Miami University Recruiting

OhioHsFbFan

By the way, I love this site. I think this is a great idea and recruiting is such a great thing to follow with the abundance of great players we have in Ohio.

I would love to hear information regarding Miami's targets and possible. I see that they have offered to Ballard of Springboro. Is there any chance of him going there? I would love to see Tyler Moeller as a Redhawk as well.

OhioHsFbFan said:
By the way, I love this site. I think this is a great idea and recruiting is such a great thing to follow with the abundance of great players we have in Ohio.

I would love to hear information regarding Miami's targets and possible. I see that they have offered to Ballard of Springboro. Is there any chance of him going there? I would love to see Tyler Moeller as a Redhawk as well.

Tyler likes Miami. I would list Louisville, Indiana and Miami as the top three for Tyler at this point.

The key thing to remember about this years class for Miami is that it's small but that doesnt hurt Miami at all. The Redhawks were able to redshirt every single freshman from the previous class so the size of this current class isnt a huge deal.

One would have to think that next years class is going to be helped by the current succes Miami is enjoying. This year alone they have won the MAC East football championship (bowl game), Regular season basketball championship (NIT Bid), softball confrence tourney championship (NCAA bid), Regular season and confrence tourney baseball champions (NCAA bid). With all these accomplishments and the academic standard at Miami young student athletes should be taking a serious look at Miami.

Watchout for Louisville, they are in great shape for 3 of the top players in Ohio, and one of them is one of the Top 5 prospects in Ohio...

From MiamiHawkTalk
JAMEL MILLER 5'10" 190lbs., 4.4-40, Tallmadge H.S., Akron
UPDATE 4.1.05: Named 2nd Team All-State Div II as a Junior; rushed for 1,700 yards. Considered one of the top RB's in Ohio for 2006. Had early offer from Kent. Early interest from Notre Dame (JR Day Attendee), Michigan State (JR Day Attendee). Iowa, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Missouri, Kansas, Pitt, Boston College, and Nebraska have requested tapes. VERBAL TO MIAMI

I've watched every game he's played in the last two years. He was injured early in his sophomore season and didn't put up the numbers that he could have. Had a breakout junior year and would have had MANY more yards had they not blown out so many teams. At least 4 games in the regular season he was sitting by the second series of the second half.

What makes him a special player is his vision. He may lose a few yards trying to do too much but he will also break open a few plays that looked like a no gainer. His upper body strength improved greatly from his sophomore to junior year. Also seems to have very good football IQ and works hard on every play.