MAC week 7 power rankings

MACguy2021

I think it is safe to assume that the MAC will be well represented at State.
D5 - Versailles
D6 - CW
D7 - ML/NB

thoughts??

I think it is safe to assume that the MAC will be well represented at State.
D5 - Versailles
D6 - CW
D7 - ML/NB

thoughts??
Steiners may be there if they get healthy. NB was a one year wonder.

Versailles and CW will not be. TOo many holes in their game to truly compete with big boy football.
The MAC, as a whole, is way down this year.

I also want to go out on a limb and say… Versailles is the best team. Now hold on, I know they lost a close one to ML, but I think if given a second chance Versailles curb stomps them.
Reminds me of the time ML beat Anna in 2019. I think anyone who watched the game would agree. Take away the rain and they’ll be a different outcome.

I also want to go out on a limb and say… Versailles is the best team. Now hold on, I know they lost a close one to ML, but I think if given a second chance Versailles curb stomps them.
Reminds me of the time ML beat Anna in 2019. I think anyone who watched the game would agree. Take away the rain and they’ll be a different outcome.
buuuuut they didnt, and that is all that matters.

Anyone find a theme here?
A better Versailles team got beat by MSML.
A better Anna team got beat by MSML.
(Ill add) a better Ft Loramie team got beat by MSML.
A few times a better Coldwater team got beat by MSML.

Coach Goodwin just knows how to win games. Period. End of story.

No I agree with that…. Timmy G knows how to win games. However I still believe Versailles is the best team in the MAC this year.

What about the league rankings as a whole? I would probably have it as:

1. Coldwater
2. Marion Local
3. Versailles
4. New Bremen
5. St. Henry
6. Anna
7. DSJ
8. Fort Recovery
9. Parkway
10. Minster

As far as a state level, I do agree that Versailles, Coldwater, Marion Local, and even New Bremen will all play the usual MAC roll in the playoffs. None will be an easy out and capable of winning multiple games and even making state. In DVII R28, I think it will all come down to that Marion Local vs. New Bremen matchup with the winner ultimately making the state championship game. I give that edge to Marion Local. In DVI R24, Coldwater is the class of that region. The Cavs should definitely have an opportunity to make the state championship once again. In DV R20, I believe Versailles is also the favorite to win that region. The biggest road block for Versailles overall is that they're in the same division as Kirtland.

What about the league rankings as a whole? I would probably have it as:

1. Coldwater
2. Marion Local
3. Versailles
4. New Bremen
5. St. Henry
6. Anna
7. DSJ
8. Fort Recovery
9. Parkway
10. Minster

As far as a state level, I do agree that Versailles, Coldwater, Marion Local, and even New Bremen will all play the usual MAC roll in the playoffs. None will be an easy out and capable of winning multiple games and even making state. In DVII R28, I think it will all come down to that Marion Local vs. New Bremen matchup with the winner ultimately making the state championship game. I give that edge to Marion Local. In DVI R24, Coldwater is the class of that region. The Cavs should definitely have an opportunity to make the state championship once again. In DV R20, I believe Versailles is also the favorite to win that region. The biggest road block for Versailles overall is that they're in the same division as Kirtland.
I agree 100% with this take. Sums up my original post saying the MAC will be well represented. I did not say they would win state… but more than likely be there with a chance to take home some hardware.

What's in a name? Good win is good at winning. Learned or genetics? Assume some ansecesters of his earned such a surname.

This is one year I actually concur with you that the MAC is way down. Or is it way up? There are about 5 teams I personally think could make it to game 15 so I have to question if any of them can "run away" with a title. Experience at the top (coaching staff) has to favor a couple of these teams.

I would have Versailles #1, but also note they have the toughest road to a title and little recent experience with such success.

What's in a name? Good win is good at winning. Learned or genetics? Assume some ansecesters of his earned such a surname.

This is one year I actually concur with you that the MAC is way down. Or is it way up? There are about 5 teams I personally think could make it to game 15 so I have to question if any of them can "run away" with a title. Experience at the top (coaching staff) has to favor a couple of these teams.

