Moeller vs UA

crusader0443

Moeller has been known this year to step up in the big games, is it possible that they could pull off the upset against UA?

they step up and still lose, and this will be no different. actually, i think it'll be worse than the last time they played UA.

i'll take UA by 10.

:shrug: Step up and lose? Moe has gone 16-4 with only 2 losses since dropping their first 2 games to Jerome and Kilbourne against WRA and UA by a combined 7 goals or something.

I'm guessing Moe has been thinking about this rematch and has some ideas on how to get some offense going. Big question will be whether the defense can play the kind of game they did in first meeting and keep UA down to 5-7 goals.

If they do, I'm guessing Eric Huster pulls out the game of his life in goal and Moe pulls off the upset of the decade!

It could happen... but don't bet your college savings on it.

:shrug: Step up and lose? Moe has gone 16-4 with only 2 losses since dropping their first 2 games to Jerome and Kilbourne against WRA and UA by a combined 7 goals or something.

I'm guessing Moe has been thinking about this rematch and has some ideas on how to get some offense going. Big question will be whether the defense can play the kind of game they did in first meeting and keep UA down to 5-7 goals.

If they do, I'm guessing Eric Huster pulls out the game of his life in goal and Moe pulls off the upset of the decade!

It could happen... but don't bet your college savings on it.

that moron isn't going to college... the diagnosis... moe-envy, it's an epidemic

Last edited:
"big games" = western reserve and UA and they played better than people expected but they still lost and i think that will be the same case this time. UA is playing top notch lacrosse right now and i don't think anyone in ohio especially in r4 is capable of knocking them off. don't get me wrong it would be great to see a cinci victory but i dont think its going to happen.

yeah, and you would know..especially since you were at the WRA game. The game against WRA was lost because of a few very minor mistakes by Moeller. If that game was played in Cincinnati, Moeller would have beaten them. You obviously just dont want Moeller to win, personally..I think that they could pull off this upset, but its no easy task.

I can't see Moeller winning this one; UA is just dominating right now. I'd love to see a R4 team in the D1 finals, but I don't think this is the year. Moeller is a very, very good team, but UA is just the top-dog in Ohio that I don't think anyone is going to knock off.

Good luck to them, however, and I do hope that they can pull it off.

This post brought to you by the school that can't figure out how to acquire a home field...:rolleyes:

are you honestly an X dad? please tell me its just a s/n and not a reality. if so, i really feel bad for your kid. what kind of chance does he have if his dad is a high school sports internet message board troll?

This post brought to you by the school that can't figure out how to acquire a home field...:rolleyes:

This brings up an interesting question again!!
X-Daddy, did you go to St. X?

There is always an ongoing debate as to whether X people are born as a**holes or if St. X makes them that way?

If you went to X, then it could still be either way. If you didn't go to X, then we know you were born that way!!

Which is it?

First off, why are all the Moeller posters getting so heated when people are predicting UA to win, and doing it without being nasty? They're making you out to be the underdog; instead of snapping back, use it to your advantage as motivation on the field or cheering on Moeller when they play.

Secondly, Moeller lost to WRA 16-13, and UA beat them 7-5. If I do the math right, UA (on paper) should still beat Moeller by 5 again...or at least that's what I bet Laxpower.com will predict.

I for one, as I'm sure the rest of the teams in R4 feel the same way, would love to Moeller win and bring it all home for Cincy...but I think when all is done, UA will still hold the state title.

:angel: Interesting observation on X-daddy... he summarized the IH v. St. X playoff matchup as follows...
Somebody lit a fire under Blake Stanislaw. He had six goals and four or five assists, I'm not sure. Carroll and Camp kept throwing him these brilliant feeds and he did a great job of finishing them.

Luke Kuechly owned the faceoff X...just dominated it.

Tom Littel played a ---- of a game in goal for the Bombers.

That was an impressive win. It was 6-4 at the half. Second half, Bombers were just ON FIRE.

And from the St. X website...

"St. Xavier came out like their hair was on fire. Attackman Blake Stanislaw notched six goals and near that many assists, Luke Kuechly dominated the faceoff X, and Tom Littel played a sterling game in goal for the Bombers as they blitzed the Braves, 15-6"

coincidence? blatant plagarism? or is X-daddy actually the voice (and webmaster) of St. Xavier lacrosse?

you make the call.....

