NEO D1 Seeding Predictions

Arcy26

I miss the old Euclid District threads, so I thought I would start something up with the new super districts system. Any predictions on where some of the area D1 teams will seed?

Last edited:

Dover should be a high seed for NEO D1 1/2/3. I can’t imagine they would want to travel 1 1/2 with good weather to Euclid.

The other problem with picking Euclid is you could end up facing the Lakewood District winner in the Regional semis. This could potentially be higher ranked teams like St Edward or Brecksville.

Dover should be a high seed for NEO D1 1/2/3. I can’t imagine they would want to travel 1 1/2 with good weather to Euclid.

The other problem with picking Euclid is you could end up facing the Lakewood District winner in the Regional semis. This could potentially be higher ranked teams like St Edward or Brecksville.
Do you think Brecksville takes the Geographic District like Lakewood, even with with the possibility of having to play Eds, or do they go for Copley?

Last edited:
I would guess the Bees would pick away from the Eagles or vice versa depending on which team was seeded lower.

I'm getting the feeling that this could be Brush's year and I really don't understand why they aren't getting more hype. They play a good schedule and have been playing really well. They played St. Ed's in a close game that they probably should have won. If there is a rematch, that one could go either way. Other than that, I'm not sure there is another team in NEO that I wouldn't favor the Arcs over. They have to prove they can get over the hump and make a deep playoff run, but this could be the year.

I'm getting the feeling that this could be Brush's year and I really don't understand why they aren't getting more hype. They play a good schedule and have been playing really well. They played St. Ed's in a close game that they probably should have won. If there is a rematch, that one could go either way. Other than that, I'm not sure there is another team in NEO that I wouldn't favor the Arcs over. They have to prove they can get over the hump and make a deep playoff run, but this could be the year.
I think the reason they aren’t getting more hype is because of the fact they haven’t ever had a serious run, but I’m alright with them staying under the radar. I truly think that this team (if they stay healthy) can 100% make a run this year, they are that good. Offensively they are loaded with talent, and I would argue, defensively, they’re the best defensive team in the area.

I think the reason they aren’t getting more hype is because of the fact they haven’t ever had a serious run, but I’m alright with them staying under the radar. I truly think that this team (if they stay healthy) can 100% make a run this year, they are that good. Offensively they are loaded with talent, and I would argue, defensively, they’re the best defensive team in the area.
Well, we'll see about "the best defensive team in the area" on Friday night! ;) Hopefully the weather will allow it. It should be a fun game!

Coach Flannery is interviewed by the St. Ed's announcers prior to each game broadcast on the stedwardeagles website.
Prior to the Ignatius game, Flannery stated that Brush has the most talent team of any team in NE Ohio

Link to split of east/west

East - Euclid, Alliance, Twinsburg
West - Copley, Elyria (Catholic), Lakewood

Do you think Brecksville takes the Geographic District like Lakewood, even with with the possibility of having to play Eds, or do they go for Twinsburg?

Brecksville can’t end up in Twinsburg…my guess is they end up in Copley as the #2 seed in the west. Brush will end up in Euclid as the #1 in the east.

Here are the current records I found for all of the teams in the Northeast Region (Euclid, Twinsburg and Alliance Districts)

Alliance (12-3) Hoban (10-7) Aurora (6-9) Fitch (5-12) Boardman(10-6) Brush(14-2) McKinley (9-6) Cuyahoga Falls (4-12)
Dover (16-1) Ellet (8-10) Euclid(8-7) GlenOak (6-9) Green (16-2) Harvey (2-13) Hoover (13-4) Hudson (2-13)
'Jackson (10-7) Kenmore (5-10) Kenston (9-5) Lake (11-6) Lakeside (2-13) Madison (8-6) Mayfield (14-4) Mentor (10-6)
Nordonia (9-8) Akron North (1-13) Eastlake North (4-9) Perry (0-17) Riverside (6-8) Solon (14-4) South (5-11) Stow (8-8)
Kent (9-7) University School (4-11) Walsh Jesuit (14-2) Warren G Harding (9-6) Massillon (7-7)

Guesses on where seeds end up:

Euclid District- 1. Brush, 2. Solon 3. Mentor 4.Mayfield
Twinsburg District- 1. Green 2. Walsh 3. Jackson 4. Hoban
Alliance Dsitrict- 1. Dover 2. McKinley 3. Hoover 4. Lake

Guesses on where seeds end up:

Euclid District- 1. Brush, 2. Solon 3. Mentor 4.Mayfield
Twinsburg District- 1. Green 2. Walsh 3. Jackson 4. Hoban
Alliance Dsitrict- 1. Dover 2. McKinley 3. Hoover 4. Lake
If Green is the #2 overall seed, wouldn't they choose Alliance? Twinsburg would be an awful long drive for the Bulldogs if they could choose something closer.

With this info in mind my predictions for the top five in Euclid district are:

1. Brush
2. Solon
3. Mentor
4. Mayfield
5. Kenston

Brecksville can’t end up in Twinsburg…my guess is they end up in Copley as the #2 seed in the west. Brush will end up in Euclid as the #1 in the east.

Actually, after looking at the brackets and the post from Goul, I’m curious if Flannery will choose to bypass Lakewood so he can go to Toledo?

With this info in mind my predictions for the top five in Euclid district are:

1. Brush
2. Solon
3. Mentor
4. Mayfield
5. Kenston
My guess is that if Brush picks Euclid, Solon won't pick Euclid.
I would guess that Bruch picks Euclid, Green picks Alliance, and Solon picks Twinsburg.

My guess is that if Brush picks Euclid, Solon won't pick Euclid.
I would guess that Bruch picks Euclid, Green picks Alliance, and Solon picks Twinsburg.
I just hope Mentor vs Brush can happen. Solon usually picked Euclid in the old format I don’t understand why they wouldn’t this year ?

I just hope Mentor vs Brush can happen. Solon usually picked Euclid in the old format I don’t understand why they wouldn’t this year ?
In other formats, there were either only two options to pick districts, no option. For years Solon was forced to go to Euclid since they hosted a district.

Solon will go to Twinsburg for two reasons: the first is location; the second is to stay away from Brush, who will most likely head to Euclid.