New Cities

fleadog101

It is Looking like Las Vegas and Charlotte NC. are going to be winners in the relocation derby. Las Vegas will get the Oakland As' and Charlotte NC. will Gert the Tampa Rays.
The deal with Vegas is about 90% complete and the deal with Charlotte NC. is about 50% right now the only on who might stay is Tampa if they get a Stadium deal Charlotte NC. has all the money for a new Stadium and is ready to welcome the Rays. Private money awaits Vegas an the As deal in a privately funded Stadium this will look different in about maybe 5 years or less

I like it. North Carolina definitely should have a team. Las Vegas is becoming a Major League town for sports now that the fear of gambling issues has almost gone away.

Charlotte and that part of the country are way overdue. I've never understood how MLB could have that void between the Baltimore/DC area and Florida. Just think of the vast area Atlanta had before the Florida teams were added.

Surprised that the Ray are not moving to Nashville, it is basically becoming an entertainment & sin destination along the lines of Vegas so visiting fans would plan a trip to take in their team and hit the tourist destinations with some sort of tax on these places to pay for the baseball park. The Preds are a hot NHL ticket with their building being filled by a large % of visitors fans. While Charlotte is a nice city and would market a team to all of the Carolinas they will not generate the stadium revenue that Nashville could generate.

Surprised that the Ray are not moving to Nashville, it is basically becoming an entertainment & sin destination along the lines of Vegas so visiting fans would plan a trip to take in their team and hit the tourist destinations with some sort of tax on these places to pay for the baseball park. The Preds are a hot NHL ticket with their building being filled by a large % of visitors fans. While Charlotte is a nice city and would market a team to all of the Carolinas they will not generate the stadium revenue that Nashville could generate.
Agree 100%. I thought the Rays to Nashville was a given, as was the A's to Vegas.