NE8 2021

Depends on what makes a great year. From what I have seen there isn’t much difference between Struthers, Niles, Jefferson, Girard and Hubbard. All those should be very competitive. If you want close, hard to predict games then yes you got it. Lakeview just got beat up bad by two smaller schools so if they don’t beat Liberty this week, it’s a real possibility they go 0-10…their junior varsity is getting beat up too so looks like a long road back to respectability. I would also put SR and Poland just a little ahead of pack. SR victory over Springfield is a little less impressive now that we know Springfield isn’t the same team. I wonder how many games get cancelled in the coming weeks though, might be my imagination but it seems like more games are getting cancelled this season than last.
I disagree. NMS can make a runjust like last year. Brookfield is pretty decent this year. As a hubbard guy I would be pretty disappointed if they struggled with Niles/Jefferson/Girard. not saying it won't happen. But those 3 should be big wins for the eagles.

I disagree. NMS can make a runjust like last year. Brookfield is pretty decent this year. As a hubbard guy I would be pretty disappointed if they struggled with Niles/Jefferson/Girard. not saying it won't happen. But those 3 should be big wins for the eagles.
Jefferson took Hubbard to the wire last season.
anything can happen

And I didn't say it couldnt. But c'mon. Your telling me you don't expect your team to pound jefferson every year? If our o line and running back who might be the best in the area can't roll on Jefferson, something is absolutely wrong.
Type with caution my friend. Jefferson is good for one upset this year. I don't believe it'll be against Poland, SR, or Hubbard. But never say never.

And I didn't say it couldnt. But c'mon. Your telling me you don't expect your team to pound jefferson every year? If our o line and running back who might be the best in the area can't roll on Jefferson, something is absolutely wrong.
A lot has to go wrong for most teams to lose to Jefferson lol

Jefferson should be 3-0 going into NE8 play.
Originally I thought 4-6. Now 5-5 or 6-4 wouldn’t surprise me.
Struthers, Girard, Niles are winnable. And they should kill Lakeview.

So just another slap in the face for Lakeview as I look at some weekend stats . Both the freshman that left for Warren JFK and Warren Harding scored touchdowns in their VARSITY games. Thomas Easton and Drew McKowan. Granted the games were already out of hand but it’s still impressive . My point is Lakeview doesn’t have an offensive point this year . They scored on a fumble return . The good news if you can call it that is the JV s tied Garfield yesterday 6-6. Get your playoff tickets now lol

Last edited:
So just another slap in the face for Lakeview as I look at some weekend stats . Both the freshman that left for Warren JFK and Warren Harding scored touchdowns in their VARSITY games. Thomas Easton and Drew McKowan. Granted the games were already out of hand . My point is Lakeview doesn’t have an offensive point this year . They scored on a fumble return . The good news if you can call it that is the JV s tied Garfield yesterday 6-6. Get your playoff tickets now lol
Gotta get those kids back into the system

Gotta get those kids back into the system
Ya I’m trying . It’s a hard sell if Lakeview goes 0-10. It’s like trying to sell a beat up car haha. However I have seen them around the scrimmages and jv games so I know their curious about the new coaching and stuff. Big week coming up . I’m predicting a Lakeview home victory over Liberty in a high scoring shootout lol

I don't know, but it seems like South Range would be the best team in the Fed this year?
Maybe so. I couldn't tell you who the best team in the Fed will end up being to say how South Range would stack up. This CCC team has a lot of holes, starting with the run defense. Tonight was the same margin as CCC's loss last week to Norwayne, but this was a much bigger blowout than the final score indicates. CCC had a 3rd qtr. lead against Norwayne last week. Tonight, 22 pts. was as close as CCC was after South Range raced out to a 28-0 lead. South Range is a fun team to watch even when my school is on the receiving end of a drubbing.

I don't know, but it seems like South Range would be the best team in the Fed this year?
Perry is in bad bad shape this year. You can’t really compare the federal league by them. They won’t win a league game. McKinley, Jackson would be running clock. Green, Hoover and Lake beat em by three touchdowns. GlenOak, although just starting to get program back to respectable with former coach, they win by two or three touchdowns also. Range is a good team but the size and speed difference playing these teams would be much greater than you would think. I don’t think it would be pretty. Compare Range to Austintown Fitch and Warren Harding, same idea here for the most part.

Ya I’m trying . It’s a hard sell if Lakeview goes 0-10. It’s like trying to sell a beat up car haha. However I have seen them around the scrimmages and jv games so I know their curious about the new coaching and stuff. Big week coming up . I’m predicting a Lakeview home victory over Liberty in a high scoring shootout lol
We’ll I almost had it right .34-28 in overtime . Liberty wins

Week 3 results
Struthers- Loss
Poland win
Lakeview loss
South Range win
Hubbard win
Niles win
Girard win
Jefferson win

6-2 this week.
Conference play begins!
my predictions-

Hubbard vs Poland———— Poland 28-19
Struthers vs South Range——— Range 46-12
Lakeview vs Niles——— Niles 34-14
Girard vs Jefferson——- Girard 27-17

If Poland and SR both win then you're looking at the league championship game next week -- in Week 2 of conference play. Which, I guess, is better than last year when it was in Week 1,

Perry is in bad bad shape this year. You can’t really compare the federal league by them. They won’t win a league game. McKinley, Jackson would be running clock. Green, Hoover and Lake beat em by three touchdowns. GlenOak, although just starting to get program back to respectable with former coach, they win by two or three touchdowns also. Range is a good team but the size and speed difference playing these teams would be much greater than you would think. I don’t think it would be pretty. Compare Range to Austintown Fitch and Warren Harding, same idea here for the most part.
YtownJohnny, I know they wouldn't win the Fed and was just joking. But, it is the same crazy logic that Louisville's AD is using. Just because you are good against schools your own size or smaller does not mean those same kids would win against bigger schools week after week.

I
I watched the end, was the kid in the end zone for lakeview I know they rules him outer was he in
It sure looked it . He landed with one foot in and one foot out . I’m not sure if it matters which one hits first. I’ll find out after the look at the film .

Correct. And that’s what you’ll see.
I would not be all surprised if Hubbard beat Poland this year. Poland has not looked that great. If that happens, then obviously it would come down to week 10, with Hubbard/South Range. Of course unless there is upsets, major injuries, or stupid covid protocols

I would not be all surprised if Hubbard beat Poland this year. Poland has not looked that great. If that happens, then obviously it would come down to week 10, with Hubbard/South Range. Of course unless there is upsets, major injuries, or stupid covid protocols
They haven’t looked great but they gave Canfield all they wanted for 3 1/2 quarters who is miles better then Mooney or norwayne, that’s why I’ll take Poland in a close one. Also, hubbards offensive strength is also Poland’s strength on defense. Fulton will be the difference to me and I’ll go 24-21 but obviously it can go either way