Midwest Athletic Conference 2024

Who will be MAC champions

• Total voters

Remember the cycle I referenced a few months back regarding new football coaches at Parkway? Listen to the 30 second interview.
Only so much can be said in 30 seconds. I think they everyone should be excited. Do I know anything about Brian Schmidt, no but I can't imagine you get to the professional level, even arena league, without being pretty dang good at what you do. As long as he and everyone in the community know that it is going to be a multi-year process then I think the future can be bright. He needs to come in change the culture, but the main thing is the school officials, parents, and community need to step back and let him do it. Obviously this is all assuming that he doesn't end up doing something stupid like his predecessor.

Only so much can be said in 30 seconds. I think they everyone should be excited. Do I know anything about Brian Schmidt, no but I can't imagine you get to the professional level, even arena league, without being pretty dang good at what you do. As long as he and everyone in the community know that it is going to be a multi-year process then I think the future can be bright. He needs to come in change the culture, but the main thing is the school officials, parents, and community need to step back and let him do it. Obviously this is all assuming that he doesn't end up doing something stupid like his predecessor.
See if this works better than the NFL experienced head coach they had a few coaches ago.

The D1 video coordinator Dusty Rutledge?
Thinking maybe of someone else, and may not have been the head coach. I know Rutledge was a Rich Rod guy. Person I'm thinking of had a small role with the Vikings at one point. I could be totally wrong though.

Thinking maybe of someone else, and may not have been the head coach. I know Rutledge was a Rich Rod guy. Person I'm thinking of had a small role with the Vikings at one point. I could be totally wrong though.
Don’t see anything here that says that.

Don’t see anything here that says that.
Definitely wasn't a head coach as Rutledge wasn't the last name. May have been an assistant. I know it wasn't Thompson as he played for the Lions. I'll have to do some digging. Also could have been a candidate that turned it down.

Definitely wasn't a head coach as Rutledge wasn't the last name. May have been an assistant. I know it wasn't Thompson as he played for the Lions. I'll have to do some digging. Also could have been a candidate that turned it down.
Interesting.

Picture of Versailles's Defensive Cordinator Coach Pappa Jones was awarded the John Reed award by WOSN at tonight at Versailles's football banquet. It was his 50 year of coaching! He told some stories of going and watching Coach Reed in action in the playoffs back in the day.

Attachments

• 20231219_211434.jpg
    20231219_211434.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 59
Congrats to former Minster Coach...Nate Moore now at Massillon..Maxpreps National Coach of the year!!

Good DUDE!!

saw in the paper , that the Steiners had some people come forward to offset the travel expenses to theState championship game. Just wondering what does the Ohssa cover now for travel expense for the team? food, hotel, etc?? it used to be based on distance from canton, and they paid a amount per player?

Probably a long shot but is the new head coach at St. Henry have the last name of Kremer?? I just saw this on facebook and got curious.

1703552594248.png

So St. Henry is now posted. Who are the front runners? I heard St. Henry has very good 7th and 8th grade classes. Not sure if that is true.

So St. Henry is now posted. Who are the front runners? I heard St. Henry has very good 7th and 8th grade classes. Not sure if that is true.
I heard this as well. Something like the 7th grade has huge numbers (30+?) and were very good. Heard 8th grade was solid but not as much as the 8th grade