NEO D1 Seeding Predictions

If Green is the #2 overall seed, wouldn't they choose Alliance? Twinsburg would be an awful long drive for the Bulldogs if they could choose something closer.
Twinsburg is only 2 minutes farther for Green, plus I figure Dover and most of the other FED schools will go to Alliance.

In other formats, there were either only two options to pick districts, no option. For years Solon was forced to go to Euclid since they hosted a district.

Solon will go to Twinsburg for two reasons: the first is location; the second is to stay away from Brush, who will most likely head to Euclid.
Yeah I understand I just was confused why Solon wouldn’t want to be tested?

West Seeds:

1. St. Edward
2. Brecksville
3. St. Ignatius
4. Cleveland Heights
5. Shaker Heights
6. Brunswick
7. Olmsted Falls
8. Medina
9. Copley
10. Westlake (wins tie breaker 19-18)*
10. Amherst Steele *

* Tie broken by most votes above or equal to Seed.

Last edited:
I’m just glad nobody here is complaining about the voting results. Asking coaches to rank 37 teams (majority of which they haven’t seen play) is pretty ridiculous.

I’m just glad nobody here is complaining about the voting results. Asking coaches to rank 37 teams (majority of which they haven’t seen play) is pretty ridiculous.
There are valid complaints though. Like voting an 0-16 team as a #13 seed. The other coaches saw them as a #36 seed.

Or voting a 14-2 team as a #22 seed when the other coaches see them as a #4.

Come on.

I think Kenston's ballot deserves closer study

Top 15- 1.Brush 2.Hoover 3. Dover 4. Green 5.Solon 6.Kenston 7.Mayfield 8.Alliance 9.McKinley 10.Hoban 11. Akron North 12. Stow 13. Perry 14. Kent Roosevelt 15. Harvey

Bottom 10- 28. Warren Harding 29. Kenmore 30. Massillon 31. Jackson 32. Nordonia 33.University School 34.Eastlake 35. Fitch 36. Cuyahoga Falls 37. Aurora

The combined record of the teams Kenston ranked #11-15 was 19-55 (25.6%)

The combined record of the teams Kenston ranked # 28-32 was 40-35 (53.3%)

Do they know something we don't?

So are the 36-37 teams on each side broken down into districts then?
Not yet. Each team picks a spot on the bracket for the districts at Euclid, Twinsburg, or Alliance.
#1 Brush picks first, followed by #2 Green, then #3 Solon, etc, etc until # 36 Massillon Perry then #37 Akron North close out the brackets.

The combined record of the teams Kenston ranked #11-15 was 19-55 (25.6%)

The combined record of the teams Kenston ranked # 28-32 was 40-35 (53.3%)

Do they know something we don't?
That’s pathetic. Did they try? Did they have an agenda? How can one coach out of 37 have more drops than the other 36 combined. The Kenston coach has to be seen as either dumb, lazy, or unethical by the other coaches.

Unless I’m missing something?!?!

Twinsburg is only 2 minutes farther for Green, plus I figure Dover and most of the other FED schools will go to Alliance.
I wonder if the familiarity with those Fed teams is a reason for Green to choose Twinsburg. Or maybe the familiarity is a reason not to. I am sure Solon is really hoping the Green coach stays in Stark. If not, Solon will be the top seed in Alliance, which is SO much further than neighboring Twinsburg.

That’s pathetic. Did they try? Did they have an agenda? How can one coach out of 37 have more drops than the other 36 combined. The Kenston coach has to be seen as either dumb, lazy, or unethical by the other coaches.

Unless I’m missing something?!?!
It looks like Kenston's biggest disparity was with Akron North. They voted them a #11 seed while the consensus was #37. There was a big disparity with Jackson also.

I remember Kenston used to put Brush at like 10 every year when they were in the WRC along with a couple other schools. Probably mad about the winning streak against them.

I remember Kenston used to put Brush at like 10 every year when they were in the WRC along with a couple other schools. Probably mad about the winning streak against them.

I feel like I remember Kenston’s ballot being really weird last year, as well.

Anyone know when the spots will be chosen/ the bracket released? I’m guessing Sunday?

Also Apparently CSU isn’t being used for regionals so everyone will go to Copley instead
CSU claims “concerns about COVID.” Yet the Vikings mens and womenswear programs continue to play. The GLeague Cleveland Charge continues to play at the Wolstein. As a CSU alum, I’m disappointed they backed out. The truth is, there is little incentive for hosting these tournaments. It’s a big pain in the butt with little reward - some parking and concessions I guess? OHSAA makes the money on tickets.

I wonder if the familiarity with those Fed teams is a reason for Green to choose Twinsburg. Or maybe the familiarity is a reason not to. I am sure Solon is really hoping the Green coach stays in Stark. If not, Solon will be the top seed in Alliance, which is SO much further than neighboring Twinsburg.

After looking at the seeding, I could definitely see a scenario where Solon goes to Twinsburg, even if Green goes there…especially if they feel WJ would go to Alliance to be the top seed there. It appears that Alliance will most likely be the deepest of the three districts.

CSU claims “concerns about COVID.” Yet the Vikings mens and womenswear programs continue to play. The GLeague Cleveland Charge continues to play at the Wolstein. As a CSU alum, I’m disappointed they backed out. The truth is, there is little incentive for hosting these tournaments. It’s a big pain in the butt with little reward - some parking and concessions I guess? OHSAA makes the money on tickets.
While I understand your point, I believe it is also beneficial to get high school students and parents on your campus. Heck, if it helps convince even just one student, that is about $10,000 per year in tuition.

Actually, after looking at the brackets and the post from Goul, I’m curious if Flannery will choose to bypass Lakewood so he can go to Toledo?
My guess is that Ed's ends up at CSU so they can avoid Centerville until the state finals. The southwest region plays the northwest region and the Northeast region plays the central region in the state semifinals.

My guess is that Ed's ends up at CSU so they can avoid Centerville until the state finals. The southwest region plays the northwest region and the Northeast region plays the central region in the state semifinals.

That’s a very good call, I didn’t look that far down the line. It’ll be very interesting if he chooses to go with the easier regional or the better chance of making the state championship.

In the West, I wonder if Cleveland Heights and Shaker Heights will put themselves in a bracket with unbeaten Brecksville or a struggling Ignatius? Both lost to Ignatius – Cleveland Hts lost by 7 and Shaker Hts lost last night by 9. Will they want a rematch or will they see how good the Bees are? Brecksville’s unbeaten season is going to be challenged over the next 10 days with games @ Buchtel on the 12th and @ St. Edward on the 15th