Memes, funny picture thread (for politics) (part 2)

368202_image.jpg

They've been conditioned, by media and the modern education, just as surely as Pavlov's dog was....

I blame Cap'n Question Mark's (@Harrycrane 's) dad, the first "maximum Democrat" -

MattLesko.jpg
I had forgotten about that huckster
Fight the Alinsky-ites.

The corporatist-y Biden-istas seem to be leaning towards adopting health insurance company employees into a de facto bureaucratic brotherhood with a single-payer system. If health insurance clerics get adopted into government unions, the mono-party wins forever.
Sadly one can make a case we are already in a single payor situation.

Government through tax policy facilitates employer health plans.

The ACA dictates what is covered and sets defacto
reimbursement rates as to how much is paid.

Aside from the obvious government control of Medicare, Medicaid, Chips, and subsidized ACA plans, they contract with the big so called private insurance companies to be third part claims administrators.

One could make an argument for government controlled single payor if it would eliminate the layers of existing bureaucracy. You know become efficient and effective. But that is an oxymoron when used with the word government.

I had forgotten about that huckster

Sadly one can make a case we are already in a single payor situation.

Government through tax policy facilitates employer health plans.

The ACA dictates what is covered and sets defacto
reimbursement rates as to how much is paid.

Aside from the obvious government control of Medicare, Medicaid, Chips, and subsidized ACA plans, they contract with the big so called private insurance companies to be third part claims administrators.

One could make an argument for government controlled single payor if it would eliminate the layers of existing bureaucracy. You know become efficient and effective. But that is an oxymoron when used with the word government.

I have always believed that ACA, Romney-care, was originally just mollifying insurance companies and their shareholders with a vile plan to make all "Working OR Wealthy" people pay for all of the free-loaders' "should be on Medicaid" healthcare on a per capita basis now, instead of kicking the can down the road, which keeps the wealthy "more liable" if still funded within the progressive taxation model, and blowing up the deficit before the wealthy can trick us into a mono-party.

Do you also see it that way ?

Zappa was so different than my father in so many ways, yet so much the same in their opinions of politics and government.

If I ever ran into one of his kids , I would love to know what became of his attempts at business ventures in eastern Europe after the Soviet Union fell. He was all-in before he died.
I really do not know what to make of Zappa aside from just his being a free spirit. A combination of counter culture hero and conservative entrepreneur. I wonder if his East European ventures were motivated by his Italian/Balkan ancestory

I really do not know what to make of Zappa aside from just his being a free spirit. A combination of counter culture hero and conservative entrepreneur. I wonder if his East European ventures were motivated by his Italian/Balkan ancestory
Heavily on the Balkan side, I'd think. His cousins may be doing quite well, as he was dropping big dollars there before most.

"...And so you can see, that what we're doing here on stage is part of a great American tradition...
The tradition of the Jazz Discharge Party Hats."