Memphis Police beating suspect

I made no value judgment. You can draw your own conclusions, as you wish.
I merely report the facts in that post, and note a curious contradiction
an ad hom has nothing to do with value judgements, its a personal insult nothing more with no values involved.

addressing values isn't personal insult its discussion of values, although it comes close to ad hom, it almost gets by on grounds of legitimate debate, even though you have no idea what my values might be.

you can say you are INFERRING values, but thats about it.

an ad hom has nothing to do with value judgements, its a personal insult nothing more with no values involved.
There must be a negative value assigned for it to be an attack. Don’t be absurd.
addressing values isn't personal insult its discussion of values, although it comes close to ad hom, it almost gets by on grounds of legitimate debate, even though you have no idea what my values might be.

you can say you are INFERRING values, but thats about it.
You seem kind of dumb to me. I’m not talking about values as in social mores, I’m talking about the intrinsic value of something.

All in all, I’m pretty sure I don’t care what you think. You don’t seem like a serious person.

And you need to mature some and think deeper. The Left is so strange in how they use the term "Nazi" like it's some kind of reflexive catchall when they don't like something that violates their sick thinking.

I am not saying that the cops in this case acted properly and legally. The Tenn AG said the body cam footage is "appalling" and did not represent proper police procedure.

My point was that I am going to assume that the beaten dead guy resisted arrest. If you do not resist arrest, your chances of getting hurt are almost zero. Don't resist, comply no matter what, get a lawyer and fight that way. But if you resist, your chances of getting hurt are very high - regardless of whether the police are acting legally.

So, yes, that's very Nazi-like. Lol. What I'm talking about is saving lives and the health of people getting arrested. Given that some of those people are black, that makes me a weird Nazi. Lol.

Use the law, not your fists on the side of the road. What a monstrous idea. Good grief.
You want to live in a police state where you see cops cracking heads for talking back and I do not. Do you find it curious that no other major country has cops killing citizens on a regular basis? Just comply, so you say, just do what you are told, show your papers and say yes sir. Empowering cops to bust heads as they see fit is dangerous and illegal. By the way, I'm 62 with college degree and successful business...so not some leftie kook. Just a citizen that believes in the Bill of Rights.

It's the law, resisting is ILLEGAL...What part of acting entitled when a cop stops you, telling him" I dont want to get arrested today" ...What part of that do you not understand is a clown acting entitled???? No remorse for what happens ZERO . They brought it upon themselves 110%...
What did this man do to deserve his beating? If you resist being bullied, the cop can beat you to death? Really?

A cop isn't a judge and the street isn't a courtroom. Do what the cop asks and you won't get killed. If you are wronged...wait until you get your date in court.
What if what cop asks us unconstitutional or illegal? Still do what cop orders or risk being beaten or shot to death? I prefer freedom and fairness not rogue cops with little training and quick trigger fingers.

Racist piece of garbage Sharpton on the scene in a split second, can his sidekick pos the "reverend jesse jackson" be far behind?

These two racist pos are always front and center at these "events", don't the victim's families have any self-respect to kick these aholes to the curb when they show up?
Tom YOU are clearly the racist as you comments demonstrate so vividly. Bet you love the criminal ex-pres too huh? You both disgust me.

What if what cop asks us unconstitutional or illegal? Still do what cop orders or risk being beaten or shot to death? I prefer freedom and fairness not rogue cops with little training and quick trigger fingers.
You do you. If you want to claim your rights are being violated during an interaction with the police go ahead. Maybe you will get lucky and they will name a city block after you when you're gone.

I will wait until I can get an attorney and audience before the judge to make my case.

Reactions: y2h

You want to live in a police state where you see cops cracking heads for talking back and I do not. Do you find it curious that no other major country has cops killing citizens on a regular basis? Just comply, so you say, just do what you are told, show your papers and say yes sir. Empowering cops to bust heads as they see fit is dangerous and illegal. By the way, I'm 62 with college degree and successful business...so not some leftie kook. Just a citizen that believes in the Bill of Rights.
Why would you think that?

