NFL Free Agency

Props to GB FO for mending that relationship but boy do they look dumb wasting Rogers time away by using draft capital to move up and then spending a first round pick on a QB instead of any defensive player, a half decent WR outside Adam’s, some OL help, etc.

Seahawks trade Russell Wilson and a 4th rd pick to Denver for QB Drew Lock, TE Noah Fant, DT Shelby Harris, 2 -1st rd picks, 2 -2nd rd picks and a 5th rd pick

I like Wilson, but that is a LOT to give up.

Seahawks trade Russell Wilson and a 4th rd pick to Denver for QB Drew Lock, TE Noah Fant, DT Shelby Harris, 2 -1st rd picks, 2 -2nd rd picks and a 5th rd pick

If I’m the Seahawks I’m definitely doing that deal. Man that’s a lot to give up.

But without Wilson the Seahawks have no chance of even making the playoffs. The Rams have Stafford, Ari has Kyler Murray for the moment at least and SF has Jimmy G/Lance. That is a 1-5, maybe 2-4 divisional record.

Seattle is 4th place in their division for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
The AFC West is probably the best Division in the NFL now.

NFL QB is the most important position in all of sports, the return package is probably just right for one of the better players at this position.

Seems like Rodgers was only about the money all along. As mentioned before, trading away all that draft capital could prevent GB from landing talent to help Rodgers as I'd expect that contract to problematic to their CAP issues. That's a lot of cheddar for 4 years.

Also what is Denver's cap situation? I could see some ring chasers ending up in Denver.

Denver was just missing a QB, so Wilson will improve them, but I’m not guaranteeing a Super Bowl. I don’t think Wilson elevates a team as much as is generally thought. If I’m Denver, I’m okay swinging for the fences and trying to win a Lombardi. If I’m the Seahawks I’m thrilled to get that haul for an aging QB that wasn’t taking them anywhere anyway. Seattle could rebuild quickly if they draft wisely.

I like Wilson, but that is a LOT to give up.

Agree, that is a lot of draft capital to give up.

Clearly Denver is going for it. Giving up Lock and slightly above average TE and DL does not hurt their current roster much. They want to win now, and they have the QB to do it now. Russell is tremendous; his OL was the problem in Seattle last year.

Heard a talking head NFL Analyst this morning and he reminded the host that the NFL is a copy cat League and the Broncos are basically following the Rams model, if you go all in go all the way and screw the future. Got the Rams a Super Bowl so don't be surprised if you see another team head in this direction this year.

Wolves82 - I agree that the DL Harris is slightly above average, he is 31 years old and coming off his best year. However the te Fant will be a 3rd year player and has proven to be a very capable TE with subpar quarterback play. Fant is going to Seattle which will have subpar quarterback play for the foreseeable future. If Fant was still in Denver with Wilson, I believe he would have chance to be a top 5-7 TE in the league.

Just goes to show that so much of one's success is dependent upon others and things completely out of your own control. I recall listening to a interview of TB head coach Bruce Arians. The interviewer stated that Arians had worked with All Pro qb's such as Peyton Manning, Ben Roethlisberger and Carson Palmer (this was before Arians coached Brady at TB) and he was asked who if there was anyone he worked with who might have been as good. Arians immediately said former Cleveland qb Tim Couch. Arians said Couch was just as talented as anyone he had coached and was just as smart and prepared as any as well. However, Couch had no help whatsoever in Cleveland on the field and off the field. Couch physically got the crap beat out of him and was out of the league in what, 5 years or so?

Makes one wonder, if Tom Brady was drafted by Detroit or Cleveland do you think he is 'Tom Brady, the GOAT' or is he 'Tom Brady, your local State Farm Insurance agent'?

I think Russ's best days are way behind him. He hit the lottery being put on a team when he was young that had an ELITE defense and running game. People hate the term game manager, but that's Russ. He's an upgrade for the Broncos, but not as much as many think.

