Minster (10-2) vs Marion Local (12-0)

Hey Panther, what is up with your coach? Assuming after the paints dry he will be gone? Sounds like he was really liked, but the mistakes that were made, just dont know how he survives his list of mistakes?

Hey Panther, what is up with your coach? Assuming after the paints dry he will be gone? Sounds like he was really liked, but the mistakes that were made, just dont know how he survives his list of mistakes?
PantherSkin isn't a Parkway guy.

Marion wins this one, just to get steamrolled by Ansonia next week.
back off dynasties GIF by BBC America
Maybe you can convince the rest of the media. Let me know how this works out.

Per Calpreps Projecting a Match Up on how the last 4 D7 Champs would project against 2023 Minster and Marion Local.

neutral field
[2019] Marion Local (Maria Stein, OH) 21 (60%), [2023] Minster (OH) 17 (40%)
[2023] Marion Local (Maria Stein, OH) 34 (87%), [2019] Marion Local (Maria Stein, OH) 17 (13%)

[2020] New Bremen (OH) 21 (53%), [2023] Minster (OH) 20 (47%)

[2023] Marion Local (Maria Stein, OH) 31 (81%), [2020] New Bremen (OH) 17 (19%)

[2021] Marion Local (Maria Stein, OH) 28 (87%), [2023] Minster (OH) 10 (13%)
[2023] Marion Local (Maria Stein, OH) 27 (61%), [2021] Marion Local (Maria Stein, OH) 22 (39%)

[2022] New Bremen (OH) 26 (61%), [2023] Minster (OH) 21 (39%)
[2023] Marion Local (Maria Stein, OH) 35 (81%), [2022] New Bremen (OH) 21 (19%)

Here are Calpreps and Drew Pasteur Projections for this Friday:

[2023] Marion Local (Maria Stein, OH) 35 (90%), [2023] Minster (OH) 14 (10%)
#1 Marion Local (12-0 D7 R28) by 27 (94%) neu #5 Minster (10-2 D7 R28)

Ironically, here is the Projection of the 2010 game that Minster won in the Playoffs:
neutral field
[2010] Marion Local (Maria Stein, OH) 31 (81%), [2010] Minster (OH) 17 (19%)

Marion wins this one, just to get steamrolled by Ansonia next week.
back off dynasties GIF by BBC America
From what I'm reading, Ansonia is riddled with injuries. They do have a very solid football team, but to even have a shot against Marion Local, I believe they would need to be healthy.

Minster has to stop Marion Local's run game without bringing the safety's up to the LOS and like Whasup and voice said the Wildcats will have to be able to run the football and also play excellent special teams, Otte led the MAC in punt return avg. last year and Hoelscher (26 yd. avg.) this year.

Nice job St13ners.

What does Minster have coming back next year? The MAC is supposed to be way, way down next year and we need a team to carry the conference flag.

Marion Local stopped Minster's running game that was the game. Flyers rarely allow big plays in the passing game, and it is hard to drive the length of the field throwing the football. Flyers running game not great but good enough to finish off drives with Knouff QB) running the football and toss sweeps with Otte and Lause. ML I do not believe completed one pass in the 2nd half, want to win state championship's a team in Ohio needs to be able to run the football.

The new Shawnee turf is pretty cool. They installed it summer 2022. They have a new scoreboard and restrooms/concession area too. Seating leaves a lot to be desired and that track prevents a top tier gameday experience, but it's not a terrible site for early round smaller division playoff action.

View attachment 49425
Home seating was good, could use another rest room on home side.

Congrats to both teams on a well played game, hard hitting game, props to the Steiners, doing what they do. They take advantage of field position. They start a drive at the Cats 23 yard line and punch it in , we had the ball inside of their 25 yard line and couldn't punch it it9 Difference in the game).... Thought Minsters D stopped their big pass plays... if you would have told me before the game that the Flyers would have only 70 yards passing and hold that offense to 229 of total Offense , i would have like our chances. Congrats to Coach Whiting and his staff, they played without probably the best player in the MAC, and finished 10-3. The Cats lose 8 great Seniors who played hard EVERY GAME this season.... Cats bring back a bunch of good players for next year....

Playing at New Bremen would have been great!! Like the first matchup between these two teams, this was a very competitive game. The final score doesn't reflect how close the game was. Both teams played and hit extremely hard and it came down to who executed the best in the red zone. I agree with bigkat that Minster's defense played extremely well and I agree with Stirred that Marion's running game, especially late, was the key to this game.

Playing at New Bremen would have been great!! Like the first matchup between these two teams, this was a very competitive game. The final score doesn't reflect how close the game was. Both teams played and hit extremely hard and it came down to who executed the best in the red zone. I agree with bigkat that Minster's defense played extremely well and I agree with Stirred that Marion's running game, especially late, was the key to this game.
another big difference was the kickoff's, Marion was able to get good deep kickoffs and made Minster start at around the 20-25 yard line, whereas, with our short kickoffs, the Steiners started around mid field.... something to work on for next year

another big difference was the kickoff's, Marion was able to get good deep kickoffs and made Minster start at around the 20-25 yard line, whereas, with our short kickoffs, the Steiners started around mid field.... something to work on for next year
If the Minster kicker had worn the old fashioned squared-off shoe and kicked the ball straight on, he would've easily driven his kickoffs deeper.

It seems like this type of approach is no longer acceptable, even though it allows a kicker, even one who has almost no kicking experience, to drive his kickoffs fairly deep.

Niemeyer was impressive - Minster should be quite good next year, and perhaps ML will move up to D-VI.

Yes you are right, only a 21 point difference.
You know it was 14-7 and Minster was inside the ML.20 in the 4th. There was a pretty significant portion of this game where Minster outplayed ML but ML had an incredible drive to make it 21+7 and then the pick 6 in the final minute.