Masks again

Tim And Eric Reaction GIF

Saw this coming. It will likely be expanded if COVID infections keep rising like they are. And with just 49.7% of Americans vaccinated, I don't see it slowing any time soon
It has slowed down. We have this little surge with the Delta Variant. That's going to happen, but each surge will be smaller.

At this point, everyone who wants a vax has had the chance to get it. We have a ton of people who have recovered from COVID and have natural immunity. For some very queer reasons that I don't get, that is always totally ignored. So, the number is not 49.7%. It is 49.7% plus the recovered plus the younger population. What that means is we are very near herd immunity.

So, everyone needs to relax and be calm. This is a disease that, if you acquire it, depending on age and co-morbidity factors, you have a 99% chance of recovering from. The vaccine authoritarians need to take a deep breath and realize that the unvaccinated/non-immune are the ones vulnerable to the virus and that is where the virus will spread, but as it does, the recovered get put into the immune numbers.

If the unjabbed die from COVID, well, they chose to not be vaccinated, and choices have consequences. We call that system "freedom" - and it works great. But it does come with a cost. I am happy to live with the consequences of my decisions. I am not willing to live (or die) from the consequences of some wokie, psuedo-intellectual, half-commie imposing decisions on me.

The variants will continue to come and go, and while the Delta is an exception in terms of its R number, the variants will be less contagious and harmful, until, per Dr. Marty Makary at John's Hopkins, it will join the common cold coronaviruses.

Last edited:

Saw this coming. It will likely be expanded if COVID infections keep rising like they are. And with just 49.7% of Americans vaccinated, I don't see it slowing any time soon
And at least another 1/3 of America has had Covid. So between 70 to 80 % of America has had the vax or Covid, seems liike the Trump vaccines maybe keep a person from getting seriously sick from the bat virus but don't stop the variants.

John Rahm is an interesting case. He had tested positive once, but was asymptomatic. He chose not to get vaxed because he assumed he had natural immunity. Then he tested positive again at The Memorial and had to quit with a 6 shot lead, again with no symptoms. So, then you would think he would definitely be in the clear after having tested positive TWICE. Then he tests positive again at the Olympics and has to drop out.

I would love to know the best explanation for his situation. I guess the most obvious would be false positive tests, but he was tested again all 3 times to confirm.

You're wrong. Last year around this time, probably 90% of people, were wearing masks inside places. The vax wasn't out at this time last year. Wake up
Yes most everyone was masked at least 95% from my experience. Obviously no vaccines at that point.

Reactions: y2h
John Rahm is an interesting case. He had tested positive once, but was asymptomatic. He chose not to get vaxed because he assumed he had natural immunity. Then he tested positive again at The Memorial and had to quit with a 6 shot lead, again with no symptoms. So, then you would think he would definitely be in the clear after having tested positive TWICE. Then he tests positive again at the Olympics and has to drop out.

I would love to know the best explanation for his situation. I guess the most obvious would be false positive tests, but he was tested again all 3 times to confirm.
You can test positive for months after the symptoms stop. The CDC has said that you are not contagious when asymptomatic.

Did those same people skip out on gathering with friends and family outside their households?
Most people I know weren’t that stupid, to allow the government to tell them to stay away from family members for a year plus??‍♂️. I coalesced to help “flatten the curve”, after restrictions kept adding on, I took a pass and continued my freedom as best as you Commies would allow.

Most people I know weren’t that stupid, to allow the government to tell them to stay away from family members for a year plus??‍♂️. I coalesced to help “flatten the curve”, after restrictions kept adding on, I took a pass and continued my freedom as best as you Commies would allow.
The point is my observation has been that the people complaining the loudest about continued restrictions and mandates have done the least work to make things better.

I am thinking he still has the virus...it takes time to shed and the tests are picking it up even though he is asymptomatic. I agree it is a strange situation.

Isn't this about the one year anniversary, of hearing a little weasel say, if everyone would just wear their masks for a month straight, we will knock this pandemic out. Lol
Rewind a couple more months, we just had to take precautions to avoid overwhelming the hospitals. The message just keeps changing.

Only 30 deaths "with" Covid-19 in Ohio last week. These are numbers that should be looked at with great optimism instead of all the Chicken Littles calling for masks.

“This”? Please elaborate. If you mean “this” to mean “me owning you on a message board”, then… No, not tired.
This as in still having Covid-19 impacting our lives.

But congrats on the internet-ownage. Maybe SayMyName will hand you one of his internet trophies.

PCR test with high cycle count?