Depends upon your definition of "Regular basis". Canada, for ex; the rate is 9.7/100,000 pop for cops killing people.

Ok. Now they can play the race card.
Disciplining of white officer questioned in Nichols caseAttorneys for Tyre Nichols's family demanded answers after news that a sixth officer involved in the fatal beating of Nichols had been relieved of duty but not fired or charged.All 5 Black officers were fired and charged »
"Officer Preston Hemphill, who is white, was relieved of his duties “when the other officers were relieved,” a Memphis police spokesperson told Memphis ABC affiliate WATN. That was over a week ago.

In that time, the other five officers, who are all Black, have been fired and charged with second-degree murder, among other offenses, which has raised even more questions for the department about its transparency and alludes to the possible racial dynamics in the case."

Well, I am going to make the assumption that a police officer has had training, both in procedure and law, and has an adequate amount of common sense. If not, their police department failed them by hiring them in the first place, or failed them by not training them well enough, and/or failed them by not supervising them well enough.
Tenn cops get 12 weeks of training then are given a badge and firearm. You need over 3 times that much training to be a certified barber in the state. So don't assume most cops know much law or procedure.

You do you. If you want to claim your rights are being violated during an interaction with the police go ahead. Maybe you will get lucky and they will name a city block after you when you're gone.

I will wait until I can get an attorney and audience before the judge to make my case.
I am Caucasian so not much risk for me...which is sad.

Tenn cops get 12 weeks of training then are given a badge and firearm. You need over 3 times that much training to be a certified barber in the state. So don't assume most cops know much law or procedure.

I would question why anyone would need 3 times the hours of training to cut hair in Tenn [or anywhere else]; sounds to me that the schools offering training has more political pull than the the students they are fleecing.

Reactions: y2h
I am Caucasian so not much risk for me...which is sad.

:ROFLMAO: in the last 5 years, more white people have been killed by police.
In my area, two people were killed by police when they attempted to flee in a car, that endangered a police officer. One was a male with a long history of prior offenses; the other was a 18 yr with old female with no prior offenses. Which one made the national news and which one didn't ?
Which one resulted in demonstrations and which one didn't ?
Which one was African American and which one was white?

Last edited:
If any of that was completely true, you might have half a point. As it is, with all the gross distortions, false conclusions, word-twisting, lies (esp the "no major country"), and pure sophistry, it is something that probably brings you comfort to say.

And that's fine, but your thumb will get sore if you suck it too much.

Well, then it is irresponsible to turn guys loose with that little training. But since you have a difficult relationship with the truth, I'm not going to take your word for it. I imagine the Memphis PD has a little higher requirements than that.

And then I googled it and found this:

Reality is that being a cop is not a great job. In addition to the danger, you get marginal pay, and crap hours. As such, positions get filled with people that the average business would not hire. There is also the worst of the worst which is a population that if not a police officer, they would be more like the criminals than the population they are chartered with protecting.

Well, then it is irresponsible to turn guys loose with that little training. But since you have a difficult relationship with the truth, I'm not going to take your word for it. I imagine the Memphis PD has a little higher requirements than that.

LOL ... you saying that somebody else has a problem with truth.

How much training is required to learn not to beat someone to death for a traffic violation?

So the claim of 12 weeks was only off by what, 2 years and 9 weeks, at a minimum?

So the claim of 12 weeks was only off by what, 2 years and 9 weeks, at a minimum?
Well, there are certain requirements listed there, but the academy is 21 weeks and, despite Dan's assertions to the contrary, law and proper procedure are among the things listed as part of the training. So...

First thing I've heard that makes any sense, but why is it now "apparent?"
Ok, now we've got something to go on. I was also going to think there may be mistaken identity? They thought this guy was someone else? I mean again, this simply does not add up. A guy is driving recklessly. It happens, but to pull him over and rip him out of the car, they had to be expecting or planning something else.
I'll be curious to hear more.