Massillon Football 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wooster's HUDL page is now showing the Week 9 game vs. Massillon, even though they just show 2 games. I don't trust HUDL as much, but I've seen this twice now.

This is the only thing I'll say on this potential schedule. It's the most ludicrous thing I've ever seen. Makes no sense and does us no good. We didn't get beat by LaSalle because of our schedule. We got beat because they were a better team. Our schedule was good enough to knock off the four-time defending state champions but we lost the title because of the same schedule? Stupid. Except for satisfying the egos of a couple of boosters and the McDonald's geriatric breakfast club I see absolutely nothing logical about this. OK now boys, have at it. Does not diminish my support for the Tigers by any means. Just not a very smart way to enter 2020 I don't care HOW good we think we are going to be.

Egret, this aint the Hall years. With the success of the last 3 seasons we've entered that phase many top programs face, especially as an independent. You don't think we'd like to schedule Stark, Wadsworth, renew Louisville and St. V etc etc? Yesterday's good matchups are today's decided underdogs. Is what it is.

Personally I would rather schedule Hoban than Iggy but very little to critique imo.

Btw, last 3 seasons were 14 games, 15, and 15. And some FL knuckleheads want to chime in about preparing for the playoffs? Playoffs??? LOL. Now that's hilarious.

You're loading this schedule down because we lost one game. To the best team in the division. Makes no sense to me. Once again, the McDonald's geriatric breakfast crowd is speaking volumes. Now I'm done with this. Totally illogical.

This is the only thing I'll say on this potential schedule. It's the most ludicrous thing I've ever seen. Makes no sense and does us no good. We didn't get beat by LaSalle because of our schedule. We got beat because they were a better team. Our schedule was good enough to knock off the four-time defending state champions but we lost the title because of the same schedule? Stupid. Except for satisfying the egos of a couple of boosters and the McDonald's geriatric breakfast club I see absolutely nothing logical about this. OK now boys, have at it. Does not diminish my support for the Tigers by any means. Just not a very smart way to enter 2020 I don't care HOW good we think we are going to be.
There are only 2 games that are against MUCH tougher competition. St Ig and whoever we play week 1 at the Nike festival. The other 8 games are all winnable with mck being the only tossup.

Won’t disagree with that. Just don’t understand the why.

Because steel is strengthened and sharpened by heat. Did Massillon's players and coaches learn anything about themselves when they beat down that one team two years ago? Doubt it. Instead of bemoaning the strength of schedule as the one proposed for 2020, you should be celebrating that Massillon is going to be good enough to meet the challenge, make the playoffs with ease, and will likely be better prepared than even last year to get that win in Week 15.

Because steel is strengthened and sharpened by heat. Did Massillon's players and coaches learn anything about themselves when they beat down that one team two years ago? Doubt it. Instead of bemoaning the strength of schedule as the one proposed for 2020, you should be celebrating that Massillon is going to be good enough to meet the challenge, make the playoffs with ease, and will likely be better prepared than even last year to get that win in Week 15.
Can't we just buy an induction furnace? Sounds easier.

Um, I’m not bemoaning anything. Just disagreeing with it.

That sounds good except it isn't true and we're not talking about steel. We are talking about kids and playing some super team isn't going to make them any faster or keep them from fumbling the ball three times. It's mostly the trolls complaining about the schedule and no matter what we do they will always find something to criticize. I'm not saying we have to play teams we can score a hundred points on . That was a once in a lifetime game. But we've played a good mix of teams the last couple of years and couldn't do better in the computer pole. Who doesn't like getting a home playoff game and being the number one seed.

As a OHIO high school fan. I would be excited to see Bosco come in and play. Just hope the game is on a Saturday night so everyone in the state can come watch.

Interesting...the SJB coach is under the impression that they're playing Massillon, and Gorman is playing Miami Northwest.

Gorman would certainly be a better matchup for the Tigers, as they're nowhere near as good as they were 2017 and prior.

Interesting...the SJB coach is under the impression that they're playing Massillon, and Gorman is playing Miami Northwest.

Gorman would certainly be a better matchup for the Tigers, as they're nowhere near as good as they were 2017 and prior.

Don’t know that, but the Tigers are certainly better that they were in 2017, “and prior.”

Status
Not open for further replies.