Neil Young Demands Spotify Remove His Music Over Joe Rogan’s Vaccine Comments

Try to cancel and smear with claims of racism...rinse and repeat.
Also, the guy he’s quoting in a tweet is an obnoxious head. He’s an off brand Tom Clancy who spends all day tweeting DNC propaganda.

It was a blow to racism for me personally - the TV miniseries. I think I was 12 when it aired and it impacted me deeply. The injustice and evil of racism in general, and slavery in particular, was permanently installed in my soul.

It is true that many Africans were involved in the slave trade as we saw with the capture and sale of Kunta/Tobie and in America there were a few freedmen who owned slaves, but the primary market for slavery was created because many white people felt that they were a superior race and that negroes place in the world was to serve and be exploited by their superiors. FWIW
Slavery was created by people who thought they were superior sure...but it has nothing to do with white and black. It's a human condition, not a specifically racial one.

The idea that is sold in America that racism is uniquely white and the curse of slavery is uniquely black is to lack any perspective.

Every ethnic group harbors some racists and every ethnic group has been enslaved at one time or another throughout history.

The hypocrisy of the BLM, blacks are oppressed movement in concentrating solely on white treatment of blacks while ignoring blacks own responsibility in the slave trade is delusional. We see this manifested even today in turning a blind eye to the black on black crime that is a eminent threat to the community while highlighting the 1 in 100k white police officer that acts inappropriately.

Slavery was created by people who thought they were superior sure...but it has nothing to do with white and black. It's a human condition, not a specifically racial one.

The idea that is sold in America that racism is uniquely white and the curse of slavery is uniquely black is to lack any perspective.

Every ethnic group harbors some racists and every ethnic group has been enslaved at one time or another throughout history.

The hypocrisy of the BLM, blacks are oppressed movement in concentrating solely on white treatment of blacks while ignoring blacks own responsibility in the slave trade is delusional. We see this manifested even today in turning a blind eye to the black on black crime that is a eminent threat to the community while highlighting the 1 in 100k white police officer that acts inappropriately.
I wouldn't argue with the idea that slavery is a human problem.

I guess I would just point out that, from a slave's perspective - a slave taken from Africa to America from the 1600's into the early to mid-1800's - that they would have a much more focused understanding that would involve the facts that they are black and their owners and oppressors are white. So, here in America, I would submit that slavery was, almost exclusively, a black and white issue and we shouldn't try to minimize that, but rather celebrate that the institution itself was done away with by the efforts of a whole bunch of white people dragging the unwilling along, and that the underlying white superiority thinking that undergirded slavery has been marginalized. So, there has been a ton of progress toward equality and fulfilling the promises of the DOI and the Constitution.

Stern is a shell of his former self. Covid has apparently turned him into Howard Hughes where he’s basically a shut in. He doesn’t even go into the studio anymore, he should just retire.
You're surprised by this? He's always been a known germophobe. Anyone who's listed to him for more than 5 seconds knows that his is part of his schtick when broadcasting. Lol.

1644339774671.png

The Marines' Hymn literally says "to the shores of Tripoli." As in that conflict with the state where millions of white people were enslaved by the Sultan over centuries. Our very first war? Guess we all forgot that slavery works both ways.

It doesn't matter how a socioeconomic problem started. Perspective is needed, yes. But I'd certainly never think of myself as a slave. That's not healthy.

Hilarious....Neil's a virtue signaling twat.
He is. He's lost, politically, because he's living in the past, and is just another old coot rich beyond his desires, living "happily ever after" in his echo-chamber of contentedness, like others of his generation.

He's still a fave for me, regardless. Stupid old well-intentioned hippies are a pretty common thing. Too much pot - it is what it is 🤷‍♂️

He is. He's lost, politically, because he's living in the past, and is just another old coot rich beyond his desires, living "happily ever after" in his echo-chamber of contentedness, like others of his generation.

He's still a fave for me, regardless. Stupid old well-intentioned hippies are a pretty common thing. Too much pot - it is what it is 🤷‍♂️

I’ve got tickets to see Neil in May on his tour. Very much hoping he plays cowgirl in the sand and Cortez the killer.

I've been a big fan of Neil Young's music since I was in high school, but he can be a real douche. One of his douchey moves was bailing out in the middle of the 1976 Stills-Young Band tour because "it wasn't working". Who cares about Stills, the band, roadies, support personnel and the fans? Fortunately, I saw them in Cincinnati that year before Neil bailed. Good show. I would have been pizzed if that show was canceled.

When David Crosby was asked why he wanted Neil to rejoin CS&N after all the problems he caused, Crosby simply replied, "The songs, man! The songs!"

I’ve got tickets to see Neil in May on his tour. Very much hoping he plays cowgirl in the sand and Cortez the killer.
Cortez the killer, while full of truth, is the best example of what’s wrong with Neil Young. His romanticism of the Aztecs in that song is so delusional as to be hysterical. Selling “anti-colonialism” quite early, huh ?

He also wrote, “We are in Control” too, so he’s complicated.

I would vastly prefer to hear , a man needs a maid, sugar mountain, and old man. I love his poetry about human relationships.

Seen him at Blossoms on this tour...this was my favorite, great guitar...This was the last song and as it started Neil says "I'd like you to welcome a friend of mine Joe Walsh to help me out on this last song" They literally shredded their guitars and a backup guitar until their were no strings left, a good 20 min. of back and fourth guitar battle.

Doubt he will be around much longer, being all vaxxed up...such a shame he went over the top woke.

Seen him at Blossoms on this tour...this was my favorite, great guitar...This was the last song and as it started Neil says "I'd like you to welcome a friend of mine Joe Walsh to help me out on this last song" They literally shredded their guitars and a backup guitar until their were no strings left, a good 20 mine of back and fourth guitar battle.

Doubt he will be around much long being all vaxxed up...such a shame he went over the top woke.
A boy from north Ontario may have even leaned toward Canuck public health advisories, too.

Thanks for the music. I wish I would have been a little older, and had seen the James Gang in Kent.

Cortez the killer, while full of truth, is the best example of what’s wrong with Neil Young. His romanticism of the Aztecs in that song is so delusional as to be hysterical. Selling “anti-colonialism” quite early, huh ?

He also wrote, “We are in Control” too, so he’s complicated.

I would vastly prefer to hear , a man needs a maid, sugar mountain, and old man. I love his poetry about human relationships.

The song was written from the perspective of the Aztecs what else is it supposed to be?

The song was written from the perspective of the Aztecs what else is it supposed to be?
Honest ? It sounds like historical whitewash 🤷‍♂️

It's selective, like the Democrat news of today. (mine) with Neil's, below.

"Hate was just a legend, And war was never known (we took slaves from all that opposed us) The people (we enslaved) worked together. And they lifted many stones (until we cut their beating hearts out atop of the last pile of stones their dead relatives made)"

Honest ? It sounds like historical whitewash 🤷‍♂️

It's selective, like the Democrat news of today. (mine) with Neil's, below.

"Hate was just a legend, And war was never known (we took slaves from all that opposed us) The people (we enslaved) worked together. And they lifted many stones (until we cut their beating hearts out atop of the last pile of stones their dead relatives made)"

It’s selective? Most every song written has a measure of selectivity to it.

The song is written from an Aztecs perspective. Would you expect anything different?