My Favorite Photo from the 2022 State Cross Country Meet

Lancermania

Lancers lead the way!
It's a rare day when one school wins both the boys and girls state championship in the same year. I stumbled upon this photo taken by Joe Schachleiter by accident, never knew it existed.
1670001930887.png

Curious if this Joe Schachleiter is related to Mike Schachleiter who ran on the 71-73 Elder xc teams.He finished 4th in 73 to lead Elder to the state championship.

Curious if this Joe Schachleiter is related to Mike Schachleiter who ran on the 71-73 Elder xc teams.He finished 4th in 73 to lead Elder to the state championship.
Name is uncommon enough to wonder. Mike was genuine good guy then and still is now. I can only remember their top 5. In addition to "Shach", there was Joe Murphy, Richard Mendel, Jay Schleibaum , and Jim Waters. Helluva team.

Last edited:
Name is uncommon enough to wonder. Mike was genuine good guy then and still is now. I can only remember their top 5. In addition to "Shach", there was Joe Murphy, Richard Mendel, Jay Schleibaum , and Jim Waters. Helluva team.
I lived next door to Joe Murphy when he ran on that team. I didn’t know what cross country was back then.