Masks, COVID, & science

Yes. Share your studies how masks have had no impact in slowing covid. Please.
1630500765508.png

Yes. Share your studies how masks have had no impact in slowing covid. Please.
University of Louisville study reaffirms mask mandates have not reduced incidence of COVID 19
"Our main finding is that mask mandates and use likely did not affect COVID-19 case growth. Mask mandates were associated with greater mask use but ultimately did not influence total normalized cases or post-mandate case growth. Higher mask use [rather than mandates per se] has been argued to decrease COVID-19 growth rates." https://escipub.com/Articles/IRJPH/IRJPH-2021-08-1005.pdf

Cleveland Clinic also published this : https://www.news-medical.net/news/2...ID-19-Findings-of-Cleveland-Clinic-study.aspx

So why the push to vaxx everyone ? When people who have had covid don't need to be.

I don't disagree. And I hope they continue to update that report (June) as we move forward. Esp. as it relates to Delta. And sure to be other variants.

There is little question that among those who have not gotten covid, the unvaxed are clearly at most risk.

Also, getting covid and getting hospitalized or dying of covid are 2 different things. I got vaxed and understand I could still get it, but am confident it would be mostly asymptomatic or mild, and not require hospitalization. I will get boosters too if/when widely recommended. Not a big deal to me.

Have you had enough? I could go on and on. The virus ebbs and flows on its on. THEY DO NOT WORK!

Looking forward to your 5 examples of a state or country lowering the spread b/c of a mask mandate???

Yes they do. As does social distancing. And outdoor > indoor. Obviously some masks are better than others. I use N95's. All that is pretty settled.

If you had covid, would you go into a public area sans mask if you had to? If you did not have covid, would you mingle in a crowded indoor venue in a spike area that had no masking? Maybe you would I wouldn't.

Yes they do. As does social distancing. And outdoor > indoor. Obviously some masks are better than others. I use N95's. All that is pretty settled.
No they do not. I just shared many independent examples. Masks do not work. People (95%) are not wearing N95.

The virus is going to do, what it is going to do. Show me examples wear any country or state has proven a way to slow COVID with masks.

I can share many more independent (and more credible) examples than you can, but no point really.

Answer the questions.

A study by Canada's University of Waterloo found the blue (paper or whatever they are made of) masks when worn properly are only about 10% effective at stopping Covid transmission. So my thought was the rest of it's protection must come from wishful thinking. You do realize if you wear the mask it is suppose to stop you from sharing the virus with someone else( lowers the chance of you sharing by 10%)and it does nothing to protect you from someone sharing the virus with you. I have even read that it might make your chance of getting the virus higher by it's ability to collect the germs and hold them for you to breath in later.

A study by Canada's University of Waterloo found the blue (paper or whatever they are made of) masks when worn properly are only about 10% effective at stopping Covid transmission. So my thought was the rest of it's protection must come from wishful thinking. You do realize if you wear the mask it is suppose to stop you from sharing the virus with someone else( lowers the chance of you sharing by 10%)and it does nothing to protect you from someone sharing the virus with you. I have even read that it might make your chance of getting the virus higher by it's ability to collect the germs and hold them for you to breath in later.
This was conduced in a controlled environment on a test dummy. So pretty much that 10% is useless in real world application.
Belief is stronger than lab experiments.

This was conduced in a controlled environment on a test dummy. So pretty much that 10% is useless in real world application.
Belief is stronger than lab experiments.
So does this mean that masks stop 10% of Covid droplets but 90% gets through? If that’s the case then I guess they are useless right?

I can share many more independent (and more credible) examples than you can, but no point really.

Answer the questions.
Purple Reign,

I saw this reply or something similar coming as soon as you provided the links they requested. The Lefties challenge credibility of every source that counters their world.

N95 masks do work but these cloth masks are a joke and even can cause other health issues by breathing your own CO2 and bacteria. There are studies proving this as well. But even N95 masks made in China have proven to be not as effective as the N95s made in the US.

This virus has been political from the start for several reasons but the biggest is that the Progressives and governments used it to control the masses. Freedom of choice is definitely under assault and the "pandemic" is proving to be the best tool to date for governments to use against that freedom.

