Mike Tyson Repeatedly Punches Man In Face On Plane, Bloodies Passenger

So many azzwipes like this fool out there and too few Mike Tysons.
Why I said we were better when we policed our own. So many cocky kids who have never been plumbed up for running their mouth because today, usually, the person who responds risks losing everything. Mike does not care.

Side note: I've always been a fan of Tyson. I think he is smarter than people ever gave him credit for. But can you imagine traveling for a guy like him? Every knucklehead will approach and want a pic or an autograph and probably accompanied with some stupid BS like this moron.

I'll be that guy and disagree with the testosterone crowd. No, we're better if the police, police. If we could just get them to go to the trouble. Too many cops telling people to deal with it themselves because they don't want to get off their lazy FAT azzes. Police that prevent crmes, walk the neighborhoods, know the people and deescalate. Need to have a rule about out of shape cops too.

No one should get pummeled or dead for running their mouth and honestly, we should be able to handle it and have supported legal options to shut it up when "no" isn't working.

As for Tyson, he HAD to be pulling those punches. It's not about the punches anyhow. It's about the look. He could be a teacher. A nun teacher. Put a habit on him and give him a ruler.

Last edited:
As for Tyson, he HAD to be pulling those punches. It's not about the punches anyhow. It's about the look. He could be a teacher. A nun teacher. Put a habit on him and give him a ruler.
Probably not a legal distinction, but Amber Heard would've said he was hitting, not punching. Tyson didn't appear to have much room to cock his arm. Maybe four-inch swings, but he's still strong enough to make 'em smart.

Gotta be a special type of stupid to antagonize Mike Tyson.
I don't think that's even in question
Untitled.png

Why I said we were better when we policed our own. So many cocky kids who have never been plumbed up for running their mouth because today, usually, the person who responds risks losing everything. Mike does not care.

Side note: I've always been a fan of Tyson. I think he is smarter than people ever gave him credit for. But can you imagine traveling for a guy like him? Every knucklehead will approach and want a pic or an autograph and probably accompanied with some stupid BS like this moron.
I've always seen Mike as a little bit of a sympathetic character with is upbringing, Amato's death and his decline under the Rooneys and Don King. That's not to forgive his many transgressions but he became the animal his upbringing trained him to be.

Teddy Atlas tells a story in his book about when he was training Mike. He came home one day to hear his wife say to someone "Don't tell Teddy." He forced the story out of his wife that Mike made some inappropriate sexual advances to a member of Teddy's family. Teddy got a gun and hunted down Tyson. When he found him he held the gun to his head and told him that the next time it happened he wouldn't hear him coming then fired the gun into the air over Mike's head. Years later Mike pulled him aside at an event and apologized. Lesson- Mike knows right from wrong.

Shocking!!

Man who Mike Tyson punched on flight has long criminal history

Melvin Townsend III, the 36-year-old man who Tyson punched on the plane, has a long criminal record, per TMZ.

Townsend has been convicted of fraud, grand theft, burglary, possession of controlled substances and trafficking in stolen property.

I had two different conversations with my friends about this last night. First we asked how drunk would we have to be to think that messing with Mike Tyson was a good idea. The answers fell between very drunk and no amount of alcohol would result in that. Lol.

The second conversation came about when one guy suggested that if we were allowed to punch obnoxious people in the face, we would have a more polite society - which is kinda what you were saying. I wanted to know who would determine who would be the puncher and the punchee!

The conversation went in some interesting directions. One guy pointed out that southern society is more polite than northern society and suggested that whether we are talking about a southern gentleman or the most redneck hillbilly, there is this strong sense of personal and family honor and most people understand that if they start throwing insults around, they are very likely to acquire a broken nose, and it was suggested that is why there are a lot of ma'ams and sirs spoken down there.

While there may be a little something to that, my theory of human behavior is that people are pretty much the same no matter where you go, but certainly some cultures offer stronger disincentives for rude and obnoxious behavior than others.

Last edited:
Shocking!!

Man who Mike Tyson punched on flight has long criminal history

i'm sure he is just a misunderstood young man...... hopefully those punches moved his brain to the correct position, and his parents will be proud of him in the future..

I had two different conversations with my friends about this last night. First we asked how drunk would we have to be to think that messing with Mike Tyson was a good idea. The answers fell between very drunk and no amount of alcohol would result it that. Lol.

The second conversation came about when one guy suggested that if we were allowed to punch obnoxious people in the face, we would have a more polite society - which is kinda what you were saying. I wanted to know who would determine who would be the puncher and the punchee!

