Memes, funny picture thread

FpagZorXwAAi7op

I can't believe that "Contessa's" down your way closed. Little Italian BYOB place. Maybe a little "dumpy", but simple, cheap, and good. I loved that place.

No real hotties, that I saw. Geno was cool.
I wasn't aware of the place but have heard good things about him since he passed.

Diane Morgan. Stage name is Philomena Cunk. Cunk on Earth. She explains the entire history of humanity, rather well. There's a couple others she does in that character.

Diane Morgan
Here's a short she did during Covid on viruses.
The schtick is, she's talks to real scientists, some extremely accomplished. One or two can hang with here. Most can't.

Cunk on Britain in my next watch.

Last edited:
We had a system in our house. We would call from the pay phone in the school gym lobby after practice. When mom picked up the phone instead of putting in a quarter to tall we would just click the receiver 3 times and mom knew it was time to pick us up.

Worked like a charm!
I was in college in the late 60s. I would call collect from a pay phone late at night to a pay phone at a bowling alley where a friend of mine worked the overnight shift. He would answer and accept the charges. There were usually a couple other guys hanging around to talk to. Only once did an operator break in and say "Hey, you can't call collect from one pay phone to another". We immediately hung up.

I was in college in the late 60s. I would call collect from a pay phone late at night to a pay phone at a bowling alley where a friend of mine worked the overnight shift. He would answer and accept the charges. There were usually a couple other guys hanging around to talk to. Only once did an operator break in and say "Hey, you can't call collect from one pay phone to another". We immediately hung up.
I have heard of a similar scenario at a college and dorm that will remain nameless that had a pay phone on each floor, and rumor has it a resident would call collect charging to a 3rd party line (pay phone line on the other floor) where a buddy would be waiting for the operator to call to approve the charges.