MVL 2023-24

People just don’t like the fact that the visitor side stands at Tipp seat basically 250 people. But not many teams even fill the visitor side out, and the amount of stands on the home side is perfect for Tipp. Tipp’s stands are actually filled every Friday night, which is a lot nicer than some of these schools like Sidney who have a beautiful facility yet can’t even fill it up halfway. As far as atmosphere, you can’t beat Tipp’s atmosphere and home field advantage it creates, everyone is right on top of the field, even in the end zones along the fences and it’s beautifully situated in the park. And SLM20, if you just walk around to behind the home stands you’ll find really nice new restrooms.
I just don't understand standing along the fence. I don't care what anyone says. You can't see a damn thing standing. Hell even at Sidney the top row is way better than the bottom row of the bucket seats. At the top you're on top of the field.

I do agree with you about filling the stands. The sad thing is no one fills big stadiums anymore. Even playoff games don't fill the stands anymore. I feel awful for the players. Everyone is at home looking at there smart phones. As everyone knows it use to be a community thing to go to the games. There is no community in anything anymore.

Enough talk about the stadium. I respect how Tipp plays and I wish you good luck in the playoffs. Go kick some .

Tipp has the worst stadium in the entire MVL and it's not even close. The turf is just turf, I have said this before saying the the turf is good despite the stadium is like saying your girl is has a nice personality even though she is ugly. You would be hard to find 4 or 5 worse stadiums in the entire Dayton area than that place.

To the Piqua-Sidney game, the Piqua defense was pretty solid vs Xenia but they gave up some yards just found a way to stop drives. Xenia missed a field goal right before half in a series I'm not sure what the Xenia coaching staff was doing. The Piqua offense is putrid and as predictable as yard stick. With the early prediction for rain could make it very hard to watch.
Looking for a close game. Damn this is are year to beat Piqua. I just think the two offensive players being out has just deflated this team on offense. The defense like I said is pretty damn good.

I was so frustrated with are play calling on Friday. We threw a couple times to are 6'4 receiver. He has got to get at least 10 balls thrown to him this week.

The first team to 14 may win this game.

Looking for a close game. Damn this is are year to beat Piqua. I just think the two offensive players being out has just deflated this team on offense. The defense like I said is pretty damn good.

I was so frustrated with are play calling on Friday. We threw a couple times to are 6'4 receiver. He has got to get at least 10 balls thrown to him this week.

The first team to 14 may win this game.

Piqua went 0-1 passing Friday vs Xenia and it's not like the running game was working. They only had 177 total yards. I've seen pee wee games with more creative play calling.

I have said it before, and I will say it again. The two division format is stupid. Troy, Butler and Tipp will most likely be tri-champs.

But there's a decent chance of a 4-team tie - all with losing conference records - as the Valley Champions. That would mean 7 teams would be declared Champions.

C'mon, do better and change it.

I have said it before, and I will say it again. The two division format is stupid. Troy, Butler and Tipp will most likely be tri-champs.

But there's a decent chance of a 4-team tie - all with losing conference records - as the Valley Champions. That would mean 7 teams would be declared Champions.

Alternative solution if they truly want to keep divisions. Let the teams play 2 or 3 nonconference games, then just don't play everyone from the other division. This would give teams like Tipp/Troy/Butler/Piqua the ability to play some more challenging games early in the year, and avoid playing all of the bad Valley division teams every year that don't help prepare the teams for the postseason.

Butler beat Tipp
Tipp beat Troy
Troy beat Butler

How do you DO BETTER?

The conference is competitive. Everyone is almost equal. On any night anyone can win except Greenville. That is a bad thing? Come on man!!!

Alternative solution if they truly want to keep divisions. Let the teams play 2 or 3 nonconference games, then just don't play everyone from the other division. This would give teams like Tipp/Troy/Butler/Piqua the ability to play some more challenging games early in the year, and avoid playing all of the bad Valley division teams every year that don't help prepare the teams for the postseason.
Its like Xenia beating everyone last year never happened.

Really enjoying the league this year. Every game matters and is competitive. Butler has good play calling. Their season has been great. Kids arent getting cursed at all week long and coaches arent losing their minds like in the past.

Butler beat Tipp
Tipp beat Troy
Troy beat Butler

How do you DO BETTER?

The conference is competitive. Everyone is almost equal. On any night anyone can win except Greenville. That is a bad thing? Come on man!!!
You need to work on your reading comprehension. There is a good chance the MVL will award 7 Championship banners in a ten team league. Four would have losing Conference & Overall records. What kind of accomplishment is that?

Thursday night final:

Tippecanoe - 46
Stebbins - 0

Was not competitive from the start, and Tipp was up 43-0 at the half.
Went to sleep when it was 30-0 mid way through the 2nd quarter, thought it would be worse. I thought the Stebbins left tackle is a UC signee...Good size, athletic looking kid but DI talent...nope. The body language of the Stebbins kids said it all. To me, it doesn't seem like a lot of confidence in their team dynamic or there may be more individuals than team players.

