MVL 2023-24

After looking at the stats from Xenia vs Fairborn, it looks like Fairborn dominated on the ground. Knowing that both Xenia and Butler run a similar defense, is this one going to be closer than the experts think? Would love to hear someone chime in who knows either team. Also, does Xenia bounce back against Troy? I assume Tipp bounces back this week and Piqua Rolls.

I’d hate to be Sidney tonight. Tipp hasn’t lost back to back games in eons and believe me Burgbacher will have those boys worked up into a froth. Tipp rolls in this one.

Troy wins tonight and Piqua wins too. Fairborn will “upset” Butler but it won’t really be an upset. They will run all over that defense like Cael did last week. Kid darn near put up 200 yards on them and and averaged 8 yards a carry.

I’d hate to be Sidney tonight. Tipp hasn’t lost back to back games in eons and believe me Burgbacher will have those boys worked up into a froth. Tipp rolls in this one.

Troy wins tonight and Piqua wins too. Fairborn will “upset” Butler but it won’t really be an upset. They will run all over that defense like Cael did last week. Kid darn near put up 200 yards on them and and averaged 8 yards a carry.
Then why did you pick sidney in the mvl pick'em??

If Schultz can refrain from throwing multiple INTs, which has happened in each of Tipp's last 2 games, they should win against Sidney. The offense just needs to lean on the Liettes and give Schultz easy throws then they should be fine.

If Schultz can refrain from throwing multiple INTs, which has happened in each of Tipp's last 2 games, they should win against Sidney. The offense just needs to lean on the Liettes and give Schultz easy throws then they should be fine.
Bingo! Just can’t beat ourselves like we did against Butler.

Devils were cooking tonight baby! Look for this team to make a very deep playoff run again. Sometimes you can just feel these things! Special group of guys for sure!
You picked Sidney to win. They will not make it out of the region. Trotwood and Badin will beat them. Tipp blew a team out that quit after halftime. Again got tired and quit against a decent team. Was 7 to 6 with 4 minutes to go in the first half. Tipp was smart and toasted are worst defensive player, for a deep pass to make it 12 to 7.

Then are coach, who got outcoached really bad tonight, throws the ball on 3 down for an interception. Run the damn ball 3 times and got into half down 12 to 7. You don't put the ball in are QBs hands in that situation. That was the game, Tipp scored and Sidney quit like they've gotten use to. I'll say it one more time, these players still have the old coaches loser mentality. Well were down by 2 score so lets quit.

Congrats to Tipp, that is one great coach.

You need to stick with your day job. Butler hammered Fairborn. And they beat Tipp. 😂😂😂

We're totally going to have a 3 way tie for the Miami division with Tipp/Butler/Troy all going 8-1 in conference aren't we?

We finally have an MVL team appearing in the AP state polls this year, and it's Troy, coming in tied for #12 in D2. Are they really the 12th best team in D2? Unlikely, but apparently some voters thought so. I would imagine Butler and Tipp could appear in the D3 poll near the end of the season if they can both finish out 8-2, and Tipp specifically just due to the name recognition from last year's run to the final 4.

EDIT: Upon further review, Xenia was actually in the other's receiving votes in the poll from 9/18, and actually got a first place vote somehow in the week 9/11 poll

We finally have an MVL team appearing in the AP state polls this year, and it's Troy, coming in tied for #12 in D2. Are they really the 12th best team in D2? Unlikely, but apparently some voters thought so. I would imagine Butler and Tipp could appear in the D3 poll near the end of the season if they can both finish out 8-2, and Tipp specifically just due to the name recognition from last year's run to the final 4.

EDIT: Upon further review, Xenia was actually in the other's receiving votes in the poll from 9/18, and actually got a first place vote somehow in the week 9/11 poll

It’s shocking to see Troy ranked even 12th. They aren’t on par with any of those top 10 teams. They are good, but not great. It would be nice to see them win a couple of playoff games though. I will say this though…. They do have one of the best defenses in the area and one of the best rbs. Outside of that they are pretty mediocre

Sidney now doesn't have Fleming along with Spradling. Would have loved to see how the Tipp game would have been had they had both, or even one. Really says a lot they were in it as long as they were without their only real offense.

As good as Butler's D is, Friday may be a long night.

Sidney now doesn't have Fleming along with Spradling. Would have loved to see how the Tipp game would have been had they had both, or even one. Really says a lot they were in it as long as they were without their only real offense.

I wouldn't pick Sidney in any of the remainder of their games. Maybe Piqua but even that is up in the air without Spradling and Fleming.

I wouldn't pick Sidney in any of the remainder of their games. Maybe Piqua but even that is up in the air without Spradling and Fleming.
Last week, this week and against Troy it wouldn't matter who we have on offense. The problem is are tackles are lazy and can't block. Then there is the player taking the snaps. We have to quit trying to pull are guards and tackles, they're to slow. We need to line up and run right at other teams.

The poor defense isn't bad but they can't be on the field as long as they have been against the better teams.

What happened to those two kids?

This game I think will be closer then expected. Butler's offense has came to life over the last couple of weeks but the passing defense has struggled at times. Overall the defense is good but if Sidney is smart, they are trying to throw the ball. Seeing that Sidney's QB leads the league in passing yards, this one might be close. I think Butler will pull it out, but you never know with the way the league is this year.

What happened to those two kids?

This game I think will be closer then expected. Butler's offense has came to life over the last couple of weeks but the passing defense has struggled at times. Overall the defense is good but if Sidney is smart, they are trying to throw the ball. Seeing that Sidney's QB leads the league in passing yards, this one might be close. I think Butler will pull it out, but you never know with the way the league is this year.
Anyone is free to correct me if I am wrong but pretty sure Spradling fractured his collarbone a few weeks ago and Fleming was involved in a fight (Not in School) and was either suspended or completely kicked off the team.

Anyone is free to correct me if I am wrong but pretty sure Spradling fractured his collarbone a few weeks ago and Fleming was involved in a fight (Not in School) and was either suspended or completely kicked off the team.
He was kicked off the team for throwing punches at his girlfriend, her mother and her friend by starbucks in Kroger. A senior dad in the stands showed me the video of the fight. Spradling does have a small fracture of the collarbone.