The conversation went in some interesting directions. One guy pointed out that southern society is more polite than northern society and suggested that whether we are talking about a southern gentleman or the most redneck hillbilly, there is this strong sense of personal and family honor and most people understand that if they start throwing insults around, they are very likely to acquire a broken nose, and it was suggested that is why there is a lot of ma'ams and sirs spoken down there.

While there may be a little something to that, my theory of human behavior is that people are pretty much the same no matter where you go, but certainly some cultures offer stronger disincentives for rude and obnoxious behavior than others.
We were way better when we policed our own.

Drive 50 miles outside of any metropolis in America and you will see what you describe for the South. Drive 50 miles North of SF and you would think you are in Tennessee.

This kid (yes, 36 year old kid) appeared drunk and by reading his rap sheet is the guy whose parents showered him with money and little else. Big time attention seeking behavior. I would guess this is his pattern and enjoys the publicity.

I travel often and I see obnoxious and rude behavior all of the time. It has become normalized. I can tell you, if I punched a drunken idiot on a plane I'd a been arrested and put on a no fly list. This is the the world we live in today. Put your fingers in your ears and ignore, which of course only further emboldens bad behavior.

I travel often and I see obnoxious and rude behavior all of the time. It has become normalized. I can tell you, if I punched a drunken idiot on a plane I'd a been arrested and put on a no fly list. This is the the world we live in today. Put your fingers in your ears and ignore, which of course only further emboldens bad behavior.
I was on a flight once maybe 20 years ago with wife and kids, Cle-Phoenix. There were 4 early 20's boys that had spent their pre-boarding time in a bar - and they were well lubricated. They were yelling, cursing, and threatening anyone who glanced at them.

I'm sitting about 5 rows up with my wife and small kids and behind me was my bro-in-law with his family. Across the aisle from me was a mountain posing as a man (looked like an NFL lineman) with his small kids.

The flight attendant went back and told the boys to cool it, and one of them slurred, "Oh yeah. What are you gonna do about it, bitch?" The mountain shot up out of his seat, turned around, pointed his finger at them and said, "She isn't going to do anything, but I'm gonna come back there and kick your arse." The flight attendant came by and mouthed, "Thank you" to the man. Crickets the rest of the trip from that crew.

I understand he didn't press charges. If solely his decision, one would think that after he sobered up, he wanted to do the right thing. OTOH, Tyson's fixers may have persuaded him.
Yeah maybe the best autograph would be on a check. Sometimes a settlement precedes even charges. I hope not.

Last edited:
I was on a flight once maybe 20 years ago with wife and kids, Cle-Phoenix. There were 4 early 20's boys that had spent their pre-boarding time in a bar - and they were well lubricated. They were yelling, cursing, and threatening anyone who glanced at them.

I'm sitting about 5 rows up with my wife and small kids and behind me was my bro-in-law with his family. Across the aisle from me was a mountain posing as a man (looked like an NFL lineman) with his small kids.

The flight attendant went back and told the boys to cool it, and one of them slurred, "Oh yeah. What are you gonna do about it, bitch?" The mountain shot up out of his seat, turned around, pointed his finger at them and said, "She isn't going to do anything, but I'm gonna come back there and kick your arse." The flight attendant came by and mouthed, "Thank you" to the man. Crickets the rest of the trip from that crew.
I'm no Tommy Toughnuts but I gave less f$cks in my 20's and early 30's. Wife and I take our young boys to a Pistons game. Typical young kids, strong out the gate and by Q3 are falling asleep. We decide to leave mid way through the 4th to beat traffic. Four guys in their early 20's are in front of us, drunk as skunks and acting 10x worse than the idiot from the Tyson video. Vulgar and insulting all game. When we leave they talk and said something to my wife. I popped that moron with one shot and put him to sleep and his buddy tried to grab my chest and I had to of broken a couple of his fingers removing his hand. The other two wanted no part. I turn and look and both boys are looking at me with a face of awe. I grabbed the boys and told my wife to keep up. Thought for sure I'd end up arrested or on the nightly news. Afterwards I felt awful. Terrible example for my boys. Told myself to never put myself in that position and if I was to never react like that again and I never did (for the most part. Lol).

I see the same behavior more and more today. I bite my lip and move on as I have far more to lose but I can tell you those 4 probably thought twice before ever cocking off again.

I don't care what anyone says, we were better when we policed our own.