Massillon Washington vs Big Walnut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will Big Walnut have more fans show up??
Last nights home game was pathetic.

Much better than last week. At this point only our die hard fans show up. Obviously if the seeding had worked out to where we would have played Hoover, Green, Lake or Wooster in earlier rounds, crowds would have been much bigger. My parents (die hard fans) are season tickets holders, and ever since the Tigers moved to the region with C-bus they say "who??? never heard of them" whenever I tell them who we play next. They laughed last night when I told them we play Big Walnut and thought I was joking.

Streaming has had a negative effect on crowd size. I fully understand it’s necessary and that people who are at risk of serious health complications should be allowed to stream.

As a never miss a game fan it upsets me when healthy young fans stay home and stream because it’s cold out. Massillon is great because we all come together to support our community.
Why is it “necessary” though. Grandma and grandpa have spent their whole lives either going to the game or listening on the radio when they couldn’t go. I don’t think they’re the ones beating the drums for live streaming.

Why is it “necessary” though. Grandma and grandpa have spent their whole lives either going to the game or listening on the radio when they couldn’t go. I don’t think they’re the ones beating the drums for live streaming.
I’m with you, I’ve been pretty adamantly outspoken about streaming and everyone always jumps on me. I don’t like it, I want every Tiger player to have the best possible experience playing for Massillon.

Distance from Sunbury to Mansfield's Arlin Field is 45.3 miles. Distance from Massillon to Arlin Field is 57.9 miles.

I’m with you, I’ve been pretty adamantly outspoken about streaming and everyone always jumps on me. I don’t like it, I want every Tiger player to have the best possible experience playing for Massillon.
Yep. Enough is enough with all this live streaming. Whole family can sit at home and watch for $10 rather than go to the game and support the team.

Talk about a weak D2 Region! These Central Ohio football programs are a joke! Don't understand why Massillon wasn't placed into the D2 Region with Akron Hoban, Walsh Jesuit, Hudson, etc.
Because it’s not about strength of region it’s about geography. If you took Massillon out of this region you would be letting a tomato can into the final four every year. Would that be better in your opinion?

Because it’s not about strength of region it’s about geography. If you took Massillon out of this region you would be letting a tomato can into the final four every year. Would that be better in your opinion?
What would be better, in my opinion, is to revert back to only 8 teams qualifying for the playoffs, in each division and each region. OHSAA has all but ruined the uniqueness of the Ohio football playoff system.

With the amount of Massillon fans that showed up the last two weeks....AT HOME....we could play this next game at tuslaw....it might be SRO, but they'd all fit in. Very disappointed.
I can remember the days when the parking lot was full a Hour before kick-off and people had to park in people's yards . I just hope by the time my boys get to highschool they will experience the atmosphere I did.

This attendance thing, my experience: Last year made me realize that I don't need or want to go to every game. I'm older now, nobody connected to me or my family playing or associated with the school any longer, driving 45 minutes, getting home at midnight, doesn't appeal to me when winning is almost certain. This next game is interesting, I'll be there. Gets old hearing the complaints about people leaving early ectc. Those people most likely are years long season ticket holders, bet they spent money in town before game. They can do what they want. If your kid is on the team then yes, parents should prob stick around. Said this in another thread:

Whatever led to that conclusion is flawed - BAD. I didn't go and nobody should be disappointed. I pay for 5 season tickets, and when I don't go I throw down 10 additional dollars to watch from home. I contribute plenty - I'll come and go as I please.

Back the team, not the attendance figures.

I think Massillon rolls vs Big Nut. The Big Nut schedule has been very weak, but one thing for sure they will play hard and will think that they can win. Tigers by 17pts at least. Where will this game be played at?

Maybe that was before Mansfield lost this evening? Just speculation. However if what you are saying is accurate, Ashland would be fine.
The problem with both Ashland stadiums the visitor side seating is pretty limited especially at the high school field

Talk about a weak D2 Region! These Central Ohio football programs are a joke! Don't understand why Massillon wasn't placed into the D2 Region with Akron Hoban, Walsh Jesuit, Hudson, etc.
It's just a numbers thing. Stark County either gets put together with the Columbus area or Toledo.

I did not miss a Massillon game in decades until this year. Got to go to first couple games this year and then the week of Warren game I broke my fibula and ankle. Had surgery and was non weight bearing for almost 9 weeks.
Plate and 6 screws. Just started bearing weight again in physical therapy with one crutch, have a ways to go yet. Miss the games terribly. I am thankful for livestreams because of my situation. I would be there if I could no matter who they played.

Tigers just have to line up and run right at the Walnuts. We will feast on the team from Sunbury. Go Tigers

If Massillon wants more fans at the game then request out of region 7. They will be favored by 28 pts over everybody for the next 6 years.

Highland
TCC
Avon
Olmsted Falls
Benedictine
Hoban
Walsh
Nordonia

All win this region this year with ease.

Massillon sure has had the easier route so far.

If Massillon wants more fans at the game then request out of region 7. They will be favored by 28 pts over everybody for the next 6 years.

Highland
TCC
Avon
Olmsted Falls
Benedictine
Hoban
Walsh
Nordonia

All win this region this year with ease.

Are you saying that schools can request being moved into a region or out of a region? If that is the case, the regions truly are ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.