Midwest Athletic Conference 2024

Who will be MAC champions

• Total voters
Record streak? My concern is who the mystery week 1 opponent is going to be?

If I'm an AD in D4-D7 it's a hard pass on facing the Flyers. If I'm a D1 or D2 AD I could see the possibility of points harvested from a 9-1 Marion as an attractive reason to play them if my team was on the edge. A good D3 or D4 team similar to Wapak seems most likely at this point. That is a tall hill for a D6 or D7 to climb. Get past wk 1 and I think the record will be there for the taking.

Minster was very solid this year, and should be better next.
Vanlue really struggles to find teams to play now that they have been kicked out of the BVC. Not sure if they have week 1 open? :devilish:

If I'm an AD in D4-D7 it's a hard pass on facing the Flyers.
I really struggle with this line of thinking, especially with 16 teams making the playoffs. My daughter plays a sport that her team is historically ‘meh’ in. I love that the coaches/AD schedule great competition, even though I know we’ll get blown out often. How can you get where you want to go unless you can see what it looks like? And it’s not like ML is so brutal they’re going to beat people up.

Minster was very solid this year, and should be better next.
Agreed. Minster is one of the main reasons I don’t understand why people think it’s a given that the streak will be broken.

I really struggle with this line of thinking, especially with 16 teams making the playoffs. My daughter plays a sport that her team is historically ‘meh’ in. I love that the coaches/AD schedule great competition, even though I know we’ll get blown out often. How can you get where you want to go unless you can see what it looks like? And it’s not like ML is so brutal they’re going to beat people up.

Agreed. Minster is one of the main reasons I don’t understand why people think it’s a given that the streak will be broken.
Why, coaches get fired for losing if not Cramer would still be coaching at ML.

Wapak is now hosting Toledo St. John's. I don't know why the series ended.
Really a tough situation for Wapak, you are better beating a larger school that may only win a few games than possibly losing again to a D7. I know for a fact that Wapak put a ton of emphasis on that game the last two years and came up short. Not enough to be gained to go through it again.

Really a tough situation for Wapak, you are better beating a larger school that may only win a few games than possibly losing again to a D7. I know for a fact that Wapak put a ton of emphasis on that game the last two years and came up short. Not enough to be gained to go through it again.
so what were they thinking then, I think Minster has scrimmaged Wapak for 14 or so years , and there were very few times over that period of time did we NOT compete with the Redskins.. so they had to know that there was a possiblity that the Flyers would beat them

so what were they thinking then, I think Minster has scrimmaged Wapak for 14 or so years , and there were very few times over that period of time did we NOT compete with the Redskins.. so they had to know that there was a possiblity that the Flyers would beat them
Wapak has been very good the last three years, I think they truly believed they could win that game all three years, and definitely the last two. I understand Minster competes in a scrimmage, but that is different than an actual game. I’m sure those in charge didn’t schedule those games if they didn’t believe they could win.

Winning one more game per year wasn’t going to save Cosmo’s job.
No but football coaches do not want to schedule what they think is a sure L. 10 - 0 looks a lot better than 9-1 and Wapak has a chance to go undefeated next year. Undefeated seasons are a feather in any coach's hat, but it is not just Wapak I doubt any WBL school would schedule ML next year if they had an opening. If coaches don't care about losing 1 game, why do the Flyers have such trouble filling their non-league schedule every two years. Why doesn't a NWC or BVC team play ML answer because they probably believe it is a sure loss.

Edit: And to complicate the situation Marion Local needs a home game next year as they only have 4 home games.

Last edited:
No but football coaches do not want to schedule what they think is a sure L. 10 - 0 looks a lot better than 9-1 and Wapak has a chance to go undefeated next year. Undefeated seasons are a feather in any coach's hat, but it is not just Wapak I doubt any WBL school would schedule ML next year if they had an opening. If coaches don't care about losing 1 game, why do the Flyers have such trouble filling their non-league schedule every two years. Why doesn't a NWC or BVC team play ML answer because they probably believe it is a sure loss.

