South Range wins
struthers wins
hubbard wins
jefferson wins
lakeview loses
Poland loses
niles loses
girard loses
Pretty much what I expected. I wouldn't had been surprised if Springfield had won last night, but the Raiders look to be a very, very solid team again this year. Another tough game next week with University....we'll have to see if there is any let down following such a big rivalry game victory.

Not sure if Jefferson is that good this year or is Grand Valley having a down season. A good with for the Falcons none the less.

There always seems to be some upsets in week 2. Teams get really jacked up for that opening night and then fall a little flat in week 2, while those that loss in week 1 come back with determination. Should be interesting to see what happens in week 2.

Pretty much what I expected. I wouldn't had been surprised if Springfield had won last night, but the Raiders look to be a very, very solid team again this year. Another tough game next week with University....we'll have to see if there is any let down following such a big rivalry game victory.

Not sure if Jefferson is that good this year or is Grand Valley having a down season. A good with for the Falcons none the less.

There always seems to be some upsets in week 2. Teams get really jacked up for that opening night and then fall a little flat in week 2, while those that loss in week 1 come back with determination. Should be interesting to see what happens in week 2.
Springfield looked like a 1 man show last night. Kid did everything on offense. And defense. I don’t think (I could be wrong) Springfield is nearly as good as a team as last year.

Range is as advertised. They arguably have the best HC in the area and one of the best backs in the area. They will be tough to beat. SL needs some other players to step up offensively to make another run. I think that they 9-1 to finish the season. They could be dangerous if they develop some players which they should considering their schedule.

The Raiders looked really good last night but I can see potential losses against Hubbard and Poland in NE8.

Last edited:
Range is as advertised. They arguably have the best HC in the area and one of the best backs in the area. They will be tough to beat. SL needs some other players to step up offensively to make another run. I think that they 9-1 to finish the season. They could be dangerous if they develop some players which they should considering their schedule.
Agree on Dan, and he would tell you that his long tenured staff is the secret to his success.

Grand Valley has been down for a few years now. But I still think Jefferson Will be a lot better this year. Unfortunately for them, I don’t see them winning many NE8 games. Talented Junior class. 4-6.

LaBrae really has a great squad this year. Should be a force in Region 21. Only teams that will challenge them in the MVAC are Garfield and Brookfield.

Gonna take more than one offseason to rebuild Lakeview.
When you’re a D4 school idc what D6 team you’re playing if you can’t score a point. I don’t see one win on their schedule

Wow I thought lakeview would be better when pav left. They might be worse
Going to be a long couple more seasons for the Bulldog, lack of talent is obvious. New staff has brought some energy and the team is much better coached with Pav gone. Hopefully the kids and staff keeps working hard and buy in, going to be a lot of whoopings this season

I think we all can just predict "Lakeview - Loss" for rest of year. No need to include that any more. Heh.

It'll be an interesting league. I would bet against a sole league winner right now. We'll know a bunch right out of the gate:

Week 3: SR at Struthers; Poland at Hubbard. Week 4: SR at Poland; Hubbard at Struthers. And then Week 10: Hubbard at SR; Struthers at Poland.

Based on a very preliminary assessment, that's a brutal opening for Struthers. Wow. Poland can essentially win the league by Week 4. Hubbard and SR can set up a season-ending showdown. Or, most likely, there will be some sort of split of games that leads to co-champs (IMO).

I think we all can just predict "Lakeview - Loss" for rest of year. No need to include that any more. Heh.

It'll be an interesting league. I would bet against a sole league winner right now. We'll know a bunch right out of the gate:

Week 3: SR at Struthers; Poland at Hubbard. Week 4: SR at Poland; Hubbard at Struthers. And then Week 10: Hubbard at SR; Struthers at Poland.

Based on a very preliminary assessment, that's a brutal opening for Struthers. Wow. Poland can essentially win the league by Week 4. Hubbard and SR can set up a season-ending showdown. Or, most likely, there will be some sort of split of games that leads to co-champs (IMO).
Yes Struthers starts conference play with South Range and end it with Poland. Really not ideal. But, and they have the weaker part of the schedule between those schools so that can work to their advantage. The Girard, jefferson niles Lakeview part.

SR, Hubbard, Poland and Struthers play each other in Weeks 3, 4 and 10. Weeks 5-9 are made up of playing the weaker part of the schedule. And, all due to respect to Niles and Girard and even Jefferson a little -- I don't want to necessarily lump them in with Lakeview, who is horrific. But, you're right -- those are games that you have to win.

So, the league race will be really exciting out of the gate and the, depending how things go, maybe exciting in Week 10.

Shaping up to be a great year for the league
Depends on what makes a great year. From what I have seen there isn’t much difference between Struthers, Niles, Jefferson, Girard and Hubbard. All those should be very competitive. If you want close, hard to predict games then yes you got it. Lakeview just got beat up bad by two smaller schools so if they don’t beat Liberty this week, it’s a real possibility they go 0-10…their junior varsity is getting beat up too so looks like a long road back to respectability. I would also put SR and Poland just a little ahead of pack. SR victory over Springfield is a little less impressive now that we know Springfield isn’t the same team. I wonder how many games get cancelled in the coming weeks though, might be my imagination but it seems like more games are getting cancelled this season than last.