Minster Job Opening

Will Minster keep their same coaching staff for the most part, and does Whiting have anyone he is bringing with him?
some assistants won't be back, 3 are heading to Coffman, one assistant became the HC at Covington... and one is retiring....only one of those is a teacher at Minster, the adminstration have NEVER done a good job of getting teachers that are also assistant coaches IN ANY SPORTS at Minster.... they rely on the community to fill those positions....

some assistants won't be back, 3 are heading to Coffman, one assistant became the HC at Covington... and one is retiring....only one of those is a teacher at Minster, the adminstration have NEVER done a good job of getting teachers that are also assistant coaches IN ANY SPORTS at Minster.... they rely on the community to fill those positions....
Do you guys have any young alumni thats willing to be varsity assistants?

Considering how good Minster is in over all sports maybe that is a good approach. Hiring the best person for the job instead of just filling a coaching position with a teacher.

That kid's walking on at Purdue...the difference he made with his talent level relative to the norm in the league probably would have gotten them to .500 this year.

Before Whiting, what they were this year was the norm and they'd been going 0-10 to 3-7 nearly every year for at least 30 years. Dysfunction was the norm and he managed to change the culture and get folks to buy-in. From what I've seen he seemed to do a very good job at Alliance. I'd be surprised if he doesn't build a formidable program at Minster.
I think you meant to say "Continue the tradition of a strong program in Minster".

This is, was, a job that should have garnered big time interest as it is not a rebuild. Hell, it is not even a reload. They have the pieces already in place to be consistently winning playoff games.

Considering how good Minster is in over all sports maybe that is a good approach. Hiring the best person for the job instead of just filling a coaching position with a teacher.
you are right, we have some very dedicated community assistants, but for years the adminstration have not even look for teachers that want to be coaches.... i just go by what Coldwater and Marion Local have going, at least in the FB programs, they have many coaches throughout their program that are teachers...

you are right, we have some very dedicated community assistants, but for years the adminstration have not even look for teachers that want to be coaches.... i just go by what Coldwater and Marion Local have going, at least in the FB programs, they have many coaches throughout their program that are teachers...
I am not a smart man, but I believe when hiring for teaching positions they should choose the best TEACHING candidates as that is their most important job.

I dont know the mix of males/females in the Minster district or how it compares to other districts. Males traditionally are the bulk of the coaching duties.

I am not a smart man, but I believe when hiring for teaching positions they should choose the best TEACHING candidates as that is their most important job.

I dont know the mix of males/females in the Minster district or how it compares to other districts. Males traditionally are the bulk of the coaching duties.
Well that's the way it should be, but hardly ever is the case. I've experienced some "teacher" coaches that should not have graduated college. Holy cow

of course it is very important to get the BEST teacher available.... maybe CW and ML are doing something different then Minster in getting different applicants... because their school systems seem to be pretty dang good too.......

I think you meant to say "Continue the tradition of a strong program in Minster".

This is, was, a job that should have garnered big time interest as it is not a rebuild. Hell, it is not even a reload. They have the pieces already in place to be consistently winning playoff games.

I must have misinterpreted some of what was mentioned here as I was somewhat under the impression that there was going to be a dip for a year or two...if they have the guys to win right now, I'd feel pretty good about this guy getting good results.

of course it is very important to get the BEST teacher available.... maybe CW and ML are doing something different then Minster in getting different applicants... because their school systems seem to be pretty dang good too.......
How many male Minsterites go into teaching and come back and apply/teach at Minster?
I noticed this over the years at CW that so many of their coaches grew up, played for, graduated from CW and, obviously, went into teaching and came back to CW.

That has a lot to do with it I do believe.

Plus, with NB so close to Minster I imagine many former Wildcats like to gravitate to the big city instead of staying in the burbs. That traffic on 66 can be brutal in rush hour.

I noticed this over the years at CW that so many of their coaches grew up, played for, graduated from CW and, obviously, went into teaching and came back to CW.
That's because people from Coldwater think the only acceptable place on the planet to live is Coldwater. You're allowed to leave for 4 years (4 and a half if you're a loser), and go to Ohio State, UD, or BGSU, and then you have to immediately return to Coldwater. Thems the rules.

ML has community coaches at the head positions in boys and girls basketball, volleyball, baseball, softball, and boys and girls golf, cross country, and swimming. Only football and track are coached by ML staff.

Sure, it’s ideal to have school employees in those spots, but it’s not always easy and it’s not always the right move.

That's because people from Coldwater think the only acceptable place on the planet to live is Coldwater. You're allowed to leave for 4 years (4 and a half if you're a loser), and go to Ohio State, UD, or BGSU, and then you have to immediately return to Coldwater. Thems the rules.
I know you, and many folks, use that sort of comment as a dig at any said place where this occurs.

You know what they say, 'find a job you love and you never work a day in your life'.

I see absolutely no issues for anyone to come back to their home town, that they love, do a job they love, coach in a program they love and be around their family and friends no matter what said town may be.

I wholeheartedly would rather have it be that way than the opposite where graduates just do not ever return as that means they either hated their town and/or felt they could not make a living and support a family in said area.

People may mock it as you are alluding to, but for Coldwater I would not have it any other way.

I know you, and many folks, use that sort of comment as a dig at any said place where this occurs.

You know what they say, 'find a job you love and you never work a day in your life'.

I see absolutely no issues for anyone to come back to their home town, that they love, do a job they love, coach in a program they love and be around their family and friends no matter what said town may be.

I wholeheartedly would rather have it be that way than the opposite where graduates just do not ever return as that means they either hated their town and/or felt they could not make a living and support a family in said area.

People may mock it as you are alluding to, but for Coldwater I would not have it any other way.
I have no problem with people wanting to live in their hometown, raise their kids there, etc...it's the "It ain't great UNLESS it's COLDWATER" many have.

lol ignore anything PantherSkin said
I thought I was done with this thread, but i must defend my honor! So I will say this one last time and then you won't hear from me again until next season when I will say "see I told you so" or "you guys were right, I am an idiot"! But I will say again the talent level that Minster football is accustom to is not there right now. What did you see last year that would tell you different? They did get waxed by all MAC (except DSJ and Parkway), someone said the Bremen game was 20-0 and that's not a waxing? The gunslinging Wildcat offense put up 99 total yards that game, that game was not close. I have watched multiple Minster JV games the last 3 seasons and my eye tells me the talent level is down, and if you are counting on a stacked 8th grade class helping you win varsity games in the MAC you are in for a rude awakening.

I thought I was done with this thread, but i must defend my honor! So I will say this one last time and then you won't hear from me again until next season when I will say "see I told you so" or "you guys were right, I am an idiot"! But I will say again the talent level that Minster football is accustom to is not there right now. What did you see last year that would tell you different? They did get waxed by all MAC (except DSJ and Parkway), someone said the Bremen game was 20-0 and that's not a waxing? The gunslinging Wildcat offense put up 99 total yards that game, that game was not close. I have watched multiple Minster JV games the last 3 seasons and my eye tells me the talent level is down, and if you are counting on a stacked 8th grade class helping you win varsity games in the MAC you are in for a rude awakening.
Sorry that most of those kids were 1st year starters after having to wait behind the 2020 class not sure what else you want to hear? It was young and inexperienced group.

I have no problem with people wanting to live in their hometown, raise their kids there, etc...it's the "It ain't great UNLESS it's COLDWATER" many have.
If you say so, but that's a different story for another day.

Glad Minster finally found their guy. We want as many teams in the MAC to be as successful as possible.