So does this mean that masks stop 10% of Covid droplets but 90% gets through? If that’s the case then I guess they are useless right?
Yea if you are a lab test dummy in a lab controlled environment your will be protected 10% of the time.
If you are in a crowd for hours you might as well just swap spit with each other while wearing a mask

If you had covid, would you go into a public area sans mask if you had to? If you did not have covid, would you mingle in a crowded indoor venue in a spike area that had no masking? Maybe you would I wouldn't.
Does yours have a purge valve in the middle for exhilation ?

You do know you have to dispose of the N95 after each use.. and you should not use it for more than 2 hours straight.

Just give us a couple because the evidence we are looking at right in our faces is masks did not slow the spread at all.

I know, I know. "Just imagine what the case counts would have been without masks"
One of you guys posted a city-journal article on masks with embedded links to all kinds of real and garbage mask studies that is really like a one-stop shop for calling BS on masks. Randomized control trials are real science, and that article has a dozen at least that all show masking to be useless for even slowing the spread of respiratory virus.

Purple Reign,

I saw this reply or something similar coming as soon as you provided the links they requested. The Lefties challenge credibility of every source that counters their world.

N95 masks do work but these cloth masks are a joke and even can cause other health issues by breathing your own CO2 and bacteria. There are studies proving this as well. But even N95 masks made in China have proven to be not as effective as the N95s made in the US.

This virus has been political from the start for several reasons but the biggest is that the Progressives and governments used it to control the masses. Freedom of choice is definitely under assault and the "pandemic" is proving to be the best tool to date for governments to use against that freedom.
KN95 can be meh. 3M N95 made in China is fine, fyi

I showed many independent examples of masks NOT IMPACTING a country or state's spread...please just show me a couple examples of COVID being lowered because of mask mandates.

The examples you were looking for. If you don't want to wear a mask, don't wear one.

In countries with cultural norms or government policies supporting public mask-wearing, per-capita coronavirus mortality increased on average by just 8.0% each week, as compared with 54% each week in remaining countries

Counties that adopted the July mask mandate in Kansas experienced significantly lower rates of COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations, and deaths compared with those that did not. These findings corroborate previous studies that found that mask mandates slowed the growth of COVID-19 cases in Kansas counties and reduced the spread in states.

Trying to stop the spread of such an easily communicable virus is completely futile. You can't sterilize the planet.

I think the hope from politicians was that quarantining, masks, and social distancing would slow down the spread, but masks probably weren't as helpful as social distancing and quarantining is just not a socially responsible long term solution, not to mention a political disaster. Even so, Covid is only symptomatic to half the population and a small percentage of symptomatic people need professional medical care or suffer long term effects. And only 0.3% have fatal cases.

So, it's hysteria. The question is: why do the powers that be want to fuel it?
This was the conclusion of America's greatest infectious disease expert - Dr. Don Henderson. The man credited with wiping out smallpox world wide wrote a seminal paper on what to do and what not to do in the event if a covid like outbreak. For reasons that escape me Fauci, the CDC and numerous public health departments ignored this mans advice.

I could share study after study proving masks have had NO impact in slowing COVID. Never once has any state lowered the spread because of a mask mandate. The virus ebbs and flows on its on.

Can you share an example proving masks impacted a states COVID outcomes?
Think about this - we've been in a covid pandemic for 18 months in which for much of the time mask wearing was mandated. You know that dozens of high quality science studies have been run trying to show that masking reduced covid spread. The research group that could prove a positive masking effect would be the toast of the town and in line for all sorts of funding grants.

Yet to date I have not seen a single clinical or survey study showing that masks either reduced covid spread or the virulence of a covid infection. The only research showing even a slight effect are laboratory studies utilizing manikins. Lab studies of this kind rarely have any relation to real world events.

It is simply not practical to use N95 masks on an entire community. Nor is it practical to use them with schoolchildren.

It is simply not practical to use N95 masks on an entire community. Nor is it practical to use them with schoolchildren.
The virtue-signaling would end at about the same rate that resistance would build. I can plot them on a phone keyboard - X

The legal types can put a finer point on Fit-test requirements under mandate.