And to Laxplayer 11 comment:
"why are all the Moeller posters getting so heated when people are predicting UA to win, and doing it without being nasty?"

Agreed... UA is clearly the favorite this week with 3 straight Ohio state titles and 5 of past 7. Until R4 gets to the big dance (AND WINS!) we will always be second fiddle. So let's GO BIG MOE!

This from a guy who can't figure out how not to give away his identity. I thought X had intelligent people on their staff!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moeller has a great chance of winning if:

#1 Moeller's transition defense comes to play. UA's middies will be looking to push the ball down the field after every shot. If they play like they did versus Lakota West it will be a long game.

#2 Moeller clearing game clears at least 80%. I have watched a couple of games since I have been back from college. Moeller's middies need to either have the middies actually break toward the ball or have Catino get the ball and just run.

#3 Moeller's Offense sets up in a fast break when there is a fast break. Over and over aganist Lakota West and St. X there were fast breaks, but they never set up. The more shots the more goals.

#4 Moeller's offense shoots high instead of low. Lakota West's goalie was decent at best. St. X's goalie was solid simply because of his coaches. Moeller shot low on West's goalie so many times, and were stoned. Same story against St. X. Moeller needs to pick corners and not drop there stick heads every time they shoot the ball.

#5 Moeller's defense plays body, and position rather than stick. Lakota West ran by Moeller's defense a few times because Moeller was playing way too far out while throwing homerun checks.

If Moeller corrects their miscues they have had the past two games they will either win by no more than two or lose by more than two.

Moeller has a great chance of winning if:

#1 Moeller's transition defense comes to play. UA's middies will be looking to push the ball down the field after every shot. If they play like they did versus Lakota West it will be a long game.

#2 Moeller clearing game clears at least 80%. I have watched a couple of games since I have been back from college. Moeller's middies need to either have the middies actually break toward the ball or have Catino get the ball and just run.

#3 Moeller's Offense sets up in a fast break when there is a fast break. Over and over aganist Lakota West and St. X there were fast breaks, but they never set up. The more shots the more goals.

#4 Moeller's offense shoots high instead of low. Lakota West's goalie was decent at best. St. X's goalie was solid simply because of his coaches. Moeller shot low on West's goalie so many times, and were stoned. Same story against St. X. Moeller needs to pick corners and not drop there stick heads every time they shoot the ball.

#5 Moeller's defense plays body, and position rather than stick. Lakota West ran by Moeller's defense a few times because Moeller was playing way too far out while throwing homerun checks.

If Moeller corrects their miscues they have had the past two games they will either win by no more than two or lose by more than two.

Dead on....Lets go Moe! Bring one back for R4

Congrats on Great Season

:clap: So it wasn't meant to be this year... As SportsNut said so well, it has been a great couple of years for Moeller lacrosse and the team has much to be proud of. It would have taken a near perfect game and some real standout performances for Moe to have upset UA last night and it didn't happen. That is a big part of what makes UA so successful- they don't make mistakes, have great athletes and depth, and play their best when the spotlight is on come playoff time.

2 straight trips to final four, a MSLCA trophy this year, 16-5 record and some great respect from area teams are all outstanding accomplishments. This team has great players, and a lot of outstanding character. Take pride in yourselves and your accomplishments and keep pushing yourselves in future endeavors. You guys played well as a team and that makes all the difference.

A side note... this Moe team is the culmination of a strong youth program that saw many of these seniors, juniors, and sophmores playing together in the 6,7, and 8th grades. That team chemistry and experience clearly paid off over the past several years and hopefully will continue. This is another strength of UA and most Columbus programs as evident in their success in OHMSLA tournaments. Keep building for the future Moe... it pays off!:thumb:

It looks like UA pretty much dominated...

Lacrosse: Fast start gives UA title shot
Thursday, May 31, 2007 3:44 AM

THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH

Upper Arlington took a 4-1 lead after the first period and cruised to a 14-5 win over visiting Cincinnati Moeller (16-5) in a boys lacrosse Division I state semifinal last night.

Grant Devilbliss had four goals for Upper Arlington (19-1), which led 9-1 at halftime and 12-2 after the third period. Adam Donahue had two goals and two assists for the Golden Bears.

