Minster (10-2) vs Marion Local (12-0)

Msfootball

The last time Marion Local failed to make a regional final was 2010 in a loss to Minster. Before we make too much of Marion Local's 35 point win over Minster in week 3, let's remember Marion Local coincidentally beat Minster by 35 points in their 2010 regular season meeting. Can Minster turn the tables this time?

The last time Marion Local failed to make a regional final was 2010 in a loss to Minster. Before we make too much of Marion Local's 35 point win over Minster in week 3, let's remember Marion Local coincidentally beat Minster by 35 points in their 2010 regular season meeting. Can Minster turn the tables this time?
1 word, execution. Can't turn the ball over

My hope for Minster is they make it more competitive than the last go around. Week 3 these guys met resulting in a 42-7 Marion victory. I don't see Minster completely flipping the script but I can also see this being closer than people expect.

Marion Local 35
Minster 21

Defense is the key, Turnovers, scoring off turnovers.... things that the Steiners do well... Cats got to match that.....

Dalton played Kirtland to a one score game and HL def. D6 Carey who is still in the playoffs, ML yes, Minster not so much. Even if Minster def. Marion Local.
I get what you are saying. The Flyers are more dependable moving forward. However, if Minster beats Marion Local, what team in D7 can boast a win that big? Also, Minster only lost by one score to Versailles. Seems like Minster has overcome the loss of Stephey and is on a roll. I'd consider them the D7 favorite if they win Friday.

The new Shawnee turf is pretty cool. They installed it summer 2022. They have a new scoreboard and restrooms/concession area too. Seating leaves a lot to be desired and that track prevents a top tier gameday experience, but it's not a terrible site for early round smaller division playoff action.

1699215645611.png

I get what you are saying. The Flyers are more dependable moving forward. However, if Minster beats Marion Local, what team in D7 can boast a win that big? Also, Minster only lost by one score to Versailles. Seems like Minster has overcome the loss of Stephey and is on a roll. I'd consider them the D7 favorite if they win Friday.
21 - 10, 7 - 2, 41 - 28 Those are Minster scores vs DSj, St. Henry, Fort Loramie. Versailles had just come off a gut-wrenching loss to Coldwater which knocked them out of the MAC title hunt. Upsets happen and if Minster wins there would be no clear D7 favorite maybe Dalton. HL def. Carey who won D6 in 21.

The winner of this game is the D7 State Champion and it won’t be close for whoever wins after this game. In the last 4 years the Region 28 winner has won the State Championship by a combined score of: 139-19. Both Minster and Marion are as good or better than any of those 4 teams. If I’m wrong I will take a 1 year self imposed holiday from Yappi.

The winner of this game is the D7 State Champion and it won’t be close for whoever wins after this game. In the last 4 years the Region 28 winner has won the State Championship by a combined score of: 139-19. Both Minster and Marion are as good or better than any of those 4 teams. If I’m wrong I will take a 1 year self imposed holiday from Yappi.
What 4 teams?

21 - 10, 7 - 2, 41 - 28 Those are Minster scores vs DSj, St. Henry, Fort Loramie. Versailles had just come off a gut-wrenching loss to Coldwater which knocked them out of the MAC title hunt. Upsets happen and if Minster wins there would be no clear D7 favorite maybe Dalton. HL def. Carey who won D6 in 21.
You make some good points. But If Minster wins, I'm not sloughing it off as "upsets happen". I'd side with Raylan_Givens. Winner of this is the favorite. Having said that, Marion Local will take care of business this Friday.

Per the norm I'll have to root for whomever has the best shot at a title for the MAC.

I have the St13ners with a 12,% chance to win it all, but Minster only a 3% so......a Go Flyers
12% chance for the Flyers, eh? I can respect that. Hell, I ranked them #8 in one of the polls this season. But that was a poll. We're into the playoffs now. This is for real. Take your 12% chance and stick it! lol