Minster Job Opening

I have some sources very close to this decision and they said there is a lot of separation between the people who are supposed to make this hire, AD/School Board/Administration. Also several players are claiming if their guy isn’t hired they won’t play next year (that is a rumor, but I have heard it from several people so it seems to have legs). Some of the more influential people from town may be sticking their noses in as well and that doesn’t seem to be helping. For the sake of the MAC let’s hope they get it right.
As a parent- players don't know whose name is in the running- that is a false. When Stokes was hired there was a search committee with community members , school admin and athletic boosters. The athletic mined wanted to keep moving forward in building the program from what Moore started- to be competitive. Stokes is not a great people person- hated addressing parents. He was there for the kids and very hard nosed. Wasn't very popular, but when the program saw success, people buy in. The soft parents and administration are the ones who have any issue with it. Ask former players and they'll tell you work outs and practices sucked, but they are a better person for going thru Stokes' program. When McClurg took over boys basketball he adopted the same mentality in culture. a number quit the first 2 years...but its been a solid program and they lift year round now also like football. Rumor is administration wants someone a little less like Stokes. Athletic boosters/parents want a competitive program. If its not the right hire the whole program could tank

Panther Skin: I have some sources very close to this decision and they said there is a lot of separation between the people who are supposed to make this hire, AD/School Board/Administration.

I have heard this.

Also several players are claiming if their guy isn’t hired they won’t play next year (that is a rumor, but I have heard it from several people so it seems to have legs).

This has no credibility. It’s not happening, whoever you heard that from doesn’t know Jack squat about this program. Those kids are going to work their tails off regardless of who steps in as the new football coach. Whoever the new Coach is, isn’t bringing in a new style, system, approach, or whatever you want to call it. He’s buying into the system that’s already here, he has to conform to the standard of the program.
False- Moore brought in his own style and culture. Stokes used that foundation but built is own, His was very different from Moore. A new coach has is own approach and philosophies and definitely brings them in.

This hire has to take place this week..... and if not then there could be a firing instead of a hiring lol
Many agree that a hiring should have been last week.- 4 weeks of school left- need to confirm summer schedule. With the season starting early and less scrimmage time- team building will be critical. Have a few coaching positions to replace also with Morgan, Buchanan out... Was on a college campus 2 weeks ago and they were surprised there was not a new coach yet.

Buchanan would be the best choice to continue culture. He really runs the show in the weight room and all of the other sports are now weight training. He told the players he was going with Stokes.
You quoted my post from March 11th lol I know he’s going with Coach Stokes.

False- Moore brought in his own style and culture. Stokes used that foundation but built is own, His was very different from Moore. A new coach has is own approach and philosophies and definitely brings them in.
Stokes threw Moore "under the bus" in this interview : https://pressprosmagazine.com/the-man-who-could-be-your-next-coach-but-dont-count-on-it/

Didn't lift weights, practice or discipline the correct way, the way Stokes tells it he basically inherited a broken down program.

next week will be going on 2 months for this process. what is taking so long? this leads me to think that they haven’t been confident in many candidates so far.

next week will be going on 2 months for this process. what is taking so long? this leads me to think that they haven’t been confident in many candidates so far.

It's like that 6 at the bar who thinks she's a solid 10. She passes on every dude hitting on her because they are 6s. She's waiting for that 10 to come along and swoop her off of her feet. Unfortunately, the solid 10 she's looking for isn't looking for a 6.?‍♂️

Minster may be 40 and still single pretty soon.

Stokes and Moore were vetted by committee. AD sat in but not a strong voice. If its left to AD that would be worrisome. Many are not thrilled with the AD.
not sure if it not just the AD.... but another part of the adminstration too... hopefully a coach is announced this week....

Cats should bring Katie Horstman out of retirement. I don't know how well she would do with the x's and o's but Minster would have the best conditioned football team in the MAC, that I have no doubt.

Last edited:
Cats should bring Katy Horstman out of retirement. I don't know how well she would do with the x's and o's but Minster would have the best conditioned football team in the MAC, that I have no doubt.
I think we have been over the last few years.... but then maybe that is who being interviewed this week.. a 87 year old........

I think we have been over the last few years.... but then maybe that is who being interviewed this week.. a 87 year old........
In related news, Minster is asking if they can start games at 5pm so if they hire the old dude he won't fall sleep at halftime.

In related news, Minster is asking if they can start games at 5pm so if they hire the old dude he won't fall sleep at halftime.
Not a dude and not a he. And be a little more respectful, KH is a member of the Ohio Tack HOF, National Track HOF, and Ohio Softball HOF. Plus may have a plaque at Cooperstown, not positive about that.

i think the dude is a Bremen fan, if i recall, most Cards are very good people... but then there is always that one bad apple....
I don't have a beef with Minster, I am not sure I would consider myself a Bremen fan? I did enjoy their run this year!

Facts are Minster talent level is down, if this past season had been a normal year, how many wins would they have had?? They got waxed by Bremen, Coldwater, St Henry and MSML. Squeaked by an awful DSJ team and beat Parkway. If it had been a normal season the best they could have hoped for was 5 wins, but much more likely 3 or 4, that is down by Minster standards. When I look at their Junior, Sophomore and Freshman class (and yes I do know what I'm talking about, I just don't look at it through Orange colored glasses) I don't see much of a change the next two seasons. But Minster always produces athletes, and they will be back.