Edit: And to complicate the situation Marion Local needs a home game next year as they only have 4 home games.
Ideally they would like a home game, but I am sure they would take whatever they can get. 2021 they only played 4 home games, then 2022 played 6 home games.

Local MVL team. Piqua, Troy, Tipp are all solid squads most years. D2 / D3 I think those would be a good fit.

celina is still open ? Still a little salty Versailles series with them is over but also happy to play Milton

I don’t know what coaches/ADs think. I’m only saying it’s silly to be afraid of scheduling tough teams when getting into the playoffs isn’t that difficult any longer. I’m sure you know much more about these things than I do, though. I’ll defer to you.

I don’t know what coaches/ADs think. I’m only saying it’s silly to be afraid of scheduling tough teams when getting into the playoffs isn’t that difficult any longer. I’m sure you know much more about these things than I do, though. I’ll defer to you.
Why else would Marion Local have a hard time scheduling if teams don't think it, is a loss, can you think of any I can't. You are better than making a snide remark like that, I am not but you are.
When Marion Local agreed to play Wapak last season the Flyers did so but only if the Flyers could keep any tix sold by Marion Local and Wapak would get 50% (believe it was 50%) of those tix sales back if they played at ML in 24. Least that is what I was told, I guess Wapak decided just to let ML to have the money instead of playing the Flyers again.

Last edited:
Why else would Marion Local have a hard time scheduling if teams don't think it, is a loss, can you think of any I can't. You are better than making a snide remark like that, I am not but you are.
When Marion Local agreed to play Wapak last season the Flyers did so but only if the Flyers could keep any tix sold by Marion Local and Wapak would get 50% (believe it was 50%) of those tix sales back if they played at ML in 24. Least that is what I was told, I guess Wapak decided just to let ML to have the money instead of playing the Flyers again.
snide remarks? but you actually come off as a bit of a know it all....

Better off? Maybe computer points wise, but that’s about it. Hell, they still hosted a first round game. Is hosting two games really that important? Wapak was a really good team that was a couple key injuries away from making the D3 final four. If they prefer to play a larger school they can beat over a D7 team that can probably do a better job of exposing their weaknesses, more power to them, I guess. I don’t buy it. There’s plenty ‘to be gained’ by playing ML.

How long ago was it that Marion Local played a Canadian team?

I'm willing to guess that they're going to be in a similar situation NEXT offseason for Week 2. I can't see Franklin continuing to play them; especially if the games aren't competitive.

Last edited:
How long ago was it that Marion Local played a Canadian team?

I'm willing to guess that they're going to be in a similar situation NEXT offseason for Week 2. I can't see Franklin continuing to play them; especially if the games aren't competitive.
Canadian teams don't count for computer points anymore. Has to be a team within the US. Marion snuck into the playoffs once at 5-5 because they hammered on a Canadian team who was the equivalent of a D1 school and they won a lot of games in Canada. Went to the final 4 and lost to DSJ in overtime that year in the semi game

Canadian teams don't count for computer points anymore. Has to be a team within the US. Marion snuck into the playoffs once at 5-5 because they hammered on a Canadian team who was the equivalent of a D1 school and they won a lot of games in Canada. Went to the final 4 and lost to DSJ in overtime that year in the semi game
I know they don't count toward points anymore, but it's better than an open date week 1

Better off? Maybe computer points wise, but that’s about it. Hell, they still hosted a first round game. Is hosting two games really that important? Wapak was a really good team that was a couple key injuries away from making the D3 final four. If they prefer to play a larger school they can beat over a D7 team that can probably do a better job of exposing their weaknesses, more power to them, I guess. I don’t buy it. There’s plenty ‘to be gained’ by playing ML.
Wapak would have loved a second home playoff game this year and obviously would love two next year, and I am sure that is some of the thought that goes into it. There is plenty to be gained; but being so focused on the first game of the season and then losing has its drawbacks also.

@BigPSH :unsure:

So this ends up seeming like a big coincidence. The reports of him wanting to step away and spend more time with his family are true. Apparently he had a second thought when the SH job became available, but never seriously considered it. Back to where we started, and now we can really start to speculate.