MAC 2021

Congrats to the Akron Zips. After getting down early, they turned it on. They just totally out hustled the Flashes. Love it ! GO ZIPS !!!

Kent was not built to come from behind, at all. The MAC/Kent admin suspension was a death sentence and effectively the tournament was decided come that moment. I do think Akron is a better team though. Kent just happened to have a miracle run to close out the season.

That said... most ridiculous suspension I've ever seen. I'll leave the MAC out of it but the Kent admin did their athletes wrong there. A stupid video like that is some of the least controversial behavior I've ever seen. I thought they wanted their students to care about the rivalry. Come on the place isn't exactly Harvard. Those guys showing up and excelling is doing Kent a favor, not the other way around.

Kent was not built to come from behind, at all. The MAC/Kent admin suspension was a death sentence and effectively the tournament was decided come that moment. I do think Akron is a better team though. Kent just happened to have a miracle run to close out the season.

That said... most ridiculous suspension I've ever seen. I'll leave the MAC out of it but the Kent admin did their athletes wrong there. A stupid video like that is some of the least controversial behavior I've ever seen. I thought they wanted their students to care about the rivalry. Come on the place isn't exactly Harvard. Those guys showing up and excelling is doing Kent a favor, not the other way around.

It was a forced no-brainer decision.

They lost 1 player who plays made no difference.

we know you struggle to make your points clear. Want to try and clarify? The penalty shouldn't take in how much someone contributes and they didn't. A player who had scored 19 pts previous game got sat also and that's as it should be

13 seed Akron travels to Portland to play 4 seed UCLA in the NCAA Tournament.

Dayton makes the trip up I-75 to play Toledo in the NIT.

Ohio hosts Rice in the CBI.

Last edited:
13 seed Akron travels to Portland to play 4 seed UCLA in the NCAA Tournament.

Dayton makes the trip up I-75 to play Toledo in the NIT.

Ohio hosts Rice in the CBI.

Toledo only got the game because Dayton has forward thinking people that built a decent sized arena. Their arena will be busy.

Tough draw for Akron. I think Toledo will beat Dayton. If Ohio can revert to early season form they could win CBI.

With a common opponent of Richmond, there doesn't seem to be a lot of point disparity between Dayton and Toledo. Dayton seems to have the two things Toledo struggles with: bigs and depth. In Dayton's case, they have a GOOD Big in Holmes.

With a common opponent of Richmond, there doesn't seem to be a lot of point disparity between Dayton and Toledo. Dayton seems to have the two things Toledo struggles with: bigs and depth. In Dayton's case, they have a GOOD Big in Holmes.
Toledo gets shutdown entirely.

Doesn't make me feel good about Ohio's odds (not that the CBI matters) and Akron will need some big magic to knock off UCLA

Toledo gets shutdown entirely.

Doesn't make me feel good about Ohio's odds (not that the CBI matters) and Akron will need some big magic to knock off UCLA

Akron and Ohio have HC's that participate during the game. Toledo's plays it hands off, makes no adjustments or doesn't know what adjustments to make. He had a 6'6" 50% 3-pt shooter guarding one of the best new big centers in the nation. Shooter went 0-10. It didn't seem to clue our coach in, that Dayton wasn't reciprocating by having big new center guard 6'6" shooter.

Bobcats dodge a bullet. Yesterday I thought there seemed to be a good chance of Boals getting the Butler job. You'd have to feel pretty good of him being at OU for at least another year now.

With some of the other moves made on the chess board this hiring season (specifically Dennis Gates going to Missouri), IMO with 1-2 more good years at OU Boals will be a very likely target should Ohio State move on from Holtmann in the near future.

The MAC will look very different next year with the transfer portal...

List below... I maybe missing some... Found these on 247. Will update as there will surely be more names in coming weeks.

Akron
Ali Ali to ? (2nd Team All-MAC)

Ball State
Payton Sparks to ? (3rd Team All-MAC, All-Freshman Team)

Buffalo
David Skogman to ?

EMU
Mo Njie to ? (All-Freshman Team)

Ohio
Ben Vander Plas to ? (1st Team All-MAC)
Mark Sears to ? (1st Team All-MAC)
Seth Towns to ?

Toledo
Dante Maddox Jr FROM Cal State Fullerton

Boals has his work cutout for him. BVP was not really expected back (was known he would likely grad transfer after this year having already been in Athens 5 years bc of COVID) but Sears is a surprise. Boals has already been linked to some potential big names in the portal so hopefully he can reload the Bobcats on-top of the highly ranked recruiting class he's already signed this year.

Disappointing to see Ali Ali, Sparks and Njie leaving the MAC. Those are 3 promising players...