As far as the coaching search, I just know what I have been told by people I think are in the know, but I've been wrong before!! It does seem to me that a MAC job at a school that most would feel is upper echelon would not be so hard to fill?

I have some sources very close to this decision and they said there is a lot of separation between the people who are supposed to make this hire, AD/School Board/Administration. Also several players are claiming if their guy isn’t hired they won’t play next year (that is a rumor, but I have heard it from several people so it seems to have legs). Some of the more influential people from town may be sticking their noses in as well and that doesn’t seem to be helping. For the sake of the MAC let’s hope they get it right.
FALSE - Trust me, I KNOW. Farthest from the truth.

I don't have a beef with Minster, I am not sure I would consider myself a Bremen fan? I did enjoy their run this year!

Facts are Minster talent level is down, if this past season had been a normal year, how many wins would they have had?? They got waxed by Bremen, Coldwater, St Henry and MSML. Squeaked by an awful DSJ team and beat Parkway. If it had been a normal season the best they could have hoped for was 5 wins, but much more likely 3 or 4, that is down by Minster standards. When I look at their Junior, Sophomore and Freshman class (and yes I do know what I'm talking about, I just don't look at it through Orange colored glasses) I don't see much of a change the next two seasons. But Minster always produces athletes, and they will be back.

As far as the coaching search, I just know what I have been told by people I think are in the know, but I've been wrong before!! It does seem to me that a MAC job at a school that most would feel is upper echelon would not be so hard to fill?
All programs go through ups and downs. Good programs are able to adjust to the down years and maximize their talent.
I am in the know - and you are way off on your claims.

All programs go through ups and downs. Good programs are able to adjust to the down years and maximize their talent.
I am in the know - and you are way off on your claims.
Please explain to me how I am off?? Explain how you would have had more than 4 wins last season, if it had been a normal year? Explain to me where the wins come next season?

Fort Loramie - L
Columbus Crusaders - W
St. Henry - L
Delphos St. John's - W
Marion Local - L
Parkway - W
New Bremen - L
Coldwater - L
Anna - toss up
Versailles - L

If you are that good at predicting the future why don't you win the lottery? As I stated, all good programs have ups and downs.
My comment was about your inside information you claim to have. I am in the know - and you are way off - not even close!

Facts are Minster talent level is down, if this past season had been a normal year, how many wins would they have had?? They got waxed by Bremen, When I look at their Junior, Sophomore and Freshman class (and yes I do know what I'm talking about, I just don't look at it through Orange colored glasses) I don't see much of a change the next two seasons. But Minster always produces athletes, and they will be back.
Waxed by Bremen? If you say 20 points is a beat down sure.

You really don’t know anything about the talent in the program and it shows.

The MAC talent level has been down since Bobby, Bruiser, Hartings and Big Red graduated.

Minster gets the right hire an they'll be fine

Please explain to me how I am off?? Explain how you would have had more than 4 wins last season, if it had been a normal year? Explain to me where the wins come next season?

Fort Loramie - L
Columbus Crusaders - W
St. Henry - L
Delphos St. John's - W
Marion Local - L
Parkway - W
New Bremen - L
Coldwater - L
Anna - toss up
Versailles - L
Since when is Minster playing the Columbus Crusaders?

Stokes threw Moore "under the bus" in this interview : https://pressprosmagazine.com/the-man-who-could-be-your-next-coach-but-dont-count-on-it/

Didn't lift weights, practice or discipline the correct way, the way Stokes tells it he basically inherited a broken down program.
that is probably the best interview on Stokes that he has given( PROPS to Presspro's) Stokes conditioning and weight lifting program is more then that... it's about getting you mentally STRONG.... and that is done every time they were in the weightroom or the gym at 6am..... knock on wood, but i can think of one player having a ACL injury while he was here..... it wasn't about seeing who could bench 300LB'S , it was about the CORE......different coaches have different views on weight lifting... some were OLD school and went by the Nebraska's BIGGER FASTER STRONGER program.... but Stokes took it to a different level.. he won a lot of games by what was done at 6am... and it wasn't just the lifting part....

you are right, we were down this year, that happens when you graduate about 18-19 starters from the year before...... but when you bring up crap about kids not going out because who might be hired, or to say that influential people have a say in , who will be hired... i'm calling you a LIAR, because that is simply not the truth.... you have thrown CRAP against against the wall about Minster in the past, and see what STICKS...

Not a dude and not a he. And be a little more respectful, KH is a member of the Ohio Tack HOF, National Track HOF, and Ohio Softball HOF. Plus may have a plaque at Cooperstown, not positive about that.
plus i think in the movie a League of their own, Katie actually told Madonna to quit swearing so much... at least thats what i heard....

Fort Loramie - L
Columbus Crusaders - W
St. Henry - L
Delphos St. John's - W
Marion Local - L
Parkway - W
New Bremen - L
Coldwater - L
Anna - toss up
Versailles - L
Since when is Minster playing the Columbus Crusaders?
what the H is a Columbus Crusader?