I think Russ's best days are way behind him. He hit the lottery being put on a team when he was young that had an ELITE defense and running game. People hate the term game manager, but that's Russ. He's an upgrade for the Broncos, but not as much as many think.
Wilson is fine. He spent much of the season suffering from the broken finger and behind one of the worst lines in the NFL. Put him behind Denver's decent OL with Jeudy, Sutton and Patrick on the outside and Williams and Gordon at RB and he will flourish.

My sentiments exactly. He might be enough to get the Broncos that Super Bowl, but I’m not sold on him as being able to do it with any certainty. Had Rodgers gone to Denver I would feel much better about Denver’s chances at the Lombardi.

1646922879939.jpeg

Wilson is fine. He spent much of the season suffering from the broken finger and behind one of the worst lines in the NFL. Put him behind Denver's decent OL with Jeudy, Sutton and Patrick on the outside and Williams and Gordon at RB and he will flourish.
I think Denver thinks he's going to be the Russ of 4-5 years ago and I just don't see it. Yes, the O-line is always an indicator, and he is and upgrade at that position for the Broncos, but I just think in that division, in that conference, it's going to be very difficult for Denver to be much better than they have been. Media likes to look at Brady and Stafford as the way to win, but we have countless examples of teams who bring QB's in and it falls apart. One easy one to look at today is Indy. Phillip Rivers two year ago, and Wentz last season.

I think Denver thinks he's going to be the Russ of 4-5 years ago and I just don't see it. Yes, the O-line is always an indicator, and he is and upgrade at that position for the Broncos, but I just think in that division, in that conference, it's going to be very difficult for Denver to be much better than they have been. Media likes to look at Brady and Stafford as the way to win, but we have countless examples of teams who bring QB's in and it falls apart. One easy one to look at today is Indy. Phillip Rivers two year ago, and Wentz last season.
Using Carson Wentz and old man Rivers as comparisons to Russell Wilson shows an intense lack of football knowledge. At least you are consistent...

Really no where for Baker to go.

Cardinals- Murray
Rams- Stafford
Seahawks- Lock??
49ers- Lance/Garappolo
Packers-Rodgers
Vikings- Cousins
Lions- Goff
Bears- Fields
Cowboys- Prescott
Commanders- Wentz
Eagles- Hurts
Giants- Jones
Panthers- Darnold
Saints- Winston
Falcons- Mariota
Bucs- Brady
Patriots- Jones
Dolphins- Tua
Jets- Wilson
Bills- Allen
Steelers- Trubisky
Browns- Watson
Bengals- Burrow
Ravens- Jackson
Jaguars- Lawrence
Colts- Ryan
Texans- Mills
Titans- Tannenhill
Chiefs- Mahimes
Chargers- Herbert
Raiders- Carr
Broncos- Wilson

I dont see a home for Baker anywhere. Unless the Seahawks want him. The Texans didnt want him. Maybe the Dolphins think hes better than Tua or the Giants dont like Jones as much as Baker. In another dimension, how interesting would it be if the Steelers took him.

Really no where for Baker to go.

Cardinals- Murray
Rams- Stafford
Seahawks- Lock??
49ers- Lance/Garappolo
Packers-Rodgers
Vikings- Cousins
Lions- Goff
Bears- Fields
Cowboys- Prescott
Commanders- Wentz
Eagles- Hurts
Giants- Jones
Panthers- Darnold
Saints- Winston
Falcons- Mariota
Bucs- Brady
Patriots- Jones
Dolphins- Tua
Jets- Wilson
Bills- Allen
Steelers- Trubisky
Browns- Watson
Bengals- Burrow
Ravens- Jackson
Jaguars- Lawrence
Colts- Ryan
Texans- Mills
Titans- Tannenhill
Chiefs- Mahimes
Chargers- Herbert
Raiders- Carr
Broncos- Wilson

I dont see a home for Baker anywhere. Unless the Seahawks want him. The Texans didnt want him. Maybe the Dolphins think hes better than Tua or the Giants dont like Jones as much as Baker. In another dimension, how interesting would it be if the Steelers took him.

I think Carolina may see Baker as an upgrade.