MAC week 7 power rankings

If Versailles would curb stomp the Flyers, that means ML doesn’t stand much of a chance against Bremen next week considering how well the Cardinals played the Tigers…
If that is your logic than how did Anna ever beat Minster by 4 TD’s in 19??? I mean didn’t Minster beat the unbeatable Flyers that year….

1a. Marion Local
1b. Coldwater
3. Versailles
4. New Bremen
5. St. Henry
6. Anna
7. DSJ
8. Fort Recovery
9. Parkway
10. Minster

I am obviously a little biased in this argument, but wins DO matter. I did not see much from either team in the Versailles/ML game that would argue that Versailles was the "better team". As for the 2019 Anna/ML game, I agree Anna was a monster that year, but shouldn't the "best team" win in any sort of weather? Not claiming that Anna wasn't (probably) the best team in the MAC that year, I am just making an observation. I am however very glad that the MAC is very competitive at the top. It's a shame that St. Henry doesn't play New Bremen to see who really is the 4th best team-- I believe they are very similar.
Still a shame Coldwater and Versailles dont play this year either. However the possibility is there for St Henry and New Bremen to meet in the playoffs like they did last year.

Didn't ML also have a key player or two not play in that game? They have been hit with the injury bug hard this season, yet still find a way.
I’m not sure. I think is was a 1 point game.
I am by no means trying to undermine what ML has been able to do.
The intent of this thread was to say, in my opinion…. We have numerous teams that can make it to state.
Also from what I have seen this year, Versailles may be the best team. ML did beat them. So there is a lot of room for debate.

Still a shame Coldwater and Versailles dont play this year either. However the possibility is there for St Henry and New Bremen to meet in the playoffs like they did last year.
I know the Varsity teams wont play this year, but I am wondering if is possible for the JV to play week 10. Versailles has Minster and Coldwater has Parkway. I dont know if Minster and Parkway will have a JV by then.

I also want to go out on a limb and say… Versailles is the best team. Now hold on, I know they lost a close one to ML, but I think if given a second chance Versailles curb stomps them.
Reminds me of the time ML beat Anna in 2019. I think anyone who watched the game would agree. Take away the rain and they’ll be a different outcome.
You should stop the day drinking.

I’m not sure. I think is was a 1 point game.
I am by no means trying to undermine what ML has been able to do.
The intent of this thread was to say, in my opinion…. We have numerous teams that can make it to state.
Also from what I have seen this year, Versailles may be the best team. ML did beat them. So there is a lot of room for debate.
Versailles learned from the loss at ML. I think it help them win against NB. Versailles started running from the I against NB and it help move the chains and control the clock.
On defence, the ends didn't get to much penetration and cut off cut back lanes and outside linebacker kept outside containment. Now Versailles just has to stay healthy. Versailles will be missing some players this week but hope to get these guys back in the next couple weeks.
I think a better conversation on who is best in the league is about Coldwater and Marion at this point. They get to prove it on the field.

What about the league rankings as a whole? I would probably have it as:

1. Coldwater
2. Marion Local
3. Versailles
4. New Bremen
5. St. Henry
6. Anna
7. DSJ
8. Fort Recovery
9. Parkway
10. Minster

As far as a state level, I do agree that Versailles, Coldwater, Marion Local, and even New Bremen will all play the usual MAC roll in the playoffs. None will be an easy out and capable of winning multiple games and even making state. In DVII R28, I think it will all come down to that Marion Local vs. New Bremen matchup with the winner ultimately making the state championship game. I give that edge to Marion Local. In DVI R24, Coldwater is the class of that region. The Cavs should definitely have an opportunity to make the state championship once again. In DV R20, I believe Versailles is also the favorite to win that region. The biggest road block for Versailles overall is that they're in the same division as Kirtland.
I think the Semi's may present a bigger challenge for the Cavs than state with a possible matchup with Archbold. They are playing some good ball and beating quality teams.

Everyone is sleeping on SH. On paper St. Henry has the best defense and probably has the MAC poy.
Ah yes, St. Henry...
isleep.jpg

If Versailles would curb stomp the Flyers, that means ML doesn’t stand much of a chance against Bremen next week considering how well the Cardinals played the Tigers…
Depends on definition of "curb stomp". Looked the definition up and there were two very different kinds of curb stomp. One involved positioning a person's mouth on a curb so when you stomp on the back of their head they bite the curb, inflicting serious injury.

The other form of curb stomp involves a drinking game. If I were betting which of the two Versailles could pull off.......

Depends on definition of "curb stomp". Looked the definition up and there were two very different kinds of curb stomp. One involved positioning a person's mouth on a curb so when you stomp on the back of their head they bite the curb, inflicting serious injury.

The other form of curb stomp involves a drinking game. If I were betting which of the two Versailles could pull off.......
from my past experience... the Flyers that I know were VERY GOOD in drinking games.....LOL!!