You need to work on your reading comprehension. There is a good chance the MVL will award 7 Championship banners in a ten team league. Four would have losing Conference & Overall records. What kind of accomplishment is that?
I'm forced to agree with you. The WBL has 10 teams without divisions, and they seem to do fine awarding single championships for each sport. If you're all playing each other equally, it's unnecessary to have divisions. I'm fine with it if it would go to 12 teams. Then you can have 5 games, two league crossovers that also count, and then 3 true nonleague games.

Sidney wins it 21-17
If you take away the massive amount of Piqua penalties, I actually didn’t think they looked as bad as I thought they’d be. But SOOO many penalties

They gave up a 99 yard go ahead TD drive the offense play calling was comical again. This season can't end soon enough!

Sidney wins it 21-17
If you take away the massive amount of Piqua penalties, I actually didn’t think they looked as bad as I thought they’d be. But SOOO many penalties
I think there should've been more holding penalties against them. Also, I'd like to hear someone o Piqua's sides opinion about the pass interference on 14 on Sidney. Didn't look like pass interference from Sidney's side.

They also said the hitting the long snapper on the punt in the first half was a bad call. The players after the game said at halftime they watched the play. They said the center hit 81 first, then 81 hit him. Any way I'm proud of Sidney for fighting back and winning the game.

They gave up a 99 yard go ahead TD drive the offense play calling was comical again. This season can't end soon enough!
In my opinion Piqua should've tried rolling their QB out more. I think that was hurting Sidney a little. Kind of a bland running attack as well. Good luck next week.

I think there should've been more holding penalties against them. Also, I'd like to hear someone o Piqua's sides opinion about the pass interference on 14 on Sidney. Didn't look like pass interference from Sidney's side.

They also said the hitting the long snapper on the punt in the first half was a bad call. The players after the game said at halftime they watched the play. They said the center hit 81 first, then 81 hit him. Any way I'm proud of Sidney for fighting back and winning the game.

The first pass interference call was legit, the 2nd one I think it looked clean.

I've got no comment on the hitting the snapper, wasn't looking for it.

The first pass interference call was legit, the 2nd one I think it looked clean.

I've got no comment
Yes the first one was definitely pass interference. I wasn't watching the snapper penalty either. I was just going by what the players were saying after the game. Thanks for your opinion. Sad to say this is the second time that I've seen Sidney beat Piqua. First was 89, that should make you feel better about your season. Always respect your posts.

I'm forced to agree with you. The WBL has 10 teams without divisions, and they seem to do fine awarding single championships for each sport. If you're all playing each other equally, it's unnecessary to have divisions. I'm fine with it if it would go to 12 teams. Then you can have 5 games, two league crossovers that also count, and then 3 true nonleague games.
This year, the Valley Division championship is a glorified participation trophy.

I said it pre-season and I'll say it again. The conference has been very competitive this year. Troy, Tipp, and Butler are all neck and neck. In my opinion, Tipp played down against Butler but that's no excuse. Good teams rise to the occasion and Tipp didn't that week. They had the chance to win the game multiple times at the end but Butler held strong and Tipp made some questionable play calls I thought. Haven't seen a Butler team this strong in years- glad they are getting competitive again!! Unless something crazy happens, we will have a 3 way tie for the conference and for anyone complaining, just stop and appreciate that the conference is actually becoming strong again.

On point. I’ve had said that Butler and Tipp could play 10 times and Tipp wins 9 times. Definitely think they played down that game and just didn’t bring it. I hope they meet again for a playoff rematch.

On point. I’ve had said that Butler and Tipp could play 10 times and Tipp wins 9 times. Definitely think they played down that game and just didn’t bring it. I hope they meet again for a playoff rematch.

A rematch is highly unlikely, I think as long as they both win I see Tipp jumping Butler to take the #3 spot and Butler in #4. Obviously a lot can change around them to but it doesn't look like Badin gets beat. But Celina vs Wapak could make the top spots interesting, but if all 4 top teams wins that's how I think it'll look. Which means they both would need to make the regional final to see each other again and neither team is likely to make it that far.

Wasn’t sure how that would work. I agree that Butler won’t make it out of the first or second round but I do think Tipp has what it takes to get back where they were last year and maybe beyond. As we say in these parts “In Burgbacher We Trust!”

Heard that Jahari Ward from Troy may have suffered an injury on Friday night. Can anybody confirm? Troy's first round opponent figures to be pretty weak according to Drew Pasteur's probabilities but second round would be tough without your best player.

Heard that Jahari Ward from Troy may have suffered an injury on Friday night. Can anybody confirm? Troy's first round opponent figures to be pretty weak according to Drew Pasteur's probabilities but second round would be tough without your best player.

I didn’t attend the game so I’m not sure. I hope not though because we would be in trouble. He is our offense. Although our backup is good too, Dakota Manson. Just a way different type of player. Think of Ward as a Derrick Henry type and Manson as a Darren Sproles.

But ya I’d be curious to see if he’a hurt or not. I truly hope not.