailgate parties take place. Unlike Cleveland, where are the lots are owned by the city, I guess these parking lots are owned by the Buffalo Bills themselves. Their fans have a real reputation for being out of hand there, so maybe this is just to pay for security personnel? Or are they just gouging prices here because they think people will pay ?

As might be expected this is causing an uproar in Bills country!

As an aside, I can tell you some stories from my college days tailgating at Rich Stadium in the 1970's/early 80's. And of course I would go "home" for a couple of games each year after moving to Cincinnati and things were only getting worse and crazier.

I know they list the best tailgates in the NFL but I can't believe anything compares to what happens at the Rich Stadium parking lots. They are team and/or privately owned spaces so pretty much anything goes and has for 40+ years. IMO the place resembles what you might think a Dark Ages gathering to celebrate some pagan god would be like.

It's simply crazy.

Buffalo fans sound like morons. Probably dumber than browns fans.

Not true at all. They're great fans - very loyal, just like Browns fans are. And Bills fans are also very generous. The Dalton phenomena where Bills fans donated $500,000 dollars to his charity in small donations, is just one example.

Remember, the late Ralph Wilson was the only NFL owner to vote NO on the original Browns move to Baltimore. IMO Bills & Browns fans are easily BOTH in the top 5 for best & most loyal fans in the NFL.