Upper Arlington will play Hudson in the final Saturday at Dublin Scioto.

http://www.dispatch.com/dispatch/co.../31/hs_lax31.ART_ART_05-31-07_C2_UC6SHGU.html

One of the major reasons for UA's success recently and last night is their depth. They were running 7 attackmen in and out about every 3 possessions let alone running three or four middie lines without any noticable drop in talent. With the pace at which they play, Moeller jus couldn't keep up with UA's fresh legs on every possession. They didn't sub like that the first time Moe played them. UA just played nasty, their goalie is the best goalie I've seen in four years and I would say he would give Peatie (from Western Reserve, Canadian National Team goalie and now sophmore starter at Loyola) a run for his money.

After a little golf yesterday afternoon, I stopped by to see the Moeller/UA game. I agree UA was running people in and out like it was a WALMART. What I didn’t understand is why the Moeller Coach didn’t make any substitutions. As an example, it was clear to me when the score was 4/0 that the Moeller goalie was having a bad day and they kept him in? At some point I would have thought that they would have brought in the next goalie?

Now see if you can stick with me here. By not bringing a new goalie in can only mean one of two things.

#1 - the starting goalie in the middle of a bad day is still better than the back up?
#2 – Coach doesn’t know how to substitute?

Well, I'm happy you're not coaching because no one in their right mind takes a goalie out after a 4 goal run in the 1st quarter. You need to give the kid some time to warm up and feel comfortable out there, and if you noticed as the game went on he did make some pretty good saves, unfortunately it was too little too late. I mean if you watched the NCAA Finals this past weekend, you saw Dan Loftus from Duke give up a 4 goal run between the 1st and 2nd quarters, and then you later saw Jesse Schwartzman from Hopkins give up a 5 goal run in the 3rd. Lacrosse is a game of momentum and runs, you don't take a goalie out just because the other team is going on a run. And this statement by you gives me one more reason to never believe you were an All-American and gives me every reason to know why you're not a coach.

SportsDad8,

It's amazing how much clarity you have on the game of lacrosse. Was it your golf game that put you in this zen-like state? Heck, Moeller should fire their coach and bring you in to head up the team. I'm sure with your in-game adjustments and overall attitude, the UA/Moeller game would have been MUCH closer.

All joking aside, you must not be too bright or just completely ignorant. Since any idiot can have an opinion, I will educate you. Middie lines are run in 3's, not 4's. But I can appreciate your player-value ranking system. Bring that up in your next high school lacrosse fantasy league meeting. The reason why UA can run people in and out like a "Wal-Mart" (your words, not mine) is because they are very deep and Moeller, simply, is not as deep as they are. My guess is that Moeller has an idea of how to substitute and I promise you that their 1's are much better than their 2's and 3's (but, I am not at their practice every day and neither are you).

You suggest in your post that Coach Tom Kennedy is an incompetent coach. This is ridiculous. He is a two-time state champ, midwest champ, and members of both the Moeller and Ohio Lacrosse Hall of Fame. What are your credentials, Dad? Oh yeah, Moeller thanks you for your fees.

Congratulations on a fine season Moe!!!!!! I can't see one reason why anyone would want to take anything away from the kids, they have a heck of a team and a fine coach. Good luck to the Seniors, I for one am going to miss the company of our extended LAX family at West. We had some great times!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Congratulations on a fine season Moe!!!!!! I can't see one reason why anyone would want to take anything away from the kids, they have a heck of a team and a fine coach. Good luck to the Seniors, I for one am going to miss the company of our extended LAX family at West. We had some great times!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Agreed. Great season Moeller, you've got nothing to hang your head about! :clap:

After a little golf yesterday afternoon, I stopped by to see the Moeller/UA game. I agree UA was running people in and out like it was a WALMART. What I didn’t understand is why the Moeller Coach didn’t make any substitutions. As an example, it was clear to me when the score was 4/0 that the Moeller goalie was having a bad day and they kept him in? At some point I would have thought that they would have brought in the next goalie?

Now see if you can stick with me here. By not bringing a new goalie in can only mean one of two things.

#1 - the starting goalie in the middle of a bad day is still better than the back up?
#2 – Coach doesn’t know how to substitute?

If by bad day, you mean that the goalie didn't stop every shot within 3 yards then yes, you are correct, the goalie had a bad day. It's hard to stop shots when the offensive guy's toes are almost touching the crease. The goalie maybe saw 2 or 3 'outside' shots the whole game. He stopped all of the ones he should have, and stopped several shots that were right on top of him. So I don't know what game you were watching buddy, but next time think before you say something so ridiculous.