I would have Versailles #1, but also note they have the toughest road to a title and little recent experience with such success.
Yeah…. Crazy to think someone other than ML is capable of winning state. I should probably keep my thoughts and opinions to myself haha.

honestly. I think we have a few schools who could get the job done. It will be exciting to see for sure.

FYSA:
It will take a win in week 16 for a title this year.

You are right, Versailles is the best team I have seen, in the one game I have seen, but in the end Coldwater or MSML is the best team in the league; wins mean everything or they wouldn't keep score. I guess we can have an argument if the Tigers, Flyers and Cavs all end the season with one loss.

I don't think Versailles is the same juggernaut that Anna was that year, I still think MSML beating them that year is one of the biggest upsets in the MAC in the last 10 years. Look at the rest of their games, they were dominate, MSML was in their head and when it comes down to coaching always take Goodwin.

I don't think Versailles is the same juggernaut that Anna was that year, I still think MSML beating them that year is one of the biggest upsets in the MAC in the last 10 years. Look at the rest of their games, they were dominate, MSML was in their head and when it comes down to coaching always take Goodwin.
Yea I agree. Guys who I work with are from ML. All of them said they were lucky to win that game. But credit to ML for finding a way. Great program none the less.

If I remember correctly…. Anna had a running clock on every game in the playoffs. Including the state title game.

1a. Marion Local
1b. Coldwater
3. Versailles
4. New Bremen
5. St. Henry
6. Anna
7. DSJ
8. Fort Recovery
9. Parkway
10. Minster

I am obviously a little biased in this argument, but wins DO matter. I did not see much from either team in the Versailles/ML game that would argue that Versailles was the "better team". As for the 2019 Anna/ML game, I agree Anna was a monster that year, but shouldn't the "best team" win in any sort of weather? Not claiming that Anna wasn't (probably) the best team in the MAC that year, I am just making an observation. I am however very glad that the MAC is very competitive at the top. It's a shame that St. Henry doesn't play New Bremen to see who really is the 4th best team-- I believe they are very similar.

1a. Marion Local
1b. Coldwater
3. Versailles
4. New Bremen
5. St. Henry
6. Anna
7. DSJ
8. Fort Recovery
9. Parkway
10. Minster

I am obviously a little biased in this argument, but wins DO matter. I did not see much from either team in the Versailles/ML game that would argue that Versailles was the "better team". As for the 2019 Anna/ML game, I agree Anna was a monster that year, but shouldn't the "best team" win in any sort of weather? Not claiming that Anna wasn't (probably) the best team in the MAC that year, I am just making an observation. I am however very glad that the MAC is very competitive at the top. It's a shame that St. Henry doesn't play New Bremen to see who really is the 4th best team-- I believe they are very similar.
That is a fair take. I think the 19 Anna team was one of the most dominate teams I have seen in a long time. Very close to the 07 or 08 MSML team that beat Ursuline. Can’t remember the exact year.

1a. Marion Local
1b. Coldwater
3. Versailles
4. New Bremen
5. St. Henry
6. Anna
7. DSJ
8. Fort Recovery
9. Parkway
10. Minster

Also there is a large gap between 5 and 6….

That is a fair take. I think the 19 Anna team was one of the most dominate teams I have seen in a long time. Very close to the 07 or 08 MSML team that beat Ursuline. Can’t remember the exact year.
That was the 07 Marion team. That and the 14 Marion team were something else.

tough to EVER curb stomp the Flyers... and i do mean EVER!!!

Yeah…. Crazy to think someone other than ML is capable of winning state. I should probably keep my thoughts and opinions to myself haha.

honestly. I think we have a few schools who could get the job done. It will be exciting to see for sure.
tough to take you serious when you say the Tiger would curb stomp the Flyers... they may beat them...... but when is the last time the Flyers EVER got smacked around?

tough to take you serious when you say the Tiger would curb stomp the Flyers... they may beat them...... but when is the last time the Flyers EVER got smacked around?
2019 vs DIII Bishop Watterson. Lost 31-7 That or a 2012 loss to Coldwater 27-0. Other than these two.. they haven't lost by more than 2 scores since 2010.