New Bremen vs Ansonia

Who wins?

• Total voters
Some halftime observations- Greenville is a sh!thole and should not be hosting. Terrible field care and stands are awful. Ansonia is a really good, physical team. If there is any truth that the head referee is the former Ansonia head coach, OHSAA has some explaining to do. Bremen has had two long touchdowns called back with questionable calls, maybe there were right? I’ll have to check out the replay.

14-8 Cards at the half
Some halftime observations- Greenville is a sh!thole and should not be hosting. Terrible field care and stands are awful. Ansonia is a really good, physical team. If there is any truth that the head referee is the former Ansonia head coach, OHSAA has some explaining to do. Bremen has had two long touchdowns called back with questionable calls, maybe there were right? I’ll have to check out the replay.

14-8 Cards at the
Is it true the head Ref is an ex Ansonia head coach?
No, not true

You know for sure? I'm just curious
Yes, the guy in black on the sidelines- he’s from Ansonia, he is pretty high up in the officiating levels. he was on the sidelines not calling any penalties, could not throw a flag, that wasn’t his crew, he’s compiling data for OSHAA over seeing things, He never coached Ansonia.

The question I have is how will Ansonia respond to seeing a defense like this? New Bremens defense is better than all of the WOAC. Do they adjust or do they cave? How do they plan for David Homan the probable D7 Offensive Player Of The Year? Lots of questions to be answer. But I do agree that they will eat some clock and that will keep them in it for awhile.

New Bremen 35
Ansonia 14
After what I saw Preble Shawnee’s defense is better.

14-8 Cards at the half.
Not sure where you heard that info but it’s VERY wrong. Unless the head referee is Eugene Hoening (who sits in the press box for the Ansonia Coaching staff) or Matt Macy (who is the head coach at Arcanum) then no, the he was not the coach at Ansonia ever.

Former head coach is now an Asst. for them and is in the booth.
Yep Eugene Hoening coached for 35+ years and is now an assistant in the booth, then we had some Arcanum dude that was mediocre at best for a few years, now we have Adam Hall. And the future of Ansonia football is very bright.

Noticed a handful of PI non calls that favored NB their dbs really struggled when Ansonia threw the ball. Corner tackled a receiver on an underthrown ball with no call.

Ansonia is a very good football team, really seemed like the weather affected them less than it did New Bremen- that’s a compliment to Ansonia, at this time of year you are going to have bad weather and you need to be able to play in it. Good to hear the rumor about the ref was false, that would be a bad look for OHSAA. I certainly didn’t see the PI missed calls, for the most part a clean game. Bremen had two big touchdowns called back, until I get to watch rhe replay I’ll hold my judgment on the calls.

How was the field care terrible? I thought they had newer artificial turf?
Could be talking about just the field had snow on it. Or people potentially slipping due to melted snow. I don’t think the turf itself is the issue

Ansonia is a very good football team, really seemed like the weather affected them less than it did New Bremen- that’s a compliment to Ansonia, at this time of year you are going to have bad weather and you need to be able to play in it. Good to hear the rumor about the ref was false, that would be a bad look for OHSAA. I certainly didn’t see the PI missed calls, for the most part a clean game. Bremen had two big touchdowns called back, until I get to watch rhe replay I’ll hold my judgment on the calls.
what rumor?

How was the field care terrible? I thought they had newer artificial turf?
They only shoveled the end zone, yard lines and hash marks. Seems like they could have cleaned the whole field? Worst part is it looked like they put the excess snow between the yard lines instead of off the field.

14-8 Cards at the half.
Everyone in Ansonia will be sitting on the edge of their seats waiting on your approval of holding calls on the two TDs call back! I personally loved the game being at Greenville. I thought it was an awesome atmosphere, was like playing football in a snow globe, Harmon field is a good combo of the old and new plus I like it location in the park! Field conditions were tough but you know snow will do that! Good job Tigers, you proved you belong and good luck to New Bremen, hope you win it all!!

Everyone in Ansonia will be sitting on the edge of their seats waiting on your approval of holding calls on the two TDs call back! I personally loved the game being at Greenville. I thought it was an awesome atmosphere, was like playing football in a snow globe, Harmon field is a good combo of the old and new plus I like it location in the park! Field conditions were tough but you know snow will do that! Good job Tigers, you proved you belong and good luck to New Bremen, hope you win it all!!
They could have called holding on NB nearly every play. To call Greenville a shithole?!? New turf new field house and next to come is new stands (3 phase project) Ask yourself what would New Bremen be without crown?

It sounds like Ansonia wasn't intimidated by facing a strong MAC team. Apparently the Tigers came out swinging and played hard to the final whistle. Good job Tigers - I was way off in my prediction of a beatdown.

Good luck Cardinals!

It sounds like Ansonia wasn't intimidated by facing a strong MAC team. Apparently the Tigers came out swinging and played hard to the final whistle. Good job Tigers - I was way off in my prediction of a beatdown.

Good luck Cardinals!
Was told over the weekend from an outsider that the MAC is losing its mystique and the only program that illicits concern is MSML

Yes, the guy in black on the sidelines- he’s from Ansonia, he is pretty high up in the officiating levels. he was on the sidelines not calling any penalties, could not throw a flag, that wasn’t his crew, he’s compiling data for OSHAA over seeing things, He never coached Ansonia.
there was a person on the Minster-Fort Loramie game doing the same thing

They could have called holding on NB nearly every play. To call Greenville a shithole?!? New turf new field house and next to come is new stands (3 phase project) Ask yourself what would New Bremen be without crown?
This isn’t about New Bremen, they don’t have turf field so they can’t host playoff games. Being an MAC guy I see plenty of neutral site games and Greenville is by far the worst I have been to. Maybe they were the only place willing to host that made geographical sense? After they get new seating and learn about field care they can host? Parking was good!

The turf and facility there is nice. The lights and stands though are definitely a few tiers below average.

14-8 Cards at the half.
Lol
Very typical New Bremen post. Blame the refs for some questionable calls, complain about the facility.

7 years ago New Bremen held a town meeting to determine if they should leave the MAC, drop football, or stick with football in the MAC because they couldn’t compete in ANY sport, especially football. Now 7 years and 4 state titles later they are King Kong.

Too many spread teams in the MAC. To most physical teams in the MAC ((ML and V) use a fullback and coincidentally are the 2 best defensive teams in the MAC.
Power football and defense wins championships. Been awhile since Cw has been stout on defense and sans the Ross Homan days the only true running attack is when we have a mobile.
With that said...it's been a great run with 7 titles and just two years removed from the most recent. Some fundamental changes need to happen to be able to return to glory. Spread is fancy and all,and when it's nice out it can hum along but when Ohio weather turna raw ..and it does each year....you HAVE to have a running game. It's a must. CW has a large enough roster that they have to be able to develope a better DL and LB corp.

With that said, I hope outsiders pile dirt on the gravesite of CW football glory as that should drive the program to find a way to come back stronger. Next year will be a struggle but hopefully by 2024-25 they can be contenders again.