MVL 2022

Well Troy is definitely not back, and Tipp is losing to Sidney in a close game, while Bellbrook blows Miamisburg out. High school football is a funny sport.

Bold prediction- And I will eat my words if I'm wrong today..... Troy is back and will beat a solid team in Xenia today Badly. I look for Troy by 2-3 td's. Troy is back baby! Praying I'm right!
A lesson I’ve learned many times, don’t count your chicken before they hatch

Troy trying to make a comeback with 2 straight TDs, now down 37-20 to Xenia. Probably still too late but they're making an effort.

I would say that beating a bad Dunbar team doesn’t equate to being back. Now maybe Xenia is just that legit, but we won’t find out till they play Tipp and Piqua. Tipp found themselves in the second half and won comfortably, the score should have been 34-14 but we ran the ball with 20 seconds left and fumbled it and Sidney was able to recover it for a score.
the fact that Bellbrook just beat up a good Miamisburg team tells me that Tipp is also legit, especially their defense.

Badin is going to be hard to beat, but Tipp very well looks like they could be a top 3 team In the region (D3 Region 12). Matt is just such a good coach and has built a really nice staff. I still think Piqua is going to beat Tipp, and Xenia could also be a tough game, but 9-1, 8-2 is not out of the question for Tipp, and with Bellbrook beating a good Miamisburg team, Tipp will continue to get a lot of Harbins through the year from beating Bellbrook. I could see another rematch coming in the playoffs.

Badin is going to be hard to beat, but Tipp very well looks like they could be a top 3 team In the region (D3 Region 12). Matt is just such a good coach and has built a really nice staff. I still think Piqua is going to beat Tipp, and Xenia could also be a tough game, but 9-1, 8-2 is not out of the question for Tipp, and with Bellbrook beating a good Miamisburg team, Tipp will continue to get a lot of Harbins through the year from beating Bellbrook. I could see another rematch coming in the playoffs.
Tipp’s slow start in the first half caught me by surprise. I thought they would run over Sidney out of the gate. Bellbrook beating Miamisburg surprised me as well. I’m not sure what to think of Troy now after their game tonight. Xenia looks to be the team to beat on the Valley side.

Tipp’s slow start in the first half caught me by surprise. I thought they would run over Sidney out of the gate. Bellbrook beating Miamisburg surprised me as well. I’m not sure what to think of Troy now after their game tonight. Xenia looks to be the team to beat on the Valley side.
Tipp has some offensive issues, but under Matt, they usually have started the season slow on offense and improved over the year. Also, for some reason, since joining the same league, Sidney has always played Tipp tough. I can say confidently though that Tipp’s D is legit, they have only given up 23 points in 2 games, Sidney and Bellbrook both have respectable offenses.
when Troy hired this new coach I said that in a few years they could be dangerous running the Wing-T, but that it wasn’t going to happen over night and that is clearly evident. The question is, how long are Troy faithful willing to wait and how much are they willing to endure until the system is in place and the kids can run it like it needs to be ran. The Wing-T is not something you can just introduce to kids who have never experienced it and expect them to be great in it/at it this soon. I’m sorry TroyTrojans05, but you really got ahead of yourself.

Tipp has some offensive issues, but under Matt, they usually have started the season slow on offense and improved over the year. Also, for some reason, since joining the same league, Sidney has always played Tipp tough. I can say confidently though that Tipp’s D is legit, they have only given up 23 points in 2 games, Sidney and Bellbrook both have respectable offenses.
when Troy hired this new coach I said that in a few years they could be dangerous running the Wing-T, but that it wasn’t going to happen over night and that is clearly evident. The question is, how long are Troy faithful willing to wait and how much are they willing to endure until the system is in place and the kids can run it like it needs to be ran. The Wing-T is not something you can just introduce to kids who have never experienced it and expect them to be great in it/at it this soon. I’m sorry TroyTrojans05, but you really got ahead of yourself
in previous years there, all the lower grades also ran the wing-t so it was second nature when the kids got to HS. not sure if that is happening now.

Piqua should be plenty fresh and healthy going into the Troy game next week. We take nothing for granted in this rivalry but Piqua will be difficult to slow down on offense. We should know more about Piqua's defensive line facing the Wing T. This is a really sound football team other than that question mark.

Obviously the transitive property doesn't always translate, but Bellbrook beating Miamisburg yesterday feels like it says something about Tipp. Tipp had their own issues yesterday against Sidney in the first half, so if they can clean up their pass defense and some scheming and decision making on offense, I feel like on their best day they could give Piqua a game. Piqua is still in a league of their own if you ask me though. The Tipp-Xenia game in a few weeks looks to be a great measuring stick.

in previous years there, all the lower grades also ran the wing-t so it was second nature when the kids got to HS. not sure if that is happening now.
I believe this to have been the case under Burgbacher but it’s been what, 4/5 years since he was at Troy, so I don’t think that really has an affect anymore