Massillon Washington vs Big Walnut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Walnut is a step up from South, but ultimately a team who played an incredibly weak schedule and was largely untested until the first playoff game, which they only won because Olentangy handed them 4 turnovers, 3 on the BW side of the field. They have an extremely talented running back, who in essence makes this a 1 man team. He sheds tacklers well and has deceptive speed getting to the edges, but both of the BW lines are extremely average and they frequently give up negative plays against much poorer teams, so Massillon's DLine should have a field day.

Defensively, don't let their prior scores fool you, again an extremely average line that is easily exploitable. Some of their good skill kids play both ways, but they wont match up across the board with Massillon at all. Their success on defense this year was a product of the weak teams they played, not superior ability that is going to match up with Massillon.

Keys to winning are to be sure tackling on the RB and dont let him break runs. Dont turn the ball over or take bad penalties. Massillon much better on paper and should win this by multiple scores, but they do need to execute here.

Big Walnut is a step up from South, but ultimately a team who played an incredibly weak schedule and was largely untested until the first playoff game, which they only won because Olentangy handed them 4 turnovers, 3 on the BW side of the field. They have an extremely talented running back, who in essence makes this a 1 man team. He sheds tacklers well and has deceptive speed getting to the edges, but both of the BW lines are extremely average and they frequently give up negative plays against much poorer teams, so Massillon's DLine should have a field day.

Defensively, don't let their prior scores fool you, again an extremely average line that is easily exploitable. Some of their good skill kids play both ways, but they wont match up across the board with Massillon at all. Their success on defense this year was a product of the weak teams they played, not superior ability that is going to match up with Massillon.

Keys to winning are to be sure tackling on the RB and dont let him break runs. Dont turn the ball over or take bad penalties. Massillon much better on paper and should win this by multiple scores, but they do need to execute here.
I appreciate the analysis ??

Nice job with this!

You mean we don't do isometric exercises and girl push-ups anymore!
Now I'm really worried ?.

ISOMETRIC - There's a term I haven't heard in years.
Were you a student in school when that was the big thing?
I remember doing them.

:>---

SAl

Heard that Arlin is not available Friday.. heard choices may come down to New Philly, Ashland or Zanesville!

Always fun playing somewhere new! New Philly would be cool, but way too small and parking is not great. Zanesville has a very nice stadium and good parking. Ashland University is nice and would be cool too. But if the Tygers just lost, not sure why Arlin Field wouldn't be available. It just makes the most sense.

Will Big Walnut have more fans show up??
Last nights home game was pathetic.
W. South has traditionally been a diaspora community. Lots of families there — sports or not — with no history/roots in the community aside from their kids going there; alumni of generations past don’t live there anymore. I watched them play Wayne at the State Title game for hoops ~6 years ago @ tOSU and their crowd was super disappointing.

Big Walnut might come in with a decent crowd, since they’re a school district more-specifically tethered to a singular bedroom community… along with the fact they’re undefeated.

Streaming has had a negative effect on crowd size. I fully understand it’s necessary and that people who are at risk of serious health complications should be allowed to stream.

As a never miss a game fan it upsets me when healthy young fans stay home and stream because it’s cold out. Massillon is great because we all come together to support our community.

Status